main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

October Meeting.

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Amiry, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_terak

darth_terak Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    i like sith-patterson's idea bout showin off our costumes to the cadets
    make e them jealous that we look better in our costume then they do in their uniforms
    NO OFFENSE TJ

2. plokoonkenobi77

plokoonkenobi77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2005
    i think we should do something for haloween because one of the biggest star wars hobbies is costuming, but thats just me.

3. darthdemios

darthdemios Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2005
  4. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    The first meeting, as stated before, has been decided as follows:

Barnes and Noble
    Wednesday, October 19 @ 3:30pm

The second (or main) meeting date has not yet been decided.

In future however, I'd like to set it up so that we have our main meeting on the third Saturday of the month, as we've been doing and the alternative meeting on the Wednesday of that same week. Trying to keep it organised here. In case anyone is confused, the idea is, if you can't make one meeting, perhaps you can make the alternate.

Back to the Halloween-themed meeting. It doesn't have to be on Halloween weekend. What I am asking is do you all want to do our second meeting on the 22nd (the Saturday after the wednesday meeting posted above) or the 29th (the Saturday before Halloween)? SW costumes are not required. If you have a costume, you can wear it, but you don't have to have one. I am having issues with my Leia costume that I did for Dragon*Con and haven't felt like fixing it yet. I may or may not get to it in time for Halloween. The object is to have fun, costumes or not. :)

I am not too fond of involving the "CAP Unit" in these plans. . . Especially for the purpose of "showing off". I just don't really want to combine the two.

5. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005
    as i stated before i think the haloween is a good idea for this month amd then go back to whatever organization is setup. cosuming is probably the bigggest star wars hobbie next to watching the movie(and posting on forums :D) and so it only seem right that we have a halowwen party even if all the costumes aren't star wars.
    plokoonkenobi77

6. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005
    costuming***

7. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Well said, plokoonkenobi77. :D

Now my next question is, do we want this Halloween party/gathering to be an outside affair, as discussed earlier in this topic?

8. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005
    i guess it all depends on where and what we plan to do.
    another question, where in B&N is the meeting going to be?

9. Sith_Patterson

Sith_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
    ok understadable about the cap unit
    but if we do the holloween party we just need a place we have a nice little play in my area a cabanan with power and what not, i really like the idea of dressing up we just need a spot i agree with u amy on the day before will work. but weekends this month are bad for me with all the stuff going on with cap. night times would be better.

10. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    We could meet up in a specific area of B&N. I suggest the café as it is large. I could get there a bit early and secure a spot.

Our original plan for the Halloween party involved being outside, but that's up to you guys if you still want to do that. I was planning for it to be sometime in the evening, so that should work for you, TJ. I could possibly set something up at my house, but my house is small and full of annoying people (well, my sister and her BF and baby), but I we could use the porch. I'll ask about the possibility of people leaving for a few hours and get back to you guys. :)

We're moving into a bigger place soon, and I was going to open it up for FF meetings sometimes if we needed a place to hang out. I'll know more after we actually move, though.

11. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005
    we could also meet up in one of the little reading area too depeding on how many people are going.

12. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005
    aproximatly how long is the meeting going to be?

13. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    It usually doesn't last over an hour. :)

14. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005
    oh really? :eek:
    i thought it would last longer.

15. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    It usually depends on what we're doing. The main (Saturday) meetings are longer for sure.

16. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005
    yea
    well i hope i'll be able to go, i should be there unless my 2 rides bail on me [face_praying]

17. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I hope you can make it, too, plo. I hope everyone who is able to come can make it. :)
    I'll pick a corner somewhere. I'll have ponytails and probably a green jacket. :B

If you can't make it, there's always the "big" one (which we need to plan details on!). :D

18. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Okay, well I was there for about 45 minutes. The café was pretty full, so I sat outside the café near the sci-fi/fantasy books. And I didn't see anyone. [face_plain] If anyone was tehre, they didn't identify themselves. I saw someone who I thought might have been you, plokoonkenobi77, but I wasn't sure, so I didn't say anything. Were you wearing an orange Creek shirt? :confused: I also saw some guy sitting in the café in a black shirt that said STAR WARS on it, but I'm at least half certain he was not there for the FF.

We need to organise this better. Especially when we are meeting in a public place. Next time I will my cell phone number and if you are wandering aimlessly, you can call and find me/us. This was only the minor meeting anyhow, so it wasn't too big of a deal that no one was there. I'm still trying to find out if I can clear the house of my family on the 29th. . .

19. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005
    that was me!!!
    i thought that was you but i was afraid to ask, sry [face_whistling]
    but at least i know what you look like know :D
    i guess we need a better system

20. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    8-} I guess that was a bit of a "durrr" moment on both parts, LOL. I guess next time I should trust the Force and poke people. :-B

21. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005
    lol
    i definetly think we should have a haloween party in a specific place and time

22. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I'd really like to have a party at my house, but I can't count on people being gone. I'm working on it, though. :/

This is sort of off-topic, but I'm hoping our November meeting can involve watching RotS (or the entire PT), since it's out November 1st. I think one of our most successful meetings was the one where we watched the OT. I'm just not sure I'd be able to clear out my family for 6+ hours for that event. LOL.

Anyway, back to the 28th. . .

23. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005
    another little off topic thing but i think that for national star wars day (may 25th) (i made that up but hey it makes sense)we should do a saga marathon in order to celebrate the 29th birthday of star wars. i don't know where we would do it though.

anyways, back to the 28th

24. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Or at least sometime in May. It's a good idea. :) May 25th, 2006 is a Thursday, so perhaps May 20th as it is the third Saturday of the month.

But back to the 28th. Where in bloody hell is everyone? o_O

25. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.