main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY October Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Please post what Sundays are good for you to have a meeting so we can narrow it down and maybe have a poll if need be. I know everyone is pretty busy next month, I know I am, hopefully we can squeeze one in. Just a reminder Mini Con is the weekend of the 23 and the Rochester Fandom Party is the 30th. Thanks

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    The only Sunday we have free in October is the 10th. We might be able to do the 31st if it's early enough in the day so that we still have time to get ready for trick-or-treating, but all other Sundays are all booked (3rd - Amazing Maize Maze, 17th - Cancer Walk & Enterprise Party, 24th - Mighty Mini-Con).

~Doc_Bev

3. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    The only day I have is also the 10th.

Duane

4. MaxReBoot11

MaxReBoot11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2003
    I'm free this Sunday Oct. 3, or Saturday or Sunday Oct 16 & 17.
    Whatever date gets set, I may need a ride there and back.... or at least some real good instructions to wherever it is, so maybe a friend can drive me.
    Also, usually about what time are we having meetings now, from and until when? (roughly)

~Molly

5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    3rd is to soon. 17th is the breast cancer walk thing, you can join us there Molly if you want. We are doing a water station. Look at the thread. Looks like the 10th so far. Anyone else good for the 10th?

6. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    So far it looks like Tom and I are free on the 10th., but I don't know his work schedule yet.

7. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Looks like it will be the 10th. Best time for me as well. I will call Wes and see if he will be around and then make an official announcement. Just in case, where would we like to meet other then the MCH if he is not avialable?

8. ltcmdrtom

ltcmdrtom Jedi Master

Apr 7, 2004
    10th is good here also

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    If Wes (and thus the MCH) are unavailable that day, then my first alternate idea would be the Irondequoit Mall Food Court.

~Doc_Bev

10. MaxReBoot11

Jan 13, 2003
    I may be able to work the 10th... my cousin is coming to visit from Chicago, and my family and i might be going to the Letchworth Craft Show and Sale, so I'm not entirely sure.

If I can go though, I still need to work out the whole ride thing....

11. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    The Mall sounds good to me.

12. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Another idea is RIT - with all these RIT members back to school, they may be able to reserve a room and AV equipment for free (especially if they are undergraduates).

13. MaxReBoot11

Jan 13, 2003
    YES... yes, we probably could :D How many people from the club go to RIT, aside from myself???

I think I would just have to put in a request... hehheehe, or check teaching schedules -- then we could just snag a room!
    Plus, there are LOTS of easy, free spaces on campus that just anyone can use. I'm sure we could very easily find something.

Let me know. ... Sooner the better, because I MIGHT be able to get keys to conference rooms and such, for on the weekends -- I'm a trust-worthy student office worker with connections, hehe.

~Molly

Oh, and what Mall are we talking about??

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    OK... Where do we stand on this?

Jeff - have you talked to Wesley to see if we can meet at the Monroe Community Hospital or not? If not, are we meeting at Irondequoit Mall's Food Court or RIT? (And Molly - so far I think it's just you and DarkjediAssasin that go to RIT.)

Are we shooting for a 1pm meeting? Or would some other time be better for people. I think last month an 11am meeting worked better for some/most of the attendees.

Thoughts anyone?

~Doc_Bev

15. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I have left him a message and have not heard back. I will call him again on Wed. and will post Wed night if its MCH or not. If I can not cantact him or if he does not get back to me by Wed. then its the Mall or RIT.

16. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Wesley has confirmed that he will be available at MCH on Sunday. We may have meeting there.

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    OK - now that we have the place and date - what about time? 11AM seemed to work OK as long as people brought something to eat. Or is a different time better for more people? Did Wesley have a time preference?

~Doc_Bev

18. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I forgot we wanted to do it earlier before. I told him the usual 1pm. I can call him back. As long has we know he is going to be there it should not be a problem.

19. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    11 A.M. Would be great! Thanks everyone!

Duane

20. MaxReBoot11

Jan 13, 2003
    Ok...
    So, in the event I do not, in fact, attend the RIT Annual Invitational Regatta (with our wonderful Brick City Singers a cappella group performing throughout the day), OR the Letchworth State Park seasonal Craft Fair, ...
    .. and then can get a ride.. and so CAN actually come to the Star Wars club meeting (and then immediately following it, the Fandom Club meeting) all beginning at 11 am on this coming Sunday....

WHAT and WHERE is "MCH"????????????????????? ! :eek:
    ... and then how do I find you guys & gals??

~Distressed in Indecision
    (Molly)

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Well, I can't help you with the first part, but here's a mapquest map of where the Monroe Community Hospital (where one of our members lives) is. We meet in the cafeteria and I think there are signs posted about to direct, but if not we usually hang out in the hallway for a bit so that we're easier to spot.

We might be able to pick you up on our way by, I think you're sort of on our way to the hospital.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.