main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI October Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rick_Sith, Sep 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Well, I think I can say that a meeting in October should be a very good idea.

I think we should plan to attend that crazy Halloween Party down on State Street together. Whether in costume or not, it should be a blast.

If anyone has better ideas, let me know.

Of course, I don't know exactly when that party will be so a date is still up in the air.

2. BothanSpy575

BothanSpy575 Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2003
    What about a September Meeting? I dont know about that State Street party as a meeting but an as a activity it would be cool.

3. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    That as a meeting might be hard, would be cool to go too though, as long it doesn't get to out og hand

4. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    "I think we should plan to attend that crazy Halloween Party down on State Street together. Whether in costume or not, it should be a blast"

How I would like to go to that in costume! however my family is going to be leaving for the Carribean on Halloween night ( I was really looking forward to wearing my costume around, I like to wear it any time I have a chance) So if the october meeting is going to be on Halloween I wont be able to make it. It does sound like a blast If we could get Kurdaz and his vader costume down there that would be awesome, again I wish I could go but the vacation should be fun :D.

About the September meeting... I think thats a great idea if perhaps we still want to get some people down here from Milwaukee. I still am up for that. Even if its the beginning of October. I still would like to do that *longs to go to ultrazone :)* So I for one am up for a September meeting to meet with some of the people that I haven't gotten a chance to meet.

Forcebewitya!

5. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    so.......ummm whats the status of the meetings?

Forcebewitya!

6. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Personally, I think that getting together on State Street for a get-together, while fun, wouldn't be the smartest thing...

Take a look at how wild it's been down there the past few years, especially last year.

7. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, so no one likes the Halloween idea. Maybe there would be another way to get together and be able to wear costumes, if anyone has costumes? Someone out there has to be smart enough to come up with something.

As for a September meeting, if someone wants one, they better start a new thread for it. I don't have a problem with a meeting this month, but would like to have a little time for planning, if you know what I mean. If you don't, I mean HURRY UP AND DECIDE ON WHAT & WHERE THIS MEETING WILL BE.
    :D

As for October, we have plenty of time to think this out among ourselves. Since my idea is pretty much scrapped (which is fine by me), someone else can throw out some ideas. Don't be shy about it either. I sure wasn't.
    :p

8. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, here's another idea for October.

We could hold our own costume party. Invite all of our friends, and that way, we may even get more members to join our tiny group.

If everyone is for this idea, we will need everyone to agree on one thing...
    We will need someone to volunteer their place to hold this party.

My place would be too small for something like this, so I'm out on that.
    :(
    I do recall Brent saying something about having a really cool basement, though.
    ;)

Also, we wouldn't have any alcohol at this party, due to some of our members being minors. So, if anyone wants alcohol, I ask you to wait until after the party to partake.

I am thinking of inviting the Milwookiee Fan Force to this party as well. Until we work out the details of when and where, I'll hold off on this.

Let's hear what you guys think.

( PS: Remember, if you want a meeting in September, we need a new thread and some ideas... and quick )

9. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    sounds like fun, I wouldn't mind that, to bad about the beer though

10. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    "if anyone has costumes? "

aye! I have a Jedi costume.

"I am thinking of inviting the Milwookiee Fan Force to this party as well. Until we work out the details of when and where, I'll hold off on this. "

that would be fun. However with no beer...I dont know if they would be willing :p, lol. Also I know that a lot of them have awesome costumes so that would be cool.

"I do recall Brent saying something about having a really cool basement, though"

ha, that would be awesome of course I dont know what my parents would think :p and we will be going on a trip on Halloween to I think the 6th of November (missing Revolutions on midnight :() as I said earlier so we would have to do it before that for it to work at all for me. Much less host it.

well we can discuss this more, as far as a September meeting goes it really doesn't matter if we have one or not...I really dont have any idea what we would do...

Forcebewitya!

11. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I dont have anything in mind either, myself other then maybe East Towne for a supper. September is running short

12. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Brent, I think we should have the October meeting/party on either the 11th or the 18th of October (both Saturdays and before Halloween).
    If you can host it, that would be great. If not, we will need to think of something else real quick. If all else fails, I could host it, but we better hope for really good weathe, because we may have to have some of the party spilling outside.

Unless anyone else has ideas, we have to go with what we talked about so far. I wish we could do some wonderful and elaborate party, but that takes money, which none of us really have.

Anyone have better ideas, speak up now.

13. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Since we're running into size issues, why don't we keep the get-together to just us? If we want to get other groups involved, why don't we keep that for bigger outings like going bowling or laser tag?

14. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    That would be fine, but I think we should still invite our local friends. Maybe spark some interest in new members that way.

15. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    "why don't we keep that for bigger outings like going bowling or laser tag? "

yeah that sounds like a better idea. I did propose the idea to my mom for the party and she said it would most likely be ok. Of course she could change her mind at any time so dont take my word just yet. I think the 18th might be better, that way if we wanted we could watch Matrix Reloaded ( I dont know if any of you are into it that much..) And of course we would have to watch one of the prequels on the big screen (It only supports DVD's so no OT :() well I gotta go right now We have time before this thing will happen talk to you all later.

Forcebewitya!

16. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Sounds like a plan

17. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Brent,
    You can email me, and I'll email you back with my phone number, so your Mom and I could talk about the party, if she hasn't changed her mind already.
    I want to have this happen and be fun, and I want to make it easy for everyone involved in setting it up.
    Decorating and etc. could be done by us. At least I am volunteering my services. Heck, we don't even need a lot of food. Just snack stuff, which we can bring ourselves. Same with drinks.
    If you have trouble emailing me, just PM me and I'll try to get us going.

As for September... well, the month is nearly over, and no one has come up with anything for a meeting. If anyone wishes to get together this weekend (Sunday at the East Towne Mall), I am free in the afternoon. Short notice, but hey, it's something for those longing to meet again.
    I'll be watching this board all day today, so if anyone wants to meet, I'll know. That's the best I can do for ya.

18. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well the whole idea of party at my house is still in the air. I still haven't really talked to my mom seriously yet. I might be free on sunday, I dont have a lot of homework this weekend so it might work. If others are interested I'll be there.

Forcebewitya!

19. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Give a time and I'll come out, it would have to be before 6 since thats when it closes

20. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Well, this weekend didn't work out for me afterall. Next weekend I have a birthday party to go to, so it looks like this month is a bust.

But that just shows that we need to make sure this party thing happens. If we don't have a place decided on and set in stone by the 11th, I'll have to have it at my place. The only problem with that is that we can't fit a lot of people there, so inviting friends would be limited to a couple instead of as many as possible. Either way, we will have our party. If anything, we could show off what costumes we have.

21. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    yeah, I would have soon up too had I not had this blasted cough

22. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I would have gone but I promised one of my friends that I would meet him at the Skatepark, then he didn't show up anyway. So that was kina pointless.

Forcebewitya!

23. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    It sounds like it.
    So we have anymore info on the meeting

24. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Nope. No new news yet. If Brent can let us use his basement, then we can start planning for it to be there. If not, we will have it at my place.

What planning do we need to do?
    Well, who is bringing what is about it.
    Drinks, chips, dips, etc. Snack type stuff.

If it is at Brent's, we can help supply some of the decorations and help with the decorating. Volunteers would be helpful.
    If it's at my place, I can manage some decorations. Will need to know soon though, so I can budget for whatever I need to buy.

What do you guys think?

25. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Well, I'm finding that all the weekends in October are gonna be jam packed with family goodness whether I like it or not. So I have to say that I am unfortunately out for any fun on the weekends this month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.