main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI October Halloween Party

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Forcebewitya, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    still good for me, I'm not really doing much these days that would make me miss.

And the Packers play the Vikings in what should be a poor game to watch anyway

2. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    The status as of now is that I am trying to figure out how to get off work...I'm really hoping I can get someone to work I really want this party to happen so I'm trying everything in my power to get off. I'll keep everyone posted.

Forcebewitya.

3. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Hmm, I'll have to think about this. I had everything all setup for Saturday.

My guess is it will be alright, as long as we bring Megan with us. Originally, I had planned for my mother to watch her, but that was Saturday. What that also mean is that we might not be able to stay as long as we might like.

Other than all of that, I think it won't be a problem. Worse case is that I could make the meeting but not the party.

4. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah at this point worse case for me is that I would definitly miss the meeting and the party wouldnt be till 7. I'm having trouble finding someone to work for me on Sunday now. I'm really sorry about the inconvenience.

Forcebewitya.

5. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Well, at least we could have a meeting. I hope.

I'll wait until Thursday to see if you still need me for decorations (if there is to be a party).

6. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    all right, I think what I am going to do is go in tomorrow and just basically tell them the situation and ask if I can just not work from 2-7 on Saturday that will just solve everything *hopes they say yes* I mean I dont really see why they need anyone to work that shift in the first place the whole fricken team is scheduled that day I'm sure they'll be fine without me. Whatever I just hope it all works but if there is a party it will be on Sunday.

Forcebewitya.

7. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, now I'm confused.

OK, HUGE problem... that weekend actually wont work I thought the convention that I was going to was the 29th but its actually the day of the party...so my thinking is this. Would that sunday work instead? the Sunday after the saturday Sunday the 23rd?

Sorry about the inconvenience I dont know what I was thinking. Give me back feedback my apologies again.

Forcebewitya.

The status as of now is that I am trying to figure out how to get off work...I'm really hoping I can get someone to work I really want this party to happen so I'm trying everything in my power to get off. I'll keep everyone posted.

Forcebewitya.

all right, I think what I am going to do is go in tomorrow and just basically tell them the situation and ask if I can just not work from 2-7 on Saturday that will just solve everything *hopes they say yes* I mean I dont really see why they need anyone to work that shift in the first place the whole fricken team is scheduled that day I'm sure they'll be fine without me. Whatever I just hope it all works but if there is a party it will be on Sunday.

Forcebewitya.

You mention a convention on Saturday, then you say you have to work Saturday, and Sunday there will be a party (if we have a party).

Yep, Confused. Or maybe I just read these wrong???

8. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    No its ok, it is very confusing. See what happend is I had to find someone to work for me on Saturday since I will be at the convention. And I really cant miss that since I've paid and everything. So the only person that I could find to work for me said that she could do it only if I could work for her on Sunday. So then I agreed to that knowing I had to be off Saturday and so now I've been trying to find someone to work the Sunday shift that I had to take in order to get Saturday off. Yes very confusing.

And at this point it looks like I will have to work on Sunday till 6. So I wouldnt be opposed to the idea of having the party Sunday night at say 7, its just it wouldnt last very long because I know people would have to get up the next day for work and school. At this point that looks like the best option. I would do it next weekend since thats no longer a problem for me but I know some people said they had commitments that weekend. Let me know what you think.

Forcebewitya.

9. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, that seems much clearer now. Thanks. [face_laugh]

Now... How about this idea?

We move our meeting and party to Sunday, Oct. 30th (same time - 1PM @ Borders).

I am busy with family on the 29th, so I can't be there for that day. However, I am free Sunday.

It just seems too tight to try to make it work this weekend.

What does everyone else think?

10. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    The 30th at 1 at Borders sounds good to me.

11. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    That would be perfect! I am all for that since this weekend would be REALLY tight and I have to work till 6 on sunday anyway.

Forcebewitya.

12. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Enjoy. I'm in Milwaukee dog-sitting that weekend.

13. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    You are always busy with something aren't you

I'm good that day as well

14. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Yeah, that happens when one is in such high demand, like me. ;)

15. resnictem

Jan 3, 1999
    FYI, October 30th is also when Daylight Savings Time ends and we all gain an hour of sleep. So, don't show up an hour early at Borders, unless you want to wander around and look at the stacks.

Or you could slip over to Toys R Us and look at action figures.

16. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I'll still bring chips and dips, if still needed. Anyone else bringing anything?

17. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Ok so its tomorrow whats happening? I know Rick is bringing chips but thats about it. I'm not sure I'll go to the meeting and if I do it will be the tail end of it since I have to prepare my house. Call me with any questions. 695-0710

18. resnictem

Jan 3, 1999
    It was great getting together at Borders this past Sunday. I thought we had a pretty good chat. Looking forward to hooking up at Filmcon for lunch or something.

19. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah that should be a lot of fun. I usually run into Rick at Filmcon periodically so I'm sure we'll all see each other a lot. Lunch will be a good way to just chat while we wait for the rest of the con to ensue. I also had a good time at the meeting, the party was pretty fun as well. I'm glad everyone liked Batman and it was nice to see some other people in costume.

Talk to you all later.

Forcebewitya.

20. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Yes, my costume could have been better, if I had taken more time to plan it out. I really did throw the make-up portion together rather hurriedly. I've done better.

I did like the movie. It's by far the best Batman film made. If they do more, I hope they stick with how this one was done.

And most importantly.... THANKS BRENT!!!! AND BRENT'S MOM!!! I always enjoy myself there. Megan does too, even though a certain someone scared her out of her wits. ;) Just kidding. She got over the scare pretty quick. It seemed like it was all over too soon, but there may be other times.

I was thinking... I know, scarey thought... I haven't looked over the panel program for FilmCon yet. Lunch for me depends on what is going on at the time. There have been times when I have skipped lunch to attend a panel or something. I'll have to look the program over to see when is best for me. I do know that Sunday is a good day to meet after the con. Then we can discuss the con and etc. Saturday will be a full day and I'm sure we can get together. Of course, all of this should probably be discussed in the FilmCon thread, huh? [face_laugh]

21. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    eh its ok, yeah Saturday usually is pretty packed. However there is often a set time to take a lunch break, but usually in the past I've found myself in the dealers room instead of eating.

I'm sorry about scaring Megan, she did get over it pretty fast but I felt bad because since I had my glasses on I couldnt even take the mask off to show her it was me :( it was pretty much stuck on my face lol. Oh well it was all a lot of fun.

And as for Batman I am pretty sure it's going to be directed by the same director, Christian Bale will be Batman and I know the guy who plays joker but I dont know his name. He was the naked guy in Knights Tale lol...my friends find it odd that thats how I know him. In any case thats the scoop as of now.

See you all at Filmcon!

Forcebewitya.

22. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I had a great time, was kind of shocked at how early it was when it was over I thought for sure it was past 8. Batman was a great movie and I can't wait until the next one, though Superman Return's in the film I am waiting for now. I would love to do it again sometime

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.