main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN *October 9th General Meeting*

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by WedgesOtherNephew, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    We understand, Adam. After all, it can be hard to reschedule those hair transplants...

:D

2. KesshiRoshiv

KesshiRoshiv Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
    Sorry I didn?t make it to the meeting but my best friend?s father was in the hospital and my friend really needed be to be there. I hopefully will make it to the one in November.

3. Agent_Sith

Agent_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    Not a problem. :)

I hope everything turns out ok. Hopefully you'll be able to make it to the book club meeting on the 26th. :)

Doug

4. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Meeting Notes for 10/9/04

Six members were in attendance.

Book Club Update
    -As we were missing a certain crimson-haired clergyman, Steve gave the update.
    -The most recent BC meeting, held 9/28, turned out well. Steve said 6 to 7 people were in attendance as the group discussed "Iron Fist."
    -The next meeting is as always the last Tuesday of the month, 10/26, at 6:30 P.M. at Borders. This month's reading selection will be announced on the official Book Club thread. Doug and Stacky will be in charge of the meeting in Adam's stead.

Celebration 3 Update
    -Pre-registration for C3 is currently up and running, with an ending date of 3/4/05. The pre-registration price for a 4-day pass is $95 (on-site registration will cost $110). For more info or to pre-register, visit the official C3 site.
    -Getting tickets for the event will not be a problem, however hotel rooms are disappearing fast. As I write this, I believe most of the hotels available with pre-registration are already gone. Anyone who hasn't found a hotel is strongly urged to do so immediately.
    -The club has booked 2 rooms at the Best Western in downtown Indy, one for 4/19-4/23 (for those wanting to go up a few days early) and the other for 4/21-4/23 (just for the show). Scott figures we can fit up to 4 per room, so anyone wanting to use these rooms should let him know. At present, there is no rush to sign up, so everyone has some time to figure out what they're doing. Currently, Scott and I are signed up for the first room (the one booked starting 4/19), and the other room is empty.

Nathan Butler Event
    -Nathan's signing of "SW Tales" is set for Wednesday, December 22, though no time has been finalized yet.
    -The club wants a start time of 5:30 P.M., and Scott is seeking to finalize this with Nathan and Jim Jones of Comic Quest.
    -Our local 501st members, Joe and DeWayne, will suit up for the event.
    -Scott stressed to those present that this is a great opportunity to promote our club, and hopefully garner some new members in the process. It was decided the club will contact other Fanforce chapters about our event, and also put blurbs put in the Mid-Rim Tribune to spread the word.
    -Scott asked for a volunteer to make signs for the event, and Joe volunteered.
    -The issue is scheduled to come out 10/22, so everyone buy their copies when it comes out to ensure that you'll get one.
    -Stay tuned to this thread for more updates in the future.

DVD Discussion
    -The members in attendance discussed the new OT DVDs after all business was conducted.
    -Though everyone was thrilled to finally have the OT on DVD, the reaction to the new changes was generally lukewarm.
    -The general consensus was that Lucas should've fixed what wasn't fixed in 1997, instead of fixing the fixes.

After the meeting, several of the members in attendance went out to eat at TGI Friday's.

Any amendments? Speak now or forever surrender your right to ridicule Adam about his thinning hair.

5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    *speaks*

I can't surrender that right!

6. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    I thought that it was a cool meeting. I really liked the lightsaber duel afterward. Although, I still think that we should have taken turns throwing Cole and Doug at each other a la Yoda Vs. Dooku.

Oh, dinner was nice, especially the waitress whose uncanny resemblance to Trichelle from the Real World Las Vegas convinced me to give slightly more than the normal 2% gratuity.

Later,

Edric

7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002

8. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    I was at Comic Quest earlier today, thinking about the groovy time I had last week with the lightsaber duels and decided to get the Rebel Storm Booster Pack. When I got home, I thought I was shorted one 'ittle figure until I dumped the whole box out. Low and behold, the missing seventh (hmmmm...."The Missing Seventh".....hmmmm, a good idea for a book or movie, but I digress......), was the Mon Calamari Mercenary. There are no words.......no words......to express my glee.

Giggles and Tribbles,

Edric *****Wiping a tear from his eye*****

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.