Madison, WI October meeting

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by SkyeLightrider, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds like a plan, and so does Geek Kon we should all meet up and get something to eat or something for sure. Glad you guys are interested in coming sorry I didnt mention it sooner totally slipped my mind. yeah and about the weapon policy that's REALLY annoying but what can ya do...Keep in mind that you can check weapons in before the costume contest and use them on stage and then put them away I think thats the only time that our Zelda group is going to be out and about because you cant have Links without swords and shields (yes apparently a shield is considered a "weapon")

Forcebewitya.
  2. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    well to be fair in the old days Shields were used as weapons
  3. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    I know I mean technically anything can be used as a weapon though it's like where do you draw the line. I just really hope they move off campus next year. Weapons are a very important part of a costume.

Forcebewitya.
  4. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    that be nice I guess it will depend on how successful this one is
  5. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    Well apparently they are projecting 2000 people which is insane. I do know that some of my friends from Chicago are even coming up so that just might be an accurate number. If so it would be in their best interest to move out of the campus area.

Forcebewitya.
  6. Cleopatramwi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Will you be wearing Boba Fett on Saturday or Sunday? Since it looks like quite a few people will be dressing up, I've decided to go in costume on both days. I was tentatively planning for Padme on Saturday and Eowyn on Sunday. Since it doesn't look like too many RL or 501st members are coming, it might be nice to wear SW costumes on the same day :)
    Sorry to just butt in btw, I know I don't know many people on this forum!
  7. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    Skye and I will be in Star Wars costumes both days. He'll be in his Jedi robes and I'll be in my Twi'lek costume.

Yet. I'm Nat. I look forward to seeing you at Geek Kon. Feel free to stop by our FF meeting on Friday the 5th if you can.
  8. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'm gonna wear my Jayne hat. :D
  9. Cleopatramwi Jedi Knight

star 1
    The same Nat from the MACS group?
    I'll try to stop by the meeting. I have some work commitments, but I may be able to come. I would very much like to meet you all as well.

Dana
  10. SkyeLightrider Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Crap I can't go then. I have martial arts training. My body parts are weapons :p
  11. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    That would be me. Well if I don't see you Friday - I'll definitely keep an eye out for you in costume on Saturday.

[face_laugh] @ Skye - you're going :p
  12. Cleopatramwi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Are any of you registered on the Geek Kon forums? I've been looking in pretty fequently and there was some question of getting photoshoots together for certain groups. So far it doesn't look like there is anything settled in the way of a Star Wars photoshoot, but I would definitely be interested in doing something along those lines on Saturday.

Dana
  13. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'll admit that I haven't registered but only perused.
  14. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
  15. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
  16. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    I haven't even looked, yet.

Guess I'm a bit slow.
  17. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I am not registered on those forums but I registered for the con. I'll wear Boba Fett earlier in the day on Saturday Dana. We should get all the SW costumes together for a shoot. I hope I can get a rudimentary jetpack ready to go...ugh this project is plaguing me!

Nice of you to stop in Dana see you Saturday, and maybe Friday night is your husband coming in his Obi Wan robes?

Forcebewitya.
  18. Cleopatramwi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sounds great Brent! Lets try for a Saturday photoshoot then. I'm hoping Sara from the 501st will be come in her Mara Jade as well. Unfortunately, my husband won't be coming. He has work commitments for the entire weekend. Also, he's not very interested in the RL and convention scene and not very keen on going out in a Jedi costume.
    I'm still hoping to get him out to another RL event at some point.
    I'll see you tomorrow then.

Dana
  19. AilesArgentees Jedi Knight

star 1
    We are back and so far planning on coming to the meeting. So, I guess we'll see you all tomorrow!
  20. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds good Dana. I'm going to be in my Fett costume until about 2 or 3 and then I'm changing into my Link costume for the contest. I didnt know Sara was coming down that should be fun. Is anyone else from Milwaukee/501st coming down?

Forcebewitya.
  21. Cleopatramwi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sara isn't sure if she is going to make it. She may do Party on the Pavement in Racine instead. As far as I know no one else is coming. We don't seem to get very many RL/501st for these Madison events.
    In any case, we can probably settle a time for the photoshoot tonight. It looks like tomorrow a.m will work best so far.

Dana
  22. Cleopatramwi Jedi Knight

star 1
    This was posted in the Geek Kon Livejournal community:

http://www.geekkon.net/pdf/geekkon_schedule.pdf

Dana
  23. resnictem Force Ghost

star 2
    Our most people ever!! Good meeting, I enjoyed it. Sorry to duck out on everybody, but hopefully, I will see most of you at Geek Kon. Thank you, Dana, for linking the schedule.
  24. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    No doubt! I was quite impressed with the sheer number of folks that showed up, plus the number of new people that attended. Sorry I had to bail early, myself. I had a long week and needed to call it an early night.

Hopefully see a good number of you at Geek Kon today!
  25. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    Yeah, it was a good turn out. I enjoyed seeing new faces and some old ones. We had a lot of good conversations and laughs. I always have fun at the meetings.

I'll start a new thread for the next meeting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.