main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST October 30th 2012 reflection thread: Do you remember where you were when you found out?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Oct 30, 2013.

1. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    I was at the pub with a few friends, when one of them said 'Oh did you hear that Disney bought Lucasfilm and they are making more Star Wars.' I didn't believe them. It seemed so impossible because Lucas had said for so long that there would be no more films, that the story ended with Darth Vader. For the rest of the evening at the pub my friends couldn't convince me it wasn't just some elaborate online troll. Next day I checked out the story myself and I think I kind of just sat there in shock for a good half an hour, trying to process the idea.

2. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Last university year, M&A class. I was about to start a very interesting class, and just before it I quickly looked at the newspaper, and I saw it on a small area "Disney buys Lucasfilm Episode 7 (yep, with normal number) announced". I just say "fuuuuuuckk!!!" and couldn´t stop to think about it the whole class. I can´t even remember what the class was about.

3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    i was watching a repeat of the JFK assassination

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  4. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    I was at work saw it on yahoo said no way! Didn't believe it all day got home from work watched some yoda scenes from TESB on blu ray, started looking it up realized it was true. Played JW on my piano for 2 hours and began lurking this site for a LONG time lol

5. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I know something else that happened... many of us who created an account here and frequented these forums during the production of the PT came right back here and had to figure out our username/passwords to our old abandoned accounts! [face_laugh]

6. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It was the biggest shock of 2012. I never thought we'd see a sequel trilogy.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  7. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I'm having a hard enough time believing it was 2012 (which is a good thing). It seems like it was last month. Starting to get anxious though lol

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Indy 11

Indy 11 Jedi Padawan

Nov 4, 2012
    The power was out from a big snow storm in October when I was in Connecticut. My sister told me with a passing thought and I got upset at her for saying that. The prospect of a sequel trilogy was something I looked up a few times a month. So, I went to the public library just so I could et internet access and I found out it was true. Best snowstorm day ever

Bennihana likes this.
  9. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    I was doing the same thing i do every day

Trying to take over the world!!!!!

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Lucas texted me. I didn't believe him at first, but he was pretty adamant.

11. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I actually got told by a friend at work who discovered the news on the Internet. He likes Star Wars but isn't a huge fan like me. I remember buzzing at the announcement. Good stuff :)

12. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    i was sitting at my desk in my office at work, scoping the internet. Saw a post, confirmed by checking another site, came to the forums, and posted the first thread about the sale/announcement of Episode VII. People were in shock and it has been glorious.

13. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I remember it quite well.
    I live in NYC, and I couldn't get to work that day because Super Storm Sandy had shut down the mass transit. So I was at home, browsing IMDB, and I saw somebody had started a thread about Episodes 7, 8 and 9. I remember thinking to myself, "Sigh... when are people going to stop with the 'Episode 7, 8 and 9' nonsense? The story is over." Then I read the thread and saw that it contained a link to the video of Lucas and Kennedy confirming that the new trilogy was going to be made. Suddenly, despite years of thinking that sequel episodes would just be milking the franchise, I was super excited about the idea. And then I remembered that people not too far from me were now homeless because of the massive storm, and SW felt kind of trivial compared to that... but, I was still excited about it. Kind of a mixed bag of emotions that day.

14. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I was working at the library. I was wearing a Belle costume because ya know...it was almost Halloween and Belle just goes with Libraries. I remember spending most of my free time just checking twitter and all the website updates regarding it

15. Hydro spanner Celt

Hydro spanner Celt Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    I was doing morning sit ups in the upstairs hall way with the BBC news on down stairs, when I heard the Main theme. Ànd thought to myself why is the BBC news playing the star wars main theme. Couldn't belive it. For the rest of the working day couldn't concentrate, not much work done. It was a day that will long be remembered. ....

16. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    I believe I was on Reddit, at my house, and came across this

[​IMG]

17. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I immediately believed the news that Disney bought Lucasfilm but it took me awhile to come around to believing there would be a new trilogy.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I was waking up from a nightmare reality where Star Wars was over and no sequel trilogy was ever going to be made.

EviL_eLF and Artoo-Dion like this.
  19. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    I'm old and can't remember what I did yesterday. :(

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  20. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I was on the computer reading everyone elses negative reactions, so I posted a Facebook status saying "Why are people so afraid of new Star Wars movies? Because 7 8 9"

21. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Home, it was a stressful week, so that definitely lifted my spirits.

22. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Oh man, I think I was at work when it was announced. I had hit a slow period, so I hopped onto Facebook and saw the news. At first, I was pretty pissed off with the idea of Disney taking the reigns of my favorite franchise, but it didn't take long for me to realize that it's actually quite a good thing.

23. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I was at home trying to figure out how to squeeze a camel through the eye of a needle, when I heard the news and thought "Whaaaaaat??!! But that's impossible!"

24. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    i was at someones moms house....im sure of it.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  25. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    I think I was at school... I do know I had an eye appointment that day (or maybe it was the next day)