Hou, TX October meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by StormMoose, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    It is back to Stags Head. Pizza had no effect. October 26 and 27th are out due to other activites those days. I am out the 5th 6th, and 7th due to inventory. The target number is 4 or more. We can do it. No excuses.

David
  2. _erikstormtrooper_ FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 2
    OK. I feel more comfortable at Stag's Head anyway.

For Saturdays, that leaves October 13 and October 20. But I see that the Ren Fest theme for October 20 and 21 is Pirates, so I might be going there that weekend.

Is Saturday October 13 bad for anyone?
  3. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    I see no problum with that day at our usual time and table. I think I will skip the Ren fest this year. Love the food but hate the $$$$$$$$$.
  4. TI1420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Either day is good for me. I also don't care for the high cost of a Ren-fair visit.

Of course, I like Stag's Head. :)

5. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think I should be safe to say the 13th would be good for me this time around ... Astros baseball season will be over by then, all I have to worry about now is the Aeros :D
  6. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    October 13 it is. The usuial time of 5pm or so.
    David
  7. HANs_BAR_TAB Jedi Knight

Greetings to all,

I have just registered and I would like to meet up with our local die hard SW community. October 13th is solid for me. How does this community role?
  8. TI1420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi Hans

Usually for meetings we have some food, a few beers, and talk about sci-fi topics. It's always a good time and I hope you can join us on the 13th.

Tell us more about yourself when you get a chance... we look forward to meeting you!

Cheers,

Ian

TK-1420
    501st Legion
    Star Garrison
  9. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    Glad to have you in Hans. It is easy to get to and we are easy to find there. We either have a helmet on the table or are wearing Star Wars tee-shirts.
    We just might need a bigger booth.
    David
    501st enlistee
    Snowtrooper wanabe.
  10. starwarsgeek74 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Snowtrooper wannabe...that's funny! If anyone has the drive for it, it's you Dave. I have drill that weekend, but it's a local one, so I'll be a wee bit late. Tell the waitress with the accent to wait for me!

Welcome aboard new guy, hope to see you on the 13th!
  11. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    I hear she likes men in uniform. We will save a place for you Ruban.

David
  12. HANs_BAR_TAB Jedi Knight

Food, beer and sci-fi topics...jeez I wonder if I can find it within myself to endure such a gathering. 6-7 hours tops I reckon'.

right....well I filled in my profile so that's up to be read. I do take Star Wars very serious. I would say that the combination of the central mega-theme of fallen hero to redemptive son, the mental trip (mental 'escape' if you will to not sound so Timothy Leary) the films offered a young kid combined with the musical score all made a massive impression on me and have never left.

Outside of SW, I am an oddball in that I played sports all the time, took training very serious, earned a scholarship for my efforts at 18, and to this day I am a big sports junkie, and yet I have always been a bookworm of the highest order. I'd live at Barnes & Noble if I could. I like learning new cultures or languages, I got friends from all over, I've run with the Bulls in Spain and I am very open for all points to consider. I do speak MOVIE and my age group of Texas men were raised on the role models of Han Solo and Fletch. So if I come across jagged...

I am looking forward to meeting new friends next Sat.
  13. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    I will be a little later then 5pm. I just got transfered to 1960 and Campions so my drive will be a little longer. I survived inventory and am looking forward to cold beer and our fun has always.

David
    501st enlistee
    snowtrooper wanabe
  14. markb50k Force Ghost

Hey,

I am definitely interested in meeting up with the local community, and I had planned on coming down the last couple of meetings, but stuff came up (was really looking forward to getting a copy of the Holiday Special, havent seen it since it originally aired). Saturday is looking good so far, which could be cool since it looks like there might be a pretty good showing for this one.

Im coming from the Spring area, and would be bringing my g/f. Hope to make it down there. From what I heard, Stag's Head is a pretty cool place.

15. TI1420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    We'll be glad to meet you. Your GF is welcome, too. My wife always has a good time when she comes along.

We all try to wear Star Wars t-shirts to help identify one another, and I'll probably bring a helmet to set on the table as well. Also, I am freindly with the staff, so if you ask one of the waitresses for Ian or the Star Wars guy, there's a good chance they will be able to point us out to you.

16. _erikstormtrooper_ FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 2
    Hey markb50k and HANs_BAR_TAB,

Welcome!

I hope you can make it to the meeting this saturday. I'll definitely be bringing my little stack of Holiday Specials.

It looks like we might actually top 3 people this time!

See y'all on Saturday.
  17. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well I figured I would post as it looks like I WILL BE THERE this time ... [face_dancing]

I'm looking forward to actually meeting everyone.

I will have a SW shirt (more than likely one I got from CIV)
  18. markb50k Force Ghost

Well, barring unforeseen circumstances, we are a go for this Saturday. So see yall there.
  19. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just got gm TK# for the 501st. We will have a toast to the 501st to celeberate that and welcome new friends. Should be there by 6pm. Good fun good beer and good times. Feel the power of the force.

David
    TK6867
    Snowtrooper wanabe
  20. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    So what's the average time to start showing up ... 5:00PM?
  21. _erikstormtrooper_ FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 2
    Seems like 5:00 is the earliest most people will get there.
  22. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    It was cool meeting everyone in person tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the next meeting as well.

Later,
    Danny
    (AKA Danpa)
  23. TI1420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    My in-laws had car trouble. IN GALVESTON. So I had to go help them out. What *started* as a simple trip to the store became an all-day thing. Grrrrrrrr.
    All we had with us was Bonnie's phone, so I didn't get the phone messages until way late.

Sorry I missed out, I had been looking forward to this all week.

24. _erikstormtrooper_ FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 2
    Hey,

Just wanted to say that I enjoyed meeting all of the new people on Saturday. It's so cool that we actually had 8 people show for our meeting. Maybe we'll be able to pull something together for this town after all.

We missed you, Ian. And without your trooper helmet, I walked right past the table and thought to myself, "That's too many people to be our group".

A few of us discussed the November meeting briefly, and it seemed like the second Saturday in November might be the best. So how does Saturday, November 10th sound for y'all?

(Factual correction: At the meeting I mentioned that John Rhys Davies, who played Sallah in Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade, also played Prince Vultan of the Hawk Men in the 1980 Flash Gordon movie. I was wrong. Brian Blessed, who was the voice of Boss Nass, actually played Prince Vultan.)
  25. markb50k Force Ghost

I'll join in and say that I had a good time as well. It was my first get together with any real group of Star Wars fans, and a good one at that. I'm also pretty happy that we had such a nice turnout for it. It was nice meeting Ruben, Sam, David, Erik, James, and Danny (hope I got everyone's name right :) )

Even my g/f Kim had a very nice time, and she wouldn't consider herself a Star Wars fan by any stretch, so kudos to all that showed up.

Hopefully, lurkers to this board (like I was) will be more apt to give it a try next time!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Thanks Erik for the Holiday Special DVD!!! Hopefully I'll check it out tonight :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.