October Meet and Eat

Discussion in 'Louisville, KY' started by jedimika, Oct 2, 2012.

1. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    It was pointed out at the book club last night that we haven't had an official Meet and Eat for a while now. Looking at mine and Mrs jedimika's schedule how does Tuesday Oct 16 or Wed Oct 24 look? I could also do Fri Oct 19 but the wife is working.
    Anyone have any ideas for a meeting/eating place?

Thoughts? Feedback?
  2. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    fridays work better for me. monday to thurs i am in school, up in new albany, and she gets off work between 8 and 10, depending on the work load.
  3. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Any day is good for us. And we haven't been to Paradise Cafe in a while, or to Marks Feed Store in a while. [face_batting]
  4. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Okay, let's say Friday Oct 19th then. I'm not hopeful about finding any parking on a Bardstown Rd on a Friday night for Mark's Feed Store. Is there another location with good parking? Or another BBQ joint? I'm always good with Lynn's.
  5. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    there is mark's on dixie. Ole Hickory Pit on Shepardsville Rd is good. so is bootleg on Preston. I recommand Bootleg
  6. BulbousFreak Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Bootleg and Lynn's are the best mentioned options so far, because:

Mark's - definitely crowded and most locations have bad parking - and most importantly, we should go there on a Monday because it's free dessert night

Ole Hickory Pit - very good food but it closes extremely early, especially during winter months
  7. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Good input. Bootleg on Preston sounds good to me. Never eaten there before.

Our usual Meet time of 7PM work for everyone?
    Last edited by jedimika, Oct 10, 2012
  8. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Bootleg on Preston at 7pm on Friday Oct. 19 sounds good to us.
  9. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    sounds great, but may need a ride. she has the car on fridays. i won't be able to stand for long if I take the car
  10. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Gotcha Vox. We'll pick you up at 6:00pm.
  11. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    cool beans.
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, BBQ. drooling already
  12. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    head count
    Bulbous +11-11
    Zannah+Bane
    Vox
    Me

so six? maybe get a table for 8 just in case. It's a small enough group I won't call ahead, I'll just try to be a little early to get our name in.
  13. mindtwister_138 Force Ghost

star 3
    I won't be able to make this one. Not enough creds. Have some BBQ for me though and have a great time guys :)
  14. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    did anyone bother to tell Noc and Estreya? I know they may still be on honeymoon.
  15. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh snap, today is the 19th! Frac.
    Okay, put me down as a "maybe not" but someone PM me with directions or an address to this place in case I can make it.
    --Jammies
  16. Commander APPO Jedi Master

star 1
    OK all I finally got a chance to come over to this side of the boards and say hello and

BTW
    here ya go Jammies;
    Bootleg BBQ
    7508 Preston HWY
    Lou,KY.40219
  17. DarKyram Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    The Skull King and Minion 2 will be there! ...Unless I get called out to work.
  18. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Cool! Table for 10 then.
  19. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    zannah just called me, they are unable to make it, she is sick. so, they will not be there, and since they were my ride, i will not be there either. sorry guys. enjoy the food!!
  20. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    I had some personal stuff come up too. Boo.
    I bet I could have put the hurt on some BBQ.
  21. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Well, more emotionally sick than physical.. although emotional sure feels physical. I hate letting on that I may be emotionally under the weather, so it comes out that I'm "sick" and physically under the weather. We had some family issues come up yesterday. Dysfunction junction stuff. It had me in a horrid way... not worthy of the Alliance folks.

I so apologize to everyone... At least it is all settled now. [face_relieved]
  22. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Glad everyone is good, that's the most important thing. Me and Dar and his friend Josh? had a good time. Food is so so but very fast. No frills dining that's for sure. Place your order at the window and 2 minutes later you pick it up at the next window. I had the pulled pork which was good but they only have one sauce and no extra at the table. It was pretty empty at 7PM but they did a good take out business. Dine ins started coming in about 8PM.
  23. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    that's why I love that place. no frills. get your food, sit down, eat it. love it
  24. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Thanks for understanding everyone. I really "hate" missing a night with my peeps over these kinds of things. I sure hope to see everyone soon. ;)
  25. BulbousFreak Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Sorry that 11-11 and I couldn't make it either :(