October Meeting

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by Jayna, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Going by our third Saturday system, our next meeting will fall on October 16. Seeing as how this is coming up rather quickly, we should definitely start planning.

Any ideas?
  2. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    oooo, ooooo, ooooo, I know this one!!! B5athon!!!

*eyes pic of Whitestar, drools in mass puddle on keyboard*
  3. Karma Jedi Master

star 3
  4. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Where? I know the awesome ally on Ridgewood is going to be torn down soon to make room for some condo's :(

That's the only decent place in the area that I know of. Do you know of any other's Karma? I haven't been bowling in a long time... a long time.

5. Jayna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    HOw about bowling followed up with a bit of B5? That sounds like a fun Saturday to me.

Isn't there a Daytona Beach Bowl somewhere down A1A?
  6. Karma Jedi Master

star 3
    I recommend the bowling alley on US1 in Ormond Beach, just north of Granada. It's clean and as great french fries. ;p

star 4
    You had me at 'french fries' :)

Do they do cosmic bowling? I only recommended B5 because I know a few members that want to get into the series. How about we watch one of the movies, grab some grub and go cosmic bowling?
  8. Jayna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sounds good to me!

So what time would we like to meet and get this thing started?
  9. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I will have to work that day, so I would really like it if we could extend the meeting into the nighttime so I can join you guys. :)

Sorry about not showing up last time, you know, since there was a hurricane and all. :p
  10. Amiry Jedi Master

star 2
    I shouldn't have to work that day, and I will especially have that night free. :)

I live in Port Orange, but I can probably make it up to Ormond without too much difficulty, if we go cosmic bowling up there. I go bowling every so often with the people from work and we go to the place on Ridgewood. I should be able to make this one. I would have probably made the last one had there not been a hurricane. [face_plain]
  11. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, if we go cosmic bowling then that wouldn't start till about 10, right?

I belive the first movie is about an hour and a half, so if we started at 730pm, that would go to around 9pm, then we can head out and get a few lanes.

That's also late enough that people can eat.

Now, the thing is that you have two movies that really should go together, the Pilot and In the Beginning (actually filmed between season 4 and 5), so if we didn't want to kick it off quite so late we could watch the both of them.

Let me know if we want to do both so I can try and get the DVD from my buddy. I have them all on VHS, but DVD is so much nicer :)
  12. Jayna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    So how 'bout we meet up around 5pm or so, watch a few movies, and then plan to be cosmic bowling at 10? That should give us more than plenty time for the movies and goofing off before bowling, with an additional buffer for navigational errors and such.
  13. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
  14. Karma Jedi Master

star 3
    Of course, in my usual "Fan Force Member at Large" manner, I'm bowing out of October's meeting, even though bowling sounds like a blast. October 16 is also ERAU's Employee Day at Universal Studios and I've already committed to go to that.

star 4
  16. LianaMara Jedi Master

star 4
    *looks on Calendar*

I think I can actually make this mtg! :D The week before I'm going to a concert, week after I have *grumble* family reunion *grumble*, but the 16th seems fine.

Anyone have directions to the bowling alley? I am notoriously bad at cosmic bowling, but it's still fun. :)
  17. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Do you still have the directions to my place? We're going to kick the meeting off there at 5pm.
  18. Jayna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yay! You can come!

Don't worry about lack of bowling skills. We're far from being pros. In fact, we really suck. Well, I know I do anyhow. Q, you do too. It's all good! We have fun! :)
  19. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey, just because last time I slid half way down the alley...

Oh wait, I think that was with the RP's 8-}
  20. LianaMara Jedi Master

star 4
    Jayna- Yay! :D I won't be the only person with the amazing high score of 73. :p

Q- I do still have the directions. Go moi, for I usually lose such things. :p So, we're watching B5 first? I've never seen any of the episodes or movies, being more of a StarGate girl, but they do sound interesting. :)
  21. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh...dear...God... Stargate?? No no no, we will have to remedy you of that. ASAP. Or in three weeks, whichever comes first.
  22. Amiry Jedi Master

star 2
    I never got into B5. Or Stargate. Or really any other space-based sci-fi TV show besides Star Trek. I'm pretty sure I tried to watch others, but I just couldn't get into them. . .
  23. LianaMara Jedi Master

star 4
    What's wrong with SG? I mean, SG-1 has...um...gates, and that guy with glasses, and stuff. :p

*shuts up now*
  24. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    stargate the movie was great, the show on the otherhand...
  25. Jayna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Don't worry about him, LianaMara. He's just bitter that they discontinued his beloved Farscape for Stargate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.