main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

October Plano Show

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Might I ask what the Tulsa FanForce's plans are concerning the group attendance/participation in the Dallas Comicon in Plano next month? While I cannot obligate myself at this moment, I am "interested" in attending and I would like to coordinate with the Tulsa FanForce if possible. LMK.

BTW, "IT" came back, it complete and utter perfection. PM me if you have any questions.

2. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Well, we were supose to talk about that at the last meeting. Not really sure if we have any set plans. There was some talk about going to 6 Flags on Sunday (or after the show).

Ice Queen

3. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Well, we're just gonna plan things out here and then solidify them as much as possible at the Sept meeting the 2-3 weeks before hand.

Pretty much all we know now Jake is that we are all gonna go LOL. the Dallas folks have mentioned us shacking up with them at thier booth as well. BDK says he has 11 people in Omaha saying they are interested in coming down to it as well. That's about the jist of it for now.

i guess this is as good a time as any to start hammering the details out.

4. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Just remembered more...

Hehehe, ok the six flags thing would probably happen Saturday night after the show. Since the Dallas FF was wanting to ge together two we'd probably do that Friday. also BDK's Omaha people, however many come, would be there for Saturday (meaning they get there Friday night Sat. morning.)

If i remember more i'll let ya know.

5. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Also FYI, the Cowboys are playing that Sunday at noon.

6. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Oh, we are going to have sooooo much fun!! DFW isn't going to know what happened! :D Pack up the family Jake! You don't want to miss out on all the fun. hehehe!

What are the dates again?

Ice Queen

7. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Hello All

Waco will be there too. We were going to stay overnight. Maybe we can have a real FF get together next month :)

8. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Okay, Tulsa, Omaha, DFW and Waco? Cool! Thanks for the info Amidala Starkiller. We look forward to meeting your group.

TFF- how many of us plan on going down Friday? Do we have a hotel in mind? Or should we just fend for ourselves?

Ice Queen

9. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    I am trying to knock down some of that I say we caravan down ( I have a big VAN ) and all try and stay at the same Motel. I said this at the meeting I will and have slept in a bathtub before and will do it again to save money and keep the group togehter in the same motel. I HATE when groups get split up at this kinda thing. (EdgeFest)

10. Icarus_apex

Icarus_apex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I'm with you Otto, (though I don't think that van of yours will accomodate this loud and rowdy group, no matter the size) I think it would be best to take as few vehicles down as possible and stay at the same place, for organization's sake, as well as to keep cost down. Heck, I'm still trying to scrape enough dough together just to be able to go.

Oh, and don't even get me started on edgefest. ARRGH!!! the horror the horror!!

11. darthwalls

darthwalls Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Hey Guys! Just letting you know that JediOKC will be heading down also. Hope to see you there!

12. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    I think it would be so cool to be able to just rent a 30' RV for the weekend. We could mount a Stormtrooper helmet on the grill and do our own "Star Wars Road Rules" show. I did some looking into the idea, but it looks like the best deal going is $175 per day + fuel, which would probably run at least $100 - $150 for the whole weekend. All in all, with the extra .38 per mile for all miles over 200 each day, we would be looking at approximately $550 to keep it for the whole weekend. Divide that by 8 (the RV sleeps 6-8, plus Otto would have dibbs on the bathtub), you get almost $70 per person for transportation down there + 2 nights lodging (in the RV, of course).
    Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if some people found that to be too much. I would probably would have to agree with you.
    Plus, you still have to worry about food (the RV has a fridge, stove, microwave, Shower/tub, Extending Dining area [that means it pops out of the side of the RV when the vehicle isn't on the road] and 2 TVs)and the tix to get in the convention.

HOWEVER, if everyone else is game, I think I would be also. "Think" doesn't mean I'm ready to pay a deposit. I just think it sounds damn cool. It might be something to think about doing for a convention further down the road. Just an idea to ponder.

Let the ridiculing begin! 8-}

13. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    *Imagines shacking up with Otto, Barry and BDK..* well that right there is 5 and a half people, i don't think one RV will work.

I AM EVIL!!!

14. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Okay, as much as I love you guys...I am not going to be sharing anything with any of you. And Jakies little ideas does sound like fun, but it would be a little to cramped for me. I like my space, my privicy and my own bath tub!!! I have been saving up for awhile for this trip, so I plan on being comfortable. Now of course, if something happens down there and someone needs to crash with me, that is of course acceptible. I was planning on getting a double occupancy just for that reason. Hell, I'm not even sure if I want to stay in the same hotel as the rest of you people! ;) The last time I went down, SOMEONE came knocking very late and THEN made little comments about what I wear to bed!!! That's not going to happen again. We stayed at the Red Roof Inn and it was pretty reasonilbe. They did kinda jack with us, and we had to switch rooms, but I will put up with a lot for the cheap prices. Any other ideas? Also, what is the web site for the show? I want to try and find out the dates.

Ice Queen

15. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    I think bathing in a bath tub Otto was sleeping in is self defeating... hehehe

Gotta love the Otto.

16. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    [face_laugh] Gotta love the Ottoman! Just as long as he stays out of my bath tub that is!

Ice Queen

17. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Ok, I would like it if possible to stack in a room with just Mike2, since we are married and all!!! I don't know if I would feel comforted with other man in there too, but then again!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.