main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE October Halloween Party/Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    First off...is there even any interest in having a costume party? No point in fretting about it if we will have the same level of interest as our cookout.

It would of course be one of our typical pot luck food gatherings, so that covers food and drink. Would we want to have it on our regularly scheduled meeting date?

How about location? I dont think my place would be quite roomy enough, unless you wanted to mingle on the lawn.......didnt think so.

This is something I would like to get set early enough to get on both our website and on Fanforce.

Ideas anyone?

2. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    I'd be up for it. As long as the interest is there, I think it would be a blast. I've been wanting a place to wear my Star Trek uniform for a long time...ooops, wrong group.

Well, I vote yes. See ya.

boB

3. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Sounds good to me. I'd be up for it. I have a Jedi costume needing to be worn.

4. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Cool....anybody have any ideas as to where to hold it?

5. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    I vote for Omaha! Who's with me?!

TB750
    Swift, Silent, Deadly...

6. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Always one....always..... ;)

7. TK750

Oct 22, 2001
    Noooo.....

Always two there are. A master and an apprentice. Now, where that damn apprentice has run off to, I will never know...

TB750
    Swift, Silent, Deadly...

Yes, you left yourself wide open for that one.

8. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Check out the new Icon boys and girls. :) Some will get it, some won't. :) Jeff if you're out there email me please. I've tried getting in touch with ya but the email I have is dead and I haven't recieved a reply to a PM. Just thought this was the next logical step.

9. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    Sorry Jake, you probably don't have my new email, and I cleaned my cache this weekend, so that logged me out, and I never got around to logging back in. Check your pm!

10. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm all for a costume party...But I don't have a costume. :)

And, no. I will -NOT- be coming as Slave Sarah!

11. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    You dont have a costume? Well then what is?.... :eek: Thats your real....Oh my!

HEHE.

Anyway, I have word that soon my newest threads will be done, and my Shadow Jedi will come to life. So I hope to unveil it at our little shin-dig. If all else fails, I will again open my little corner of the galaxy for this event. We can always spill out onto the deck and the courtyard if need be.

Bob, if you would be so kind as to put something up on the site....I posted over in Kurts boards, too. I guess we will make it BYOF, much like our other food gatherings.

Are we just going to leave it for the 20th then?

12. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    20th? Damn the man! That's my dad's birthday, and mine is the following day....He's coming up from KC for the weekend. I have no idea just what we're doing, but I'm sure I'll be on family duty for a few days.

13. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Always an excuse....we see how it is.

14. TK750

Oct 22, 2001
    Hey all,

I've been playing around with this notion. I'm tempted to offer my apartment for the party, but we'd have to do it on the 19th instead of the 20th. What benefits are there? Well, I just got a 61" TV with Surround Sound... Maybe I shouldn't say that. Anyways, just seeing what y'all think.

TB750
    Swift, Silent, Deadly...

15. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Sorry. Can't make it on the 19th. The kid's birthday.

16. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    either day would work for me. And I have to say that would be a much better view then you would have at my place. Im in.

17. sith_itch

sith_itch Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Hey, if you're willing to share your tv, changing the date is a small thing. Sounds good. Jeff, you should bring that cool Star Trek clip.

18. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Ok then. We will make it Saturday night at Johns. He will have to provide us with directions of course.....Pm me!

19. TK750

Oct 22, 2001
    Directions have been sent to paperclipx. Now, who's actually gonna show up? I was thinking about goi... Oh yeah. Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing you all. I am not, however, looking forward to seeing Leonard on the big screen. Bring whatever you want to watch. I'm just offering the place. You all have to come up with the distractions.

TB750
    Swift, Silent, Deadly...

20. sith_itch

sith_itch Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Oh, come on now, Halloween is supposed to be scary. That clip is more horrific than anything at the haunted houses. Are we bringing food or just ordering pizza when we see who actually shows up?

21. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    I'm %90 locked in. My folks might be coming down and they're not too hip on our form of humor. :>

22. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    "I have the power!!!"....er, I mean directions....Lets the leave the food decision up to the host. Hehe.

As for distractions, lets not forget it IS Saturday in Nebraska, and the Husker game IS on TV that night....Same time as the party...convient, I know. Hehe. Just an idea.

23. TK750

Oct 22, 2001
    I see how it is. Let's leave it up to the host. You all seem to forget that I'm a bachelor and have no time for planning. Here's how we'll do this. If you have something that you would like to bring, go ahead and bring it. If not, oh well. If you have a special request, like type of pizza let me know now. If you have a beverage request, let me know now. If you have any other requests, please let me know. My e-mail is ImperialArmory@yahoo.com. I check it daily. In case you haven't picked up on the pattern yet, let me know. See you Saturday.

TB750
    Swift, Silent, Deadly...

24. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Such decisivness!!! I say.....does Hooters deliever? HAhA

25. TK750

Oct 22, 2001
    Okay, I just checked and the Nebraska game is at 12:30PM. Has this changed? What time should I be expecting everyone? Wouldn't it be embarassing to have people showing up and not me not being there. So, I'm open all day. Give me an idea of when you all want to show up.

TB750
    Swift, Silent, Deadly...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.