main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass October meet

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by McLOVIN, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    What do we want to do and what weekend works out best for everyone.

We could go to a haunted house or hayride or something for the Halloween season maybe.

Lets here some ideas.

The only weekend right now I can't do is the first weekend of October.

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Right now I am out for the 1st weekend as well. We will be up in NH celebrating our anniversary that weekend.

I am up for any kind of activity. A haunted hay ride sounds fun I haven't been on one of those in yrs. Or we could do a Halloween party at someone's house.

Let's shoot for the 3rd week of the month (20-21) if we do a Halloween thing then that would have to be the last weekend or pretty much whenever I guess.

3. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Honestly, I don't do haunted rides or houses too well (almost punched someone out for grabbing me a few years back).

A Halloween party sounds good and, if the majority is for a ride/house then I might try to come along as well.

October 28th doesn't work for me nor do Saturdays in October or November (Kayleigh got the part of Angel in the Nutcracker and rehearsals are Saturdays beginning October 13th).

I do want to get together though!

4. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    [face_laugh]

A halloween party would be fun. I sosmeone out there willing to host?

5. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I know I would love to host a gathering but after having the wookie cub come into my life we just don't have the room to have people over. Maybe for Xmas we could since we are looking for a place to call our own, but who knows if that will be possible since the houses that are in our price range aren't the greatest right now. Granted the market is coming down and I am learning patience something that is not usually needed for a smuggler we tend to act on reflex on instincts.

Anyway, I do believe I am available any given Sunday except for the 1st weekend. So let's get a date down and go with it.

BTW congrats goes to WOV's daughter on getting the part in the play that rocks good job.

6. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Thanks for the Congrat's Jorge.... this is her 3rd year performing with the Boston Dance Company in the production of the Nutcracker. She's pysched to have gotten the part she wanted this year (as she has every year)!

Anyway....

.... I can offer up my place for the October meet/Halloween Party if there's no other offers but, as I mentioned, I can't do Saturdays.

If Jorge is out for the 1st weekend of the month (10/6 & 7) and I'm out for the 28th, we are looking at the weekend of the 14th or the 21st.

We really should meet before SMF in November.

7. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I don't know if I'm making it to this meet. Give your daughter congrats for me, Wifey. :D

8. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I have a suggestion for the Oct meet. How about we do the Boston Comic Con on Sunday Oct 21st? This event is being held at the Backbay event center in Boston. Granted there will be no SW guests per say present but it looks like the artist for the Galactic Heroes line from Hasbro will be in attendance. This could be a good way to get the folks from the outter ream together with the inner ream. There will be vendor's present for this con and I know a few of them carry SW items.

Here is a link to the con's website.

http://bostoncomiccon.com/

If anyone is interested feel free to post your interest if not we will go another route.

9. mattdamick_is_back

mattdamick_is_back Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2007
    Hey does not actually work for Hasbro. He is a freelance artist. He is the guy i am trying to get to come to SMF with us this year. I have been to the show out there in Boston it is ok kinda small but i had some pretty good finds last time i was there.

10. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    How about the 20th or 21st for the October meet?

Does that work for everyone?

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm out for the 21st. Big family party.

12. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    21st works for me but, I won't have too much money floating around...

13. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    How about the 20th then?

14. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Sorry, I am out for the 20th.

15. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    Well what is going ti work for everyone?

Right now I have to go away for the next two weekends.

So the only days I can go are the last two weekends in October.

16. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    this weekend is the only weekend I have something booked. I may be heading to the Boston Comic Con on Sunday the 21st. I kinda want to see what that is all about.

17. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    Maybe I will try and go to this con with you.

Couldn't hurt to bring some flyers for MIS at SuperMegFest there to distribute. [face_thinking]

18. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    *Sticks his head up from his work for a moment...*

Oh, hello! We probably won't make it this month. We're going to be in Nags Head on the weekend of the 21st. Not sure when we're going to get back, but we'll probably be pretty tired.

Sorry we haven't participated much recently. I've just come back from almost two weeks in St Louis for a certification and I've had my head in the books until then. Hopefully next month will be more "sane."

19. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    No problem Drew understandable.

Good luck with everything.

Hope to see you out at Super Mega Fest in November.

20. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am going to suggest the Boston Comic Con for out meet this month. I plan on going and have been given permission by the wife to go. lol I also know Matt has talked about going and so has Chris. I am willing to drive some Outter Rim people (I think my Escape can hold 5 people including me) since I have Fast Lane which will take care of the tolls. Admission to the con is $8. It looks like parking will be $7 if we have it validated for 100 Clarendon St. Looks to be pretty inexpensive if we car pool it. It starts at 10 am and goes til 5 pm. It is on a Sunday which seems to be our common meet day. Since it is on the 21st I know we will be without DW, but we can always gather items for SMF and I can meet Mike and do the exchange. I need to meet up with him anyways soon. ;)

So if people are in feel free to post. If you are out post as well so we can get an idea of what is what. This would be a good thing for the Boston folks since it will be in their back yard sort of speak.

21. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I say go for it Jorge. Wish I could join you. It is on Sunday the 21st, right?

Make sure you guys take some pics. We could uyse them for promotion on the web site and at our table at SMF.

22. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am not going to be able to go to the Comic con in Boston next weekend. I have to work Sat and my wife has to work Sunday so I am watching Spencer. If people want to come over for a lil get together that would work. I live in Shrewsbury right off of Route 9. This would be Sunday the 21st. Pls respond by Wednesday Oct 17th. I will need to get the house ready. lol

If you are interested PM me for directions.

23. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    Anyone still planning on heading to this con?

Jorge are you still planning on having a get together at your place?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.