main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST October 30th 2012 reflection thread: Do you remember where you were when you found out?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Yes, I remember it well - I was out of town visiting family, and happened to be online - I saw the news about Disney acquiring Lflm. & the new SW movies, and thought it was a hoax at first. However, after I looked into it more I realized it was true. It honestly took quite some time for the news to sink in - I thought after Episode III that was it for SW films, and that, just like "the dark times" after ROTJ was released in '83, the license would slowly lose steam...which was already happening to some extent prior to the October 2012 announcement....

I also felt this took a lot of us by surprise, much more so than the Episode 1 announcement...In fact, I don't even specifically remember when I first heard that Lucas would be making Episode 1 - I do remember that in the late '80's I read in "Starlog" magazine (old timers like me will remember that sci-fi mag) that Lucas was planning on going back and telling the story of Anakin Skywalker & how he became Darth Vader, but I don't think this was officially confirmed until the mid-'90's?! Maybe I read it online....

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    Jeez.. do ya think that most people here found out online?! [face_sigh]

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  3. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    No hurt was caused - I just found it funny that people were so way off because of their assumptions.;)

4. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    I remember reading about it like most everyone here online, then triple checking around a few other sites to make sure it was legit. I was at work when I got the news, and as soon as I left I called my friend on the drive home and we just giggled like schoolgirls for 30 minutes speculating who would be in the new films and what they would be about.

5. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    It was fun for me, because I'd predicted on the JC years ago that Lucas would take his company public or sell to Disney whenever he got ready to retire from Star Wars, and that if it was the latter, the machinery of making new Star Wars movies would shift into high gear quickly and for the long haul. In hindsight, a pretty easy call to make, but I'm glad I was the first one on the JC to make it.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  6. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I didn't think you were hurt. It looked like you thought someone was accusing you, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    No, nothing like that - was just funny the assumptions that were being made ;)

8. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Good grief dude if you're going to keep this going you might as well just tell us what you were doing. ;)

9. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Ah, relax, I was just explaining that there was no offence taken.

EDIT: just saw the winky face - viewing on a small screen didn't see it until after I posted and am retracting the jibe :)

However, people do need to relax about things here.

whostheBossk and Mystery Roach like this.