main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE October Halloween Party/Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    With any luck, I'll be able to make the meeting Saturday. I mean, the kid should be birthday'd out by 7pm and getting ready for bed. Send me the directions too.

As for food, I'm up for pizza. Always up for pizza. "Demanded by de gods, it is."(sorry all you Jar Jar haters) Sam & Louie's pizza is AWESOME! I highly recommend it.

We just picked up Jedi's Path boardgame and the 20th Anniversary Trivial Pursuit. Should I bring either of those along?

2. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Well, I just talked to one half of the parental unit, and it seems the Lundy's are going out as one big (not really..just 3 of us) happy(?) family Sunday night.

SooOOOoooo, it appears that I shall be available to do something Saturday. That is if I regain consciousness after being in the ER for 10 hours Friday night, and of course if somebody (read:Mark) will give me a ride.

But, alas, no costume. And again, I will NOT be coming as Slave Sarah. Thankyou.

3. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Craig,

I have Trivial Pursuit, but not Jedi Path. If you want to bring that, it's fine by me. So, I have one pizza request. How about beverages? I don't drink, so if you want akahol you are going to have to request it now or bring it yourself. You know, we don't have to get pizza from just one place. Let me know. Paperclipx has the directions, but I'll PM them just the same. Thanks. See you all on Saturday.

TB750
    Swift, Silent, Deadly...

4. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    I would expect party-goers to begin arriving around 6'ish give or take of course.

And your right about the game....noonish on Fox Sports. Its the A&M game TBS picked up.

Pizza is fine with me too. So lets make it thus. All party attendee's bring some credits to toss into the pizza pot and get some.

Sarah....First, are you going to be alive this time? HAHA. Secondly, if you need a ride, ok, just be ready at 5:30'ish. K?

I have the Epic Duels game. Shall I bring that along too? PS2? (I can just see Jedi Starfighter in surround sound on a 61" TV) Hehe. Perhaps TCG?

Anyone else need anything PM or post.

Also..you collectors....the Wally World in La Vista has (as of last night) the gunship, the new electronic 12" Obi-Wan and Jango, the new interactive R2 and the interactive Lightsaber....along with plenty of the cantina sets.

5. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Yes, I'll be alive this time Mark....just no telling how conscious I'll be. Hmmm...I think my costume will be a Jedi paramedic! Heh.

I'll be ready 5:30ish. Just give my cell a call when you get to the dorms. (490-7035 incase you lost it.)

6. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    So is this open to newbies as well??

7. TK750

Oct 22, 2001
    Last time I checked it was open to everyone but ex-wives. Also, I recently purchased a PS2, and I have Jedi Starfighter, so if you would like to bring any other games that would be much appreciated. What beverages do y'all drink? Any pop preferences? Anyone still need directions? ForceOfVader, you gonna come as Vader? I would love to see that armor. Anyways, everyone's welcome. Especially newbies. Are they really newbies, anyway? I mean the movies have been around since '77, and most have been fans most if not all of our lives, so are newbies really new? Just a little pointless philosophy for y'all. Anyways, speak now or forever hold your peace. I've got a desert that you'll all love. Let's make some noise and give me some ideas food wise. Thanks.

TB750
    Swift, Silent, Deadly...

8. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    I can bring a shrimp, cream cheese and crackers dish that is to die for to help the food arena.

My armor is still in Tulsa. Although I have something here a lot cooler....I'll bring it to the party

BTW is this non-alcoholic?

9. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Yes, yes we are a "newbie" friendly group, but that doesnt apply to you anymore, newbie I mean. One meeting wipes that out, lol, so you're now officially part of the tribe.

As far as drinkage, I am under the assumption that if you want something a little harder then soda, its BYOB.

As far as PS2 games go....I can bring the first Starfighter and the newest podracing game...

Are we still doing the pizza thing?

10. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Drinkwise, I figured I'd stop & get a garbage can sized fountain soda on the way over. If you're planning on buying anything John, I'm up for Dr. Pepper or A&W. I can fend for myself, so you don't really have to worry about it.

Pizza works for me. Always has, always will. I like the idea of a few different places. Like I said, Sam & Louie's is incredible. It's about the only pizza place I frequent anymore. They don't deliver, but I believe they have a location at 156th & Maple (could be Dodge though. where ever 541 N. 155th Plz is). Just have everybody get what they want on the condition they have to share. So long as the person contributed cash to the overall endevour, I don't have a problem sharing. I can play well with others when I need to.

11. TK-507

TK-507 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    I've been up to my neckseal in work lately, (yesterday I was named Vice President at work!), and I miss the OFF meetings. I would very much like to attend. Could someone please send me an e-mail with the details to: goetzinger@stormtrooper.tk ? I'll also get these details to the area's other stormtroopers who don't post on this forum.

Looking forward to visiting with you all again soon!

Sincerely,

Kurt (TK-507)
    www.stormtrooper.tk

P.S. Please let me know if we want the November meeting at the Safety Council and I'll schedule it.

DVD + LCD = Mini-IMAX

P.P.S. Who's going out to a few bar/costume constests on Halloween night in SW costume? I am with Gary Furg. Please join us!

12. TK750

Oct 22, 2001
    I have no problem with akahol. What type of pizza do you all want. My personal fav is pepperoni and black olive. I went shopping last night and got A&W, Lemonade, Dr. Pepper, Sprite and a ton of chips so I think that's covered. I'm going to try to get the pizza before everyone shows up so that there's it's available when you get to my place. Let me know. Thanks.

TB750
    Swift, Silent, Deadly...

13. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    I'm a peperonni, canadian bacon/ham fan. But I can always pick the olives off. ;)

14. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    I'm with Corran...Not an Olive person either

15. sith_itch

sith_itch Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Pizza is almost the perfect food. All food groups except chocolate. Pepperoni / black olive pizza is the best, but I'll eat any kind---no anchovies. Kurt, I will be there, so you can finally get my tshirt off your hands- :D. Mark, do you have games that don't involve flying, or in my case crashing??

16. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    I'd like to attend, if someone can provide me with a ride. Mesa no have a car no more. :(

17. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    Or maybe you could send directions my way, in case I can sucker ...... uh persuade someone else to give me a ride. Maybe I can attend as Slave vracer!! :D :D :D

18. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    Sorry guys I can't attend tonight. I am finishing filming on a short film. We are entering it in the channel 3 film festival, and it is due soon. I shall be there next time!

boB

19. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Any pizza...minus fishes, is good pizza. So whatever we get is fine. Alas, I forgot the games this morning, and have no intention of running back home for them...from here at work I plan to head to the Faire for a a few hours then straight to the shin-dig.....If directions are still needed, post here and I will send them before I leave....Tata!!

20. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
  21. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    Need directions

22. TK750

Oct 22, 2001
    Paperclipx, Do you have this taken care of? Or should I send them?

TB750
    Swift, Silent, Deadly...

23. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    I haven't gotten anything yet...

24. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    I'll be at the party tonight, but not in costume. Thanks to the kid, it had to go in the wash. She spilled Kool Aid on the tabbards & sash. I guess my costume can be Star Wars geek.

I'll bring the SW Life game. John- you said you have the 20th Anniversary Edition of Trivial Pursuit, right? Or was did you mean the SW Trivial Pursuit? I'll bring along my copy of Sleepyhollow. Good Halloween-ish film with plenty of SW connections- Ray Park, Christopher Lee & Ian McDiramid.

How are we doing the pizza thing? Waiting till everyone arrives and then ordering? Is everyone just going to get their preferred kind and then make it a communal pizza buffett? Doesn't matter to me as long as there's pizza.

25. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    Still waiting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.