main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

October Meet 10/30: Halloween Party!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Wildstar02301, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Just wondering if Rosie had anything in mind for this month. We really haven't had a formal meet since July so we're basically overdue for one.

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    A meet would be cool. I am not sure how feasible it is though with the month being half ways gone. Maybe a Halloween party or something like that would be cool. Give people the chance to show off their customes and stuff. I don't have one but it is cool seeing what others come up with. I would probably just dress in all black and a smuggler. O wait I always dress in black. lol I thought it was cool seeing all of them @ C3. I did see my fair share of bad ones though like Batgirl not being so girly the people that were there and saw her would know who/what I am talking about lol and a few Jar Jars. lol I give them credit for trying that is for sure.

Anyway, I am interested in doing something this month or we can wait til next month for Megafest.

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Yes, I do have something in mind though I don't know how many will be able to come since people seem to be VERY busy this month. That's ok though - we'll be having a big convention meet next month.

A Halloween party is exactly what I had in mind. Sunday, October 23rd. As for location, I am willing to host it at my dorm if no one else can host it. I'm assuming attendance will be small so the size of the lounge on my floor should be sufficient. We have a full kitchen and a grocery store right behind my building, so there will be plenty of food and drink. I have Epic Duels AND the new Star Wars DVD Trivial Pursuit. We could also move my TV or use my laptop to watch DVDs.

The time would be 1pm. I'll post more details later today when I'm more awake. This is a dual meet with Rhode Squadron, by the way. The more the merrier!

4. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Richie, could you please edit the thread title to read "October Meet 10/23: Halloween Party!"...thanks. :)

5. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Rosie, I don't know how feasible it is for everyone to get out to Hopkinton, but I'd be more than willing to host the party.

The only thing is I'm still in the final stages of finishing off both my costume and the new family room in the basement, so I don't know if everything would be done by the 23rd. Would the following week (10/30) be a possibility?

6. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    The problem with the following week is that there are people going to Chiller Con. Would you be able to make it if it were at my dorm? I think it would work fine to have it at your place too, but only if it doesn't interfere with your projects.

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Ahh, forgot about the Chiller Con. I should still be able to make it out to your dorm for the party, that shouldn't be the problem. I was just offering my place up as an option. I'll leave it up to you and the others as to where you want to have it.

Getting the place ready shoudln't be too much of an effort. It's about 90% done. Just need to hang the posters & artwork, buy a couple of lamps and clean up a bit. You know, the details.

There's a chance my desired costume won't be finished by then, but I've got another half-dozen costumes I can break out of mothballs. :D

8. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Mike

Getting out to Hopkinton will be a problem for me, as I don't drive I don't know if there is T commuter rail service out there.

9. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I might be able to make it to your dorm Rose, but is has been ages since I have stepped foot in one of those places. lol I think the last time I was in one was when I was going to BGSU and lived in one for a semester before I realized that it was too expensive for me to live there and then my room mate at the time decided to stick his nose into my business so I left and moved in with a bunch of buds from home. So this might bring back some crazy memories and I may be scarred for life. lol j/k

I know that there are a few train spots in the area for those that don't drive. I am sure that if we have it in Hopkinton or some other location that one of use who could drive would do a pickup. I live about a mile or so from the one in Worcester if that is an option for anyone let me know. That is if we have it away from Roseana's dorm.

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    There is T service out to the Hopkinton area. I live about 10 minutes away from the Ashland stop which I believe comes out of South Station. I use it a couple of times a year to go into Sox games. If we were to have it out here, It would be no problem for me to make pick-ups and drop-offs as needed.

Like I said before though, I don't want people to feel forced into coming out here. I just wanted to offer it as an option. If the majority would rather have it at Rosie's place, that's cool by me.

11. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am up for pretty much anywhere. I will be working the overnight on Sat the 22nd 6:00pm to 7:00am. So who knows how long I will be up for. lol I might take a quick nap before coming to the party.

I totally forgot something I will be at the MOS for the SW exhibit that day. I think my admission is at noon or shortly afterwards. Members get a sneak peek at the exhibit the Sunday before it opens. I could possibly head to where ever after that though. My wife will tag along then. she isn't a SW geek but she is cool to hang with. lol

12. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I'd be open to having it @ DW's on the 30th now. My friend Ed has also expressed interest in coming. :D

13. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    I will be at the MOS on the 23rd in ORANGE look for me ...

btw .. pics are allowed for this exhibit as far as I know ... unlike the LOTR one we went to ....

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Since the 30th was mentioned I would be willing to do that. I am not going to the con down in NJ. Even though I would like to work prohibits me from doing that. So if it gets changed to the 29th/30th I am fine with that. Either date is fine with me then again so is the 23rd I will just be at the MOS until probably 2 or 3.

15. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Is the Halloween Party still on for this month? I know we had it set for this weekend and then next weekend was thrown out there. I just wanted to make sure about what was going on. At the present time I have a darn cold and who knows if I can get rid of it by this weekend. I am working the overnight on Sat and I will also be going to the MOS on Sunday and not sure when I will get out of there. So I may not be able to attend the Party if it is this weekend.

16. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Ugh, sorry guys - didn't mean to disappear from the planning here. I had a very busy weekend.

Please post your preference between the 23rd and 30th. I'm not opposed to changing the date if there are more people that will be able to come on the 30th. And I'm not opposed to changing the location either, but let's figure out the date first. Please post your preferences by the end of the day on Thursday. On Friday morning I'll post the date and start discussion on further details.

Again, sorry! I don't know where time goes anymore.

17. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Now that I look at it the 30th would be best for me. I am working 6pm to 7am on Oct 22 and then going to the MOS for the member preview at noon on Sunday. I am also not sure if I will be over this blasted cold I have as well and I don't want to get anyone sick.

I am open to any location so what ever is picked is fine with me.

18. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I'd like the 30th, too...more time to prepare. :D

19. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Well to be fair, since the three people other than me that have taken the time to post in this thread prefer the 30th, we'll just go ahead and change the date to that then. Richie, please edit the title of the thread accordingly. :)

DW, is the offer still good to have this at your place on that day? Things might be a little too crazy at my dorm due to other Halloween celebrations.

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Absolutely. Next Sunday the 30th is fine. Do we all want to keep the 1:00 start time?

For those of you who need directions (and I'm guessing it will be everyone), just send me a PM telling me how you plan to travel and I'll forward along the appropriate directions along with my phone number.

21. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Glad to see the date changed. If it was this weekend I couldn't attend I got one of the nasty bugs that is floating around last night and it wasn't pretty. I still feel horrible, which is unusual for me because I generally bounce right back from things. I must be getting older and my wookie healing powers are fading. lol

I do have some questions. What do we need to bring? Is the a custom party? I know that may sound silly because it is a Halloween party but I don't have a cusom. I haven't been out on Halloween since I was a kid. I probably could come as a dark night dressed in all black, which wouldn't be hard because all my cloths are black. lol

22. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Costumes (if you have them) are a must! :D Also, if anyone wants to bring a particular food or snack, please do so. I'll be providing some basics like Lasagne (1 meat, 1 veggie), salad, soda and maybe some munchies. Just let me know what (if anything) you intend to bring. If you want to post your items here, that's cool too.

I was about to type that I'll have the ROTS DVD playing, but unless I stumble across an early copy, that won't be happening ;). I do have the other 5 movies along with some Halloween staples like "Nightmare Before Christmas" and "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" that can be popped in as well. The wife and I are not all that into board games, so if anyone wants to bring some along, you're more than welcomed to.

Again, drop me a line if you want/need directions.

23. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Looks like I'll be riding a new commuter rail line! Oh the excitement. Looks like I'll be taking the 12:40pm train out of South Station, which puts me at Ashland at about 1:30pm. Someone double check that for me and make sure I read the schedule right:

http://www.mbta.com/traveling_t/pdf/commuterrail/Worcesterweekend.pdf

I'll have to change into my costume after I get there because I'd like to avoid attracting attention during my journey to DW's house. We've all seen what happens to me when I don't try to attract attention (pimps following me into stores to recruit me being the loveliest example). :p I think I'll bring my Barriss Offee costume. Asajj is fun but much less comfortable.

I'll be bringing a couple bags of Star Wars Halloween candy and a side dish of some sort. :)

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Cool, So I'll meet you at the Ashland station around 1:30. In case I don't see you first, I'll be there with my Green Kia Sportage.

Is anyone else who's coming planning on taking the train out? IF so, let me know along with what time you're scheduled to arrive in Ashland.

BTW. Has this party been opened up to the the other area FF's? I know this was going to be Boston's meet for October but having members of the FF's there might add to the good times, no?

Also, anyone who wants to bring along family members is more than welcomed to do so. There's plenty of room and my son has more than enough toys to share :)

25. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am for opening opening this lil shing-ding to other FFs. Is there a count to who is all coming yet? I was going to have the wife make some wings, but if there is going to be a few people there I don't want her to make a big batch like she did for Chris's cookout in Sept.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.