main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

October BBQ shindig minutes

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Cast:

Jayna
    Q99213
    Commander_Farsight
    jackdoud
    Kashyyk
    Biggie (2nd meeting)
    Bobafett316 (2nd meeting)
    cat tron (1st meeting)
    some random guy and three other psuedo random people

We got started a tad late...

We discussed T-shirts and came to no conclusions.
    We discussed Halloween and decided that indeed Halloween is still on the 31st of October.
    We also decided that our next meeting is going to be the third Saturday of November (15th) and we are going to go bowling, possibly in costume.

Jayna's burger tried to eat her.

I got bit.

Then we all headed out to GI Jeff's where Jayna, Kashyyyk, and I all tried on flight suits and everyone else kinda wandered. Then we went back and discussed the finer points of Sushi with Chido and watched random things on jack's computer. I shall now gouge out my eyes with a spoon. Wait, my spoon is too big :( and my anus is bleeding :(

I then came home and realized that the EE-3 shirt that I ordered and wanted to wear to this meeting happened to come in the mail, today, along with my Got Blaster shirt :D

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Hey now! I think I did a pretty darn good job of conquering that beast of a burger!

As for the t-shirt stuff, I will try to work on finishing the waves in my design so you can post it up somewhere, Q. I would really like to get us those shirts ASAP.

Also, if one of you 501st guys could keep us informed of Halloween events, provided non-501st are welcome, that'd be great. I really want to go out and do something fun for Halloween. :)

3. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Oh yeah- one thing I forgot to ask you guys during our brief meeting. Do you think it is necessary to have a monthly sticky topic for our meeting events? My only problem with them is the fact that in order to get them off of the top of our page, we have to delete them. I really kind of like being able to go through old posts. Plus, we have to harass poor Minacia to get them added and removed each month.

I personally think that we could do without the sticky. What do you think?

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    From the Fl Garrison XO:

Whewww, trying to recover from DC and get back into "real life" mode....it aint easy though. Anyway, about halloween. This is not in anyway a formal "event". It's just a bunch of us and anyone getting together downtown, havin some fun. In the past we've all met in the parking lot on the corner of Washington and Magnolia which has worked out pretty good because theres plenty of space for us to suit up. I'll do some research and find out when things will be happening so we can set a time to meet up. At the moment I'm thinking around 8pm or so but don't mark that in stone just yet...There's not really an "itenerary" for this. We're basically just going to meet up at a certain area and go troop it up downtown.

I may have to go saberless unless I can either get one made up really quick or use my Vader one. I've also inquired about itty bitty teenie weenie little short short flight suits, so hopefully I'll get some good news :)

I seriously am thinking about going to Orlando, so if anyone wants to go hang with the troops, lemme know. After Bones and Esh get done with me I may need a ride home :p

The only thing with not having a stickie is that the thread would get pushed down, but wait, 28 days out of the year no one posts, so yeah, I guess we don't need a stickie :)

5. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I don't need an ittie bittie teenie weenie little short short flight suit! I'm not that tiny! I just need an XS. :) Thanks for inquiring!

Yeah, I don't see much of a need for a sticky thread, as the monthly meeting thread seems to be our busiest anyhow. It might not always be at the top, but it should always be close.

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yes, but when you put on the small I don't know if it was more funny than cute or more cute than funny! Besides, I heard that song from the late 90's and it reminded me of the flight suit, so...

7. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    First off, that song was originaly from the 60s.
    Second, I think that having a sticky thread is something for really important stuff, not monthly meetings. Someone is always on to keep it close to the top.
    Thrid, I saw some chlid size flight suits there, the only thing about that though, is that you would have to take off the patches already on it.
    Fourth, YOU SPELL MY NAME CA-TRON!!!!!!
    NOT CAT-TRON!!! That just sounds stupid.

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    um, riiiiiight.

Anyway, from the Introduce Yourself thread: "Cat for short"
    Hence my confusion. I apalogize. I would promise to get it right next time, but I probably won't and rather than break a promise, I just won't.

Hey Jayna, I have some great pics of that burger eating you :D

9. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    It's ok. I completely understand.

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yes, try having random numbers after your name and see what happens :p

11. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002