main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM October Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by mandy_djo, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    So, it's about that time again. Figured I'd start a thread to keep all the discussions together. Any ideas on where we want to host the next meeting?

2. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    There was talk of having it at that Italian coffee shop down on El Paseo, I think that is where it is. I can't think of the name of the place. I know they have really good coffee and cake.

3. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    I figured the meetings would be in Cruces, since that is where you and Angie are most of the year.

4. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Either location (Las Cruces or El Paso) would work for me.

5. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I am good with either as long as we stay with the second Sunday. Not sure if I could make it on the third due to work.

6. gneiss_jedi

gneiss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    As long as there's yummy cake and drinks I'm game. Personally I would like it to be in Cruces.

7. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Let me clarify, is it the second Sunday of the month (9th) or the second Sunday of the end of the month (23rd)?

8. mandy_djo

Apr 8, 2004
    Meetings are the second Sunday of the month, in this case, the 9th, unless other plans are made. I think we should stick with October 9th, and have it in Cruces since the last one was in Alamogordo. Also, that weekend we have a home football game so it would work out well for Andrea, Brittani, and I.

9. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    The 9th works for me. Just say where.

10. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    The 9th in Cruces works for me.

11. Red_8

Red_8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    I wonder if I am ever goign to get a chance to make it to another meeting........ Oh well

12. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Talked to my parents just to confirm and they said the 9th wouldn't be a problem.

13. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Good to hear, Jaggy. :) This weekend I'll look for some suitable coffee shops! :D

14. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Sounds good.

I'm glad I'll be able to make it to the Oct. meeting as I couldn't for the Sept.

15. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    When a place is decided can somebody put up an address. I am not to knowledgable about places in Cruses unless it is right in the area by the mall.

16. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    I know I said I'd do it this weekend, but that just didn't happen. That's why tonight, a few of us are going out right after band to scout out coffee shops. :)

17. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Not a problem. We still have time.

18. mandy_djo

Apr 8, 2004
    I really hope that you can make it Jaggy because I haven't met you yet!

19. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Alright! We have a good possibility on a meeting place, but I need to call to confirm with them. They're called "Milagro Coffee". Or Cafe. Or something like that. :p

20. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Don't worry Mandy, I'll be there. My parents have all ready confirmed I'm going. I'm looking forward to meeting you too.

I'm not familiar /c the coffee shops in Cruces so if that's the place we have the meeting I'm going to be needing directions.

21. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    We'll see how Milagro works, and you guys can tell me if you like it or not. :) We went to the three coffee places in the phonebook, and this was the only one that would actually hold more than like three people in it (one of the places we went to was one of those itty-bitty drive-thru things).

I'll give you all some more detailed directions later, but here are some general directions: Coming from Alamogordo, once you get to Las Cruces, take the I-25 EL PASO exit (NOT Albuquerque, that will take you north). Take that, and it'll take you south for something like two exits. Then you'll see signs for the University exit (it's Exit 1 wink ... you can count down to 1 on the mile markers, if that helps you). Then you'll turn right down University Blvd. Soon, you'll see a McDonald's on the right. Turn there, but don't go into the McDonald's parking lot. Keep going, and shortly after the McDonald's parking lot will be a left turn, and you should see a strip mall, and Milagro Coffee is right there on the end of the strip mall, almost directly behind McDonalds. :)

22. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I think I can find that. What time are we meeting there? Could someone bring one of the ORFF fliers? I can make some more for later. See you all there.

23. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I'll be able to make it. What are the directions if coming from El Paso?

24. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    I think it goes like this... Brittani, correct me if I'm wrong. Take I-10 up to the I-25 junction, and go north on that. Then go until you see the University exit, and take that (should also be exit #1). Once you are up on the overpass, turn left (westward) toward the campus. Then, the rest of the directions are the same for you (McDonalds on the right and all that).

25. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Okay thanks. See you all on Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.