main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

October meeting/Robby B-day party

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Boba_Fett_of_Nine, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    for the October meeting I'd like to do something for charity. what do you guys wanna do. If we can't plan anything yet I am perfectly content in just playing cards again.

Also my parents are hosting a small birthday party for me on Saturday, October 23rd. It begins at 2:00 pm until 4 or 5 or whatever. KG, KH, and Dalton are all invited. Please let me know and I'll give directions over the phone. My parents prefer not to have directions to their house posted online. Most of you have my phone number, if not, Kevin H has it. If there are at least 3 of us we can just have the meeting there and I have a friend interested in joining, so he can see what we do if that is the case. Thanks

Robby

2. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Thanks for the invite. Will definitely try to make it. As far as the charity thing goes, that sounds like a good idea. Actually, I've been wanting to do something to help out the people in Florida after all they have been through lately. Ya'll got any ideas?

For our next meeting if we can't think of anything else I definitely am down for some more Texas Hold 'Em again. Either that or that Phase 10 game we were talking about. It's really fun. My sister has it so let me know if ya'll wanna play that and I'll get it from her. Heck, I might just go out and buy it for myself.

3. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    the Florida thing and everything else sounds great. But, I have no idea what we could do to help the people in Florida. Dalton, Kevin H, have any suggestions?

4. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    We can talk to the local Red Cross and see what kind of needs they have in Florida. Also, we can give blood, etc.

Any game ya'll choose is fine by me. As far as the meeting/Birthday party, I don't know now if I can make it. A lot of things coming down the pike. Midterm is the 26 and a paper is due the same week.

I'll let you know.

Kevin

5. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    You guys got me curious about Phase 10 when you were talking about it at the last meeting.

I think my church may be taking donations for hurricane relief, though that may have been for western NC. I'll see what's going on if we just want to drop some stuff off there.

6. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    well helping anyone is great. I'll be more than happy to give blood, but my finicial situation will not really allow too much as for donations. we'll haveta check out Phase 10. Its awesome.

7. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    is anyone gonna be able to come to my b-day party? i kinda need to know a few days in advance so my parents can know how many to expect. thanks

Robby

8. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Put me down for a yes. Unless something big happens, which I do not forsee happening.

Kevin

9. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Yeah, I should be able to make it unless something comes up.

10. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    what about you Dal?

11. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to make it. I tried to move some things around, but I'm already roped into a neighborhood function for that weekend that I won't be able to get out of. Eat some cake and drink some blue milk for me.

12. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    np, I understand. Since we all are probabaly gonna be busy for Halloween, maybe since April, and the Kevins and I will be there, we just make it the meeting. thanks

13. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I was trying to work it out so I could go, but the families in the neighborhood are taking all the kids to Briley Farms to the corn maze and petting zoo for most of the day. Then we're working on a Halloween carnival for the next Saturday. I have to come up with some sort of costume between now and then for the carnival. I have no clue what I want to wear.

14. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Need directions. Also, my inlaws are coming in that night, so I need to leave by around 3:30pm.

Good news. I've lost 20 lbs as of yesterday. Just eating better and cutting out sweets and sodas.

See you at the party.

Kevin

15. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Wow! That's awesome Kev! Are you getting a chance to do much exercise also, or is this pretty much a result of changing your diet? I really need to do something. I cut out sodas for about three months one time and felt much better. Then we had a party and ended up with a bunch of leftover 2-liters and I got sucked back in.

Be careful! Don't want to shrink your way out of those Guard and Vader costumes!

16. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    right now, just eating better and more often. also doing some walking 3 times a week.

Trying to slim down to fit in my Stormtrooper armor. I plan on loosing about 15 more pounds, then joining Champions gym to keep muscle. In total, I want to lose another 40 pounds, but don't want to be a lean as I was when I graduated highschool. I was too skinny.

Oh well, wish me luck.

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.