main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson OCTOBER MEETING: OCT 19TH 1PM @ "OFFICIAL FF APARTMENT COMPLEX"

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Zedd, Oct 13, 2008.

1. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I should be there today.

2. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    I had a great time.

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm glad you both came. Always fun to get together and hang out.

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    We forgot to talk about fan fiction today. Granted as of this moment only Frank is busily writing, however there are a few of us that like too. We should have discussed it.

5. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    I was going to bring it up however I was not inclined to do so because the TFF FanFiction Thread is up in the air in terms of it being something that the TFF had to address. I see it as a fun and creative thread that's an online activity to do at your own free will. I thought the idea of holding a poll on selected stories would make it interesting as well because I've noticed that in the regular fanfic forums you can just write a story. Whether or not someone reads it is never a given however I noticed in the Prequel Forum they had a contest going on where you wrote about a topic and it was in short story format and that was better to me because you could still crank out a story without having to plan so much and it has a topic chosen which helps you narrow down what you want to write. After a certain time of course the votes were cast and someone would win and it was always a fun, good natured competition. For me it's also interesting to see what other people write because it always turns out so different than from what you even thought of and then you have this collection of creative works and it's fantastic. I think if we wanted it might be interesting if we had a handful of stories that were entered in and then we could discuss the different entries at a meeting or even have that be a bookclub theme one time.

As for the meeting itself, I am totally glad I came. As a fan we have daily Star Wars moments and then there are Star Wars experiences. To me that meeting was a Star Wars experience because it has been so long since I did something so involved with Star Wars and it brought back that nostalgic feeling of Celebration III or the months leading up to Revenge of the Sith. I do read Star Wars books and I do post and write fiction but to be in room of equal peers was exciting. I really want to bring big_boss_nass out now.

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I would love for him to come out and join us.

Now if we can just get Cheryl and I out of the cobwebs to write. )

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    My Star Wars muse has deserted me.

Meeting Minutes:

October 19, 2008

Attendance:
    YuuzhanVong_Rule
    GrandAdmiralFrank
    Hero_of_the_Force and Mother
    Cathiecat
    DarthBane187
    Zedd
    RebelMom

Halloween at Reid Park Zoo is this Friday, Saturday and Sunday - the 24th, 25th & 26th, 6 - 8pm, 6 - 8pm and 5 - 7pm. We will be in the Polar Bear area. There are changing areas nearby.

Book Club will be doing the Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina. Cathiecat will arrange the meeting place at the Himmel Park Library. See separate thread

RPG has recently started a D6 game. They play every other Saturday. See separate thread

Minis new set comes out Oct. 31. It will be Clone Wars and will include a starter set. Each set is $15.00. There is a $30.00 buy-in. Tournament not scheduled. Please see separate thread

Clone Wars TV show is on 9pm Fridays.

Tucson Comicon is Nov 8 10am to 7pm at the Sheritan at Speedway and Campbell. It is FREE.

8. Sand_Of_Tucson

Sand_Of_Tucson Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2008
    Hi its me Sandi, my Son and Me came to the meeting and are coming to the Holloween event. He is excited.

Bye.

9. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    I'll try to get out to Reid Park Zoo this weekend.