New Hamp October Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediscar, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediscar Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2007
    star 3
    Here are today's meeting minutes:

    October 17, 2008 -- Steve's House
    In Attendance: James (Darth Cobern), Amanda (Sy Snootles), Steve (Jediscar)

    Summary of Clone Wars Dinner Event:

    --- $1000 was forwarded to Make-A-Wish of NH in the last month along with a personal, hand-written note. It was decided that Steve will write a brief article and submit it with photos to Bantha Tracks, the Star Wars fan club.

    --- Brandon still owes the group $40 for his tickets to the event.

    --- TK should prepare to forward the group paypal funds from ticket sales to the event to Steve so that it can be deposited in to the group bank account. Consolidating funds in one account will help to earn more interest and to make accounting easier fro Steve, the group treasurer

    Other Group Finance Issues:

    --- Including the Paypal funds, we have $985.58 in our account. It was voted unanimously by the attending members that these funds should be in one account and that access to funds would be at the approval of a group vote at designated meetings or online voting polls. Individuals who incurr approved expenses will be reimbursed upon the treasurer receiving a receipt, or will receive payment in advance from the treasurer if exact amount is known and approved by vote.

    --- It was voted unanimously by attending members that a paid table at Super MegaFest would not be in the group's best interest. The opinion of attending members was that SMF is held outside of our groups home area and the funds would be better spent promoting our group at more local event, such as those in Concord, Manchester, Rochester, Portsmouth, and other nearby events. The most effective way to promote our group at Supermegafest might be to offer fliers at Jetpacks table or to pass out printed fliers while in costume.

    ---- It was voted unamimously by attending members to approve the use of $25 of group funds for set-up costs for a website hosted by Jetpacks. It was also voted to approve the expense of a $25 annual maintenance fee for the website.

    T-Shirts:

    ---- It was suggested that we explore making t-shirts for current members using iron-ons printed at home. Steve offered to price the iron-on sheets, and James and Amanda offered the use of their printer. Should we decide to print numerous shirts, the idea was proposed to purchase an inkn cartridge for their printer. Once prices are obtained, we will present a vote to the club.

    --- T-shirts for possible sale at future events would likely be silscreened by a professional shirt company.

    Other business:

    --- Welcome to pending member, Tuesday. She promises to set up a user name in the coming week.

    --- Ideas for future events were brainstormed by attending members: Star Wars Costume party for adults (non-holiday related), Star Wars day at the NH children's museum in Dover, event dates for local NH comic/sci-fi shows.

    --- It was also suggested that we change the sub-heading on the website to say "the only official fan club in NH
    rather than "star wars approved." We don't need to say what makes us official. The opinion is that official sounds better.
  2. theimmortaljedi Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 23, 2008
    star 1
    all sounds good to me. I hope the next one is closer to home so I can attend. If anyone gets togeather in the meantime please let me know.
  3. Cephas Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 23, 2003
    star 1
    I will make the changes to the site this week. Everything sounds great to me and I agree with all the votings.

    Hope everyone had a good time!
  4. Darth_Cobern Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2008
    star 1
    Thanks for hosting the meeting, Steve. I was sorry that more people did not show up, especially since at least 2 other people voted to the effect that the 19th was their choice for a meeting. Perhaps we'll have a better turnout next time. John, if you have any other minutes from your guys' meeting earlier, I'm sure that we'd all like to read about them, too.
    For next month's meeting, we might want to have SMF be the "meeting" if enough people from the group will attend. As Steve said above, we could pass out fliers or make a poster with pictures from our Clone Wars dinner on it to promote the group and sit it at Ralph's table, if he is going to have one. Although, it doesn't seem that there will be any Star Wars guests at SMF this time around, so I wonder if it is even worthwhile to promote ourselves there in the first place.
  5. theimmortaljedi Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 23, 2008
    star 1
    have SMF be the "meeting is their s website for this event? Anyone want to teach me the card game and sell me some cards and meet at the rochester shop let me know.thanks
  6. jediscar Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2007
    star 3
    I'd be happy to teach you the pocketmodel game. I am an envoy for the game and have lots of duplicates that I can sell to you at a discount. Where do you live??

    Darth Cobern, good ideas about the next meeting. I'll set up a poll, along wth the link to the SMF site, to see who is planning on attending.
  7. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    Hey guys, here are the short meeting minutes from the meet we had at Brandon's last Saturday.

    SMF - We looked at getting a table at SMF to promote the group and to raise money for Make a Wish and the club. We will look at making up a basket or two to raffle off and give a portion of the proceeds to Make a Wish

    Banner - Andy was asked to design a banner that we could use at events (SMF, etc). It would need to be approximately 7 feet long and incorporate the club logo.

    Mission statement - The idea of creating a mission statement for the group was discussed. It was tabled for a later date.

    Halloween event - Saturday, Oct. 25th Jetpack Comics in Rochester will be participating in a Halloween costume party in conjunction with the city of Rochester. Members of the group were asked to attend. Starting time for the event was still unknown at time of the meeting, but more info can be found at Jetpack Comics or their website

    Brandon made a great spread for everyone, cooking chicken enchiladas, rice, corn and had tortilla chips & salsa! For entertainment we played the old Death Star Escape game from 1978 and watched Balls of Fury!
  8. jediscar Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2007
    star 3
    Just a note on "unofficial" meetings....there are many of us who do not have schedules flexible enough to go to a "meeting" with only 3 or 4 days notice. I believe that we should keep meeting "business" at meetings that are planned and posted on here far enough in advance to give opportunity for all to attend. That doesn't mean folks can't get together and discuss the group or have a great time hanging out whenever they feel like. I just think it will set a bad precedent for decision making if there is not an equal opportunity to attend. Just as those of you who prefer Sundays as meetings days, which I do not prefer but have gone along with for the sake of the many, there are others of us who prefer lots of lead time.

    Lastly, the get together at Brandon's was never posted as a "meeting," but rather a guys night. Now that we have 3 or 4 female members, it's not really fair to them to have a meeting that is exclusive.
  9. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    To clarify, it wasn't really a meet per se, just some things were talked about since TK and others wouldn't have been able to take to the meet this past Sunday. The plan was for me to bring the things we talked about to the Sunday meet for everyone to talk about, but we know that the van didn't want to cooperate. And it really just a 'guys' night as Tara was there, but I digress.

    It's been floated for a while, and perhaps we need to bring it up again, but we should look into setting a set date for every monthly meet. For example, the third Sunday of every month. That way personal schedules can be set around the meet. Those who make it, great, those who don't will have to catch up reading the meeting minutes.

    Just my 2 cents!
  10. jediscar Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2007
    star 3
    I agree completely with setting meeting dates far in advance. Perhaps 11/16?
  11. jediscar Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2007
    star 3
    As far as the "guys" night, that's what I heard it was called before it occurred, regardless of who ended up being there, it came across as exclusive.
  12. theimmortaljedi Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 23, 2008
    star 1
    Where do you live??
    Berwick maine. it is next to rochester nh and somesworth nh
  13. jediscar Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2007
    star 3
    Ah, ok. my wife works in Somersworth, Rotag lives there as well. We live in Alton, about 15 mintes from Rochester.
  14. Rotag21 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    Here are the dates for the follow years worth of meetings!! Have fun with it. Please vote all you wish. I'll bring the list with me on the 8th at Brandons.

    To start there will be NO meeting for Dec. Just like every year in the past. We have all ways blocked out Dec. due to the holidays. NO ONE ever can get on the same page due to family,work and events.You name it. So .... just as in years past NO meeting for December.

    So here a a rough draft. All meeting will be hold on Sundays. This is because 90% of people are able to make Sunday's due to life.

    Dec. 2008 No meeting
    Jan. 09' Sun. 18th.
    Feb. 09 Sun. 22nd.
    March 09' Sun 22nd.
    April 09 Sun. 19th.
    May 09' Sun. 17th.
    June 09' Sun. 21st.
    July 09' Sun. 19th.
    Aug. 09' Sun. 16th.
    Sept. 09' Sun. 20th.
    Oct. 09' Sun. 18th.
    Nov. 09' SMF Weekend of the 21st. & 22nd. As all ways.
    Dec. 09' NO Meeting

    Now I know that not everyone can make every one of those dates listed above. I know this list of dates is a year down the road but we now have dates for the next year. So that is plenty of time for everyone to write them down and make arrangments to make the meetings No more short notice so to say. If there is ever a month we wish to have it say on a Saturday for say a group cookout than we will vote on it the month before meeting and have a set date will in advance.

    As far as I can tell these dates do not fall an ANY major holidays. If I am wrong please let me know. I'll have them fixed. But for now this is the draft. Again please vote. List all the comments you wish. But everyone seems to be saying the same thing out there as far as having a set date for meeting. So.... we now have a set dates for meeting.

    And NO I have not worked this around any planned dates of my own. They are all basicily the 4th Sunday every month. It was the day that seemed to workout the best with NO holiday in them. No big plan just picked it.

    SeeYa,
    TK

  15. jediscar Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2007
    star 3
    Great! I'll double-check the calendar for any holiday weekends.
  16. Rotag21 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    So are we clear for any Holiday dates? If so I say it's a go!!

    We'll have all the dates set for the next year worth of meeting and it's all done!!

    SeeYa,
    TK

    Easy as PIE!! I know EVERYONE likes PIE!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.