main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

October Meet Thread : Hanging with the Witches 10/16

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by -Raldayen-, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    What: Hanging with the Witches
    Date: Saturday, October 16th
    Time: Around Noon
    Place: Salem, MA

Directions: Most of us will be taking the train into Salem. I looked up the times for the three lines most will use and it looks like some of us will have a little wait between trains. Here are the train schedules for Franklin/ Forge Park, South Attleboro, and Salem. If I've missed one you need let me know and I'll post it. Looks like you'll have to cut and paste them. I can't get them to link.

www.mbta.com/traveling_t/schedules_commuterrail_sched.asp?sched_day=Saturday&line=franklin&sched_type=Inbound&x=57&y=15
    www.mbta.com/traveling_t/schedules_commuterrail_sched.asp?sched_day=Saturday&line=attleboro&sched_type=Inbound&x=58&y=10
    www.mbta.com/traveling_t/schedules_commuterrail_sched.asp?sched_day=Saturday&line=newburyport&sched_type=Outbound&x=88&y=8

Franklin/ Forge Park and South Attleboro will bring you to South Station. To get to North Station you take the Red line from South Station towards Alewife to the Orange line. Ride the Orange line toward Oak Grove to North Station.

What to do there: Well I've never been to Salem before so I couldn't tell you but here's a website that could.
    Salem Haunting Happenings

Sorry for the delay Roseanna.

2. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    Wow, that's confusing. I think I would like to come... but I might get lost on all those trains! Heh. Good thing I got a cell phone, now. Ha.

Anyway, yeah. Hopefully I'll see you guys at this meet. Whoo my second one!

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Don't worry, the trains really aren't that confusing. I'm more than happy to meet people at South Station before heading to North Station if needed. To keep track of where everyone's going to be though, could you all please post how you plan on getting to Salem? If you're meeting us in Salem, or whether you're taking a train or two. If you're taking the commuter rail, post which line you'll be on so we can figure out the appropriate train times and such. :)

4. -Raldayen-

Sep 27, 2003
    Well I'll be getting in North Station around 9:45 and hanging out until the train arrives at 11:30.

5. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    I'd be coming into South Station on the commuter rail from South Attleboro. Which means I would be leaving at 8:45 AM (urgh) if I want to be there by noonish. Arriving in South Station at 9:43. Why 43, I don't know. Otherwise, I'd have to take the 11:30 and wouldn't get there until 12:30. Meaning that the train is two minutes slower. Randomly. But I digress.

Are we going to King Richards the next day? If we are I need to get back to my car before then because I think I'm responsible for transportation? I don't know. I got to sort all that. I'm going to be like a MA-RI yo-yo! :D

Edited because I'm a moron. [face_blush]

6. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
  7. -Raldayen-

Sep 27, 2003
  8. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Sometimes when links are really long they don't work, as is the case with the train schedule links.

Lisa, I'll make sure you get back to South Attleboro that night, since yes, we are going to KRF the very next day. :) It shouldn't be a problem. And I'll meet you in South Station when you get there. Maybe we (meaning anyone waiting) can go out for a late breakfast?

Richie, sorry you can't come - we'll fill everyone in on meet happenings afterward. :)

9. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    I'm game for that. Breakfast is always good in my book! I will need something to keep me awake because, in case you didn't guess, I'm not a morning person. [face_tired]

10. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    If you want the real definition of someone who is not a morning person, you should see me when I "attempt" to get up for my eight a.m. classes. Wow!

11. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    I'm probably gonna be a no-show. :(

12. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    So, assuming all goes as planned ya'll be arriving in Salem around noonish? Just want to make sure I'm there to meet you guys.

13. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Sorry you can't go Rob. :(

And yes Dex, noonish it is. :)

14. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Unfortunately I won't be able to make this meet either :( Too bad to because I love Salem. It's a great little town. Make sure you visit the comic book store up on Essex street (if it's still there). From what I remember, they have a small but neat selection of SW collectables.

I'll definitely be there for the November meet.

15. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    I'll be taking the South Attleboro train as well. So I'll probably see you there Lisa =) Breakfast sounds good. Perhaps meet up with Jim and we can all head somewhere.

16. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Cool, Jeff, I will meet you at the station! ;)

17. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Cool I get to meet some new peeps. :)

That comic store would be Harrison's and yep it's still there. I took the gang there when they came up last year and I'm sure Roseanna will want to go back even if her wallet doesn't ;)

18. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm sure Roseanna will want to go back even if her wallet doesn't ;)

Hehehe, Harrison's got so much money out of me at the toy & comic show in February, but of course I'll want to go back. :) Very cool store.

So Lisa and Jeff, you'll both be taking the 1804 (8:45am) train out of South Attleboro and getting into South Station at 9:43am? Jim, what train are you taking? And where would you guys like to meet up for breakfast? The three of us (or more, if anyone else is coming) could head to North Station to meet up with Jim (since that's where we'll need to be eventually anyway), or he could meet us over by South Station...whichever.

Like Jim said, we'll be taking the 11:30am train out of North Station to arrive in Salem at noon. If you plan on coming please post when and where you plan on meeting up with us...there's the aforementioned early morning crowd, meeting around 11am at North Station to buy tickets and wait for the train, or meeting around 12pm at the commuter rail station in Salem. Here's who I have so far:

Roseanna
    Jim
    Lisa
    Jeff
    Dex

And confirmed absences:
    Mike
    Justin
    Rob
    Richie

By the way, I'm going to be doing a bit of videotaping for a project for my Spanish class while I'm there. It won't take that long but basically I'll need to show off some historic Salem stuff in Spanish and interview someone who knows about the town (Dex... :)). No one's allowed to make fun of my horrid Spanish accent either. Just warning you all ahead of time. :)

Lisa and Jeff, the two latest trains out of South Station depart at 8:45pm and 11:10pm. Unfortunately the trains arriving at North Station are a bit too close to those departure times so you'll have a bit of a wait. There are trains leaving Salem at 6:32pm, 8:08pm, and 9:32pm. If we all hop on the 8:08pm train we could go out for dinner before you guys have to leave, if the 11:10pm train isn't too late for you. What do you think?

And Dex, can you think about a place for us to grab lunch while we're there? As in, not where we ate last time? I think I have every reason to protest going there again. :p We'll probably want to eat in the later afternoon (2pm?) since some of us will be eating a later breakfast.

19. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    I think eating around north station will be best, so we are already around there and we don't have to rush as much with breakfast.

The 11.10 train sounds good to me. Whatever eliminates the mad dash to the train, I'm all for.

20. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    I thought the mad dash for the train was fun!! ;) Yeah, I need more excitement in my life, I know. But yeah, that sounds fine to me.

We need to figure out transportation for King Richards the next day... I posted on the RI board about that already though.

21. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I am going to try and make it but I am working midnight to 4 p.m. on Friday and then I go back in 8 hours to work midnight to 8 a.m. on Saturday.

I just the same shifts this week and I slept most of yesterday needless to say.

22. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    There's plenty of places to eat there, the thing is finding one that can cater to you :) I won't have a chance to check anything out before Sat cuz I'm working the rest of this week. But we can scope it out.

Attending peeps: check the forecast, dress appropriately and wear comfy walkin shoes. Peruse that Salem link and see if there's anything that you'd like to do. I will not be going in the Pirate museum, if you wanna go, it's your choice :p

23. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I don't think we'll be going into the Pirate Museum again. ;) And as long as you are familiar with lots of places to eat, I'm sure we'll find one that's veggie-friendly. :)

So it's just going to be the 5 of us then? It's funny, I had a dream last night that Jeff, Lisa, and I were staying at a house Friday night that belonged to Lisa's family (don't ask me, some random fictional dream thing) and we were all running so late on Saturday morning that we totally missed the train. We were worried that Jim wasn't going to know where we were but he somehow figured it out and met us at the house, and then we were frantically trying to get ready in time to catch the next train. And poor Dex was probably wondering where we were when that first train arrived. :(

Yes, I know, I'm weird. :p

24. -Raldayen-

Sep 27, 2003
    Wow. That's whats you get for eatting sweets before bed Roseanna.

25. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    You say wow to that dream, wait until I tell you about the one with Han Solo and a wookiee (not Chewie) and vampire bats and vampires and Hellboy and Jackie Chan and caves and archeological treasures and stuff. Yes, all in one dream. I've been having lots of strange dreams lately but I think it's just because I'm crazy. :p

So I guess we'll meet you at North Station then...we'll probably get there around 10am or shortly thereafter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.