October Meeting

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by Jedi_Tenken, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irishjedimaster Jedi Knight

star 1
    Lady J (GI Joe) Kenobi (SW), I think you will find the Glock a smooth operating weapon, as Ming noted. If it it an issue though, it might benefit you to wear a wrist brace while shooting.
  2. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    No, the J isn't from GI Joe.

I'll have to try a wrist brace then. I have arthritis in my right wrist (it developed when I was in my late 20's!) and it gets worse every year.
  3. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    You mean Teras Kasi... and it's too bad that fighting game wasn't better planned and the game play better executed. It was a good idea. Still is... they should just take all the Jedi and Sith out there and make a Soul Caliber like game.

anyway, should we just have a vote on the date? I think that would be best.
  4. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, I dunno how to do the voting poll thing... 10th or 17th... (as the 3rd is too close now). Choose your destiny/date guys. We'll "hand" count the votes. :D Any longer and the CR is out of the state for Harry Potty land.

Also, I'd like to remind the Council and CR that technically... I should NOT be setting a vote (calling for one is everyone's right given enough time to vote... but setting one isn't for the rest of us to do really) or be the main one driving for a club meeting (as I've been inactive here for over 6 months... I mean... come on.). I think this is something we have to discuss in an open forum during our meeting.

I'm good with either dates... Hell I'm good to meet right here right now live, but this is a group. So let's get in gear, let's talk it out and stuff. ^^
  5. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would if i knew how. Next weekend is good for me... anyone else?
  6. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    I can't make the 10th or the 17th due to prior engagements. Sorry.
  7. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I have created a poll so that people can vote for the date.

Ming, your criticism is un-called for. Rachel did, several days earlier, post and encourage people to discuss the best date. Discussion followed. Saying that the CR and council did not do their jobs simply because the issue was put to general discussion instead of a structured poll in a separate thread is ridiculous.
  8. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Criticism conceded, but there seems to be a lack of action overall which goes back to the idea that one person has to force an issue before anything gets done which should never be the case. Either way, I'll say no more about at this juncture. I apologize for my overly critical statement concerning the matter. Thank you for posting the poll Alison.
  9. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oct meeting: Sunday Oct 24th, Tanforan, at the usual spot in the hallway outside Barnes and Noble. I am saying 12pm right now but if anyone has suggestions for a better time, let me know. I know not everyone can make it but if you can it all, I think its important since its been awhile. If anyone has something they want from Disneyworld or Harry Potter World, let me know.
  10. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Meeting called and locked on. Sounds like a plan. ^^ Although 12pm is rather early for me... but I'll live. XD
  11. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
  12. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    I'll try to be there. Have a party this weekend, so will try to save $$ SFFF.
  13. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    This looks interesting: http://www.sfindie.com/party.html

Another cantina party. ^^
  14. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Awww, will be in Orlando then.
  15. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    You just wanted to rub it in. :p

Alright 24th 12pm @ Tanforan... So say we all... or most... or some... Whatever. :)
  16. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    i will be there. Russ, and Chewie, are you guys going too?
  17. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just want to thank everyone who braved the rain to come to the meeting this afternoon, especially our new member Tammi, who came all the way from Fairfield. Here are the things we talked about:

-Next event will be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part one. It's coming out Nov 19. I personally will be at a midnight screening but I know that is not for everyone so we could do a group outing maybe that weekend. We could consider that our nov meeting if that works for everyone.

-Robert mentioned the Dicken's faire coming in Dec. I know several people like to go to that so if we want to try and do that as a group, that is possible.

-Holiday Party: We should start thinking about dates and possible locations. I don't know if Eva is going to be willing to host it again so we should consider alternatives. It was also mentioned that if it is easier, we could do a post holiday party in January instead.

-Elections. It was suggested we have a few weeks between nominations and actual elections. Do we want to have nominations in Nov and Elections in dec or do nominations in dec and elections in January. I can take care of making sure we have an RSA to help as vote counter. We will consider all positions up for election so start thinking about who you want to nominate.

I hope everyone is doing well. If you want anything from Harry Potter Land, let me know in the next couple of days.
  18. SWFAN3 Force Ghost

star 1
    Unfortunately, I was not able to be at the meeting.
    Working temp for the holidays.
    My schedule will change week to week.
    Hope to be there next month. Thank you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.