main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL October Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Well, I figured the topic should at least be started now. It will go days with no response, and then, suddenly, it will have like ten in a day, and then nothing, and then... you get the idea.

As I said in the September Meeting thread, I am going out of town next week, and I will be gone until midway through October. If the meeting is held before then, well, just think of me fondly or, at least, make fun of me.

However, if it is held on the 18th (a Saturday) or later, I can go. Stefanie and I are going to Halloween Horror Nights on the 18th (anyone else going... anyone at all?), but that does not begin until, I think, 7:00pm or so. So, even if the meeting starts at 2:00pm, we can stay much, much longer than we have before.

My vote is for the 18th, but, again, have one before if more can come, and I will just be at the November meeting.

So, let's begin...

Brandon

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The 18th sounds good to me. James was keen on re-evaluating the location, so that's fine. If we end up at the library, I'll reserve a room. We've got time to decide.

I'm out of town for the next 10 days, though my trip's not quite as exciting as Brandon's. Be safe over there, Pik.

See yous guys in a few weeks. -Campbell

3. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I'm supposed to go to HHN on the 17th, but I'm not sure I can get off work.

4. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    thats cool, i will TRY to attend. (and i know all of you are saying "he won't come... again!") but how about this, why don't we have a meeting like every other weekend? then we won't have to spend two weeks posting trying 2 figure out who's coming and all theat and bla bla bla...

5. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!! Every other week!!! HAHAHAHAhAHAHAA!!!!!! OMG!!!! Thats a horrible idea- anyways- that would be more meetings you wouldn't attend.

6. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I was actually thinking twice a week! Wednesdays and Saturdays!

Seriously, once a month seems to be fine for now. That is not to say that there will never, ever *not* be two meetings in a month if something comes up, but part of the "fun" is deciding on time and place and actually having people attend.

Anyway, at one time, we would have been lucky to have one a year, so one a month is fine. Plus, as you said yourself, it would be more meetings that you would never attend.

Anyway, seems to at least two of us October 18th is a good. What about place now? The library is always decent, but some had expressed interest in some other place?

Brandon

7. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    the 18th works for me... and saturday gets extra points....so a morning meeting or afternoon meeting?

Ia

8. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    I could try and make the 18th as well.

Art

9. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    18th sounds good to me.

10. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    18th sounds good to me.

11. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    This will be my last message for a few weeks. I am going to be flying over the ocean in a few hours. Yippie.

Anyway, seems that the 18th is the magical date. As for time, I'd prefer afternoon, probably the generic 2:00pm time. This time, however, I do not have plans until later that night, as I said, so I will not have to leave after an hour (I know what you're thinking, "Dangit, how else can we get rid of him?")

Also, location... I don't mind the library, especially the room last time, vastly superior to the first room, but if anyone has any ideas at all as to another location, just say so...

Brandon

12. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Maybe I can manipulate the size of the room by over-estimating our attendance. Of course, I'll assure the library that Anthony will be coming to this meeting. Maybe his ROTC gang can join us.

Seriously, good to see several faces not seen recently popping in. Hope you all can make it. -Campbell

13. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Kind of quite in here. Did everyone go overseas? Did I get left out? Lol.

14. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    I am still here and i have a very very very bg mouth :p

Ia

15. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    sure, i can come, i may even show up in a HUMMER!

16. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah that Hummer in that commercial where the kids are racing in soap box derby cars.
    Ia do you really have a big mouth?
    Soo... how many peeps going and where are we meeting?

17. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm planning on being there and I'm assuming the library till I hear different. -Campbell

18. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Well, I'm back. 11:03pm, Sunday, October 12. I am *amazed* that this place is as dead as it is after all this time. Wait, wait, this is the Orlando Fan Force forum, so, no, I'm not amazed. =)

Meeting still on for this coming Saturday then...? Super duper.

Brandon

19. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    While I could just edit my above post, I am not going to do so. This way, I get one more post in my "total posts" thing. Neat-o.

So, this place is not as dead as I thought. I see that there are, amazingly, some new topics!

Anthony, will you be showing up in an H2 or a regular first generation Hummer? Also, come to think of it, the H3s are being designed now, so even an H2 is so early 2003, outdated already.

Ia, big mouth? We should have a mouth size contest, well, those that say their mouths are big. Can you fit your fist in it? I know someone that can. Amazing to see, really.

Brandon

20. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    I was actually thinking of modifying an old Ford F-150 so that it looks just like the "warthog" from "HALO". That'd be cool. I'd even put the rocket launcher on the back!

21. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Halo is over, done with. It's the gaming equivalent of a guy wearing his hat backwards: over, done, fin, ridiculous looking.

Brandon

P.S. I'd give you points, *maybe*, on some Halo armor...

22. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Welcome back Brandon. Hope all went well. If we are having a meeting this weekend- I have a few questions?

Who is gonna be there?
    What time is it?
    When is it again?
    Where is it?

Those r ez enuf.

^RUckUS^

23. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    ok guys how does this sound...cambell get the room reserved for saturday....I think we should start with lunch at 1 and do the meeting after that like at 3:00 sound good?

Ia

24. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    meeting at the usual? Downtown library?
    Lunch sounds good to me.
    We should do Sushi.

25. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    That all sounds good. and Halo is NOT over. Not kaput and whatever else you put in there. It was just taking a long-term nap. Like you did on the boards when you went away... except Halo did it longer... alot longer... Hmm...Halo armour... it is possible...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.