main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA October SFFF meeting changed to the Sunday, the 12th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Alright everyone, looks like we'll meet up at the Metreon 4th floor balcony on the 12th, which is a Sunday. This is due to there being an event every saturday this month. Regardless, does noon 12pm sound good? I think I hear some people want to go see Kill Bill afterwards? So that's about it for now. More news to follow.

2. weejoe

weejoe Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2003
    Can I come?

3. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    Thats silly...

4. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Can I get a ride? (You know who you are)

5. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    M'kay. Bill will be almost killed!

I'll be there of course. Any opportunity to see Sonny Chiba and Gordon Liu in action again.

"So let it be written, So let it be done."

6. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    I have no say in the matter...IM taking the muni cuz gas is killing my pockets...see u all there...

7. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I'll be driving there, even though gas is not only killing my pockets, but also my...anyway, if anyone wants to carpool and chip in for gas, let me know. I MAY have to leave a little early though, to pick up a few things in the city before the meeting. As for "Kill Bill", I'll post the showtimes by Wednesday evening.

8. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Chanel, gimme a call at your earliest convenience. Unless you just want me to e-mail, which would be okay, but possibly long... Let me know. :)

9. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    mmmmkay...calling...

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Kill Bill: 2:20 pm show. Sound good? You can pay me for advance discount tix at the Metreon Anime Festival the day before.

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Just in case can you give us the next showing too? 2:20 should be ok but we gotta start asap and cut the extraneous chatter. No offense, we usually end up having like 50 tangents all at once. We'll start at 12:00pm anyone late will just have to read updates on the boards or be briefed by someone else.

Agendas & Announcements (not in any particullar order):
    -A new club in the neighbhorhood intro.
    -SFFF Council formation and possible nominations
    -New voting and "registration" processes and procedures.
    -Chanel's Halloween Block Party and logistics of making it happen without calling in the National Guard. ;)
    -Club name re-vote
    -Alex's standard list of events and stuff.
    -Nominations for City Rep
    -Miscellanous club things I may be forgetting right now...

Anything else please post here or start a new thread for specific announcments.

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    There's a 4:10 show and the next at 5:20.

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    4:10 that give us 4 hours to play with. I think that would work best unless we want to rush the meeting to try for the 2:20. I'd would say let's play it by ear, but since it's opening weekend the tickets would prob sellout...? I'd say we shoot for 4:10pm that way we won't have to rush and can get lunch or whatever. Is that cool for Kill Bill everyone? I'll take a ticket and can I pay you at the meeting day Matt? I most likely won't be at the anime festival, but do say hello to Doug for me. :)
    Anyway, firstly what do people think: 2:20 or 4:10? I'm ok with anytime.

14. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    I vote for 4:10...cuz I need my time in the arcade!

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I like 4:10 for a lesser rushed pace.

16. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Can I come to the meeting? I will need directions from BART and which BART station to get off at and what bus to take to the Metreon. I'll be coming from Walnut Creek BART.

17. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    You will need to get off at the Powell St station and walk down a block or so to Mission and Fourth.

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    The 4:10 show sounds good. I'd say you get there early, and buy your ticket right away, before it gets sold out, then go to the fourth floor terrace for the meeting.

19. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Okay, I'll try get there early then. Anne! Hey there, we'd be honored if you'd joined us. :) Stop at the Powell St. Bart Station and the Metereon is one block away as Harlock said. You can see the Metereon from the corner the Old Navy is near the Powell Bart stop so it's very close.

Alright, so noon on the 4th floor terrace, looks like we're good to go.

20. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Thanks, guys! See ya there!

21. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    I probably wont go to the movie whith you guys...Im coming from Sonoma with Obi Juan & Johnny B so we will be tired from this weekends event. We might even get there around 1pm....we'll see ya there!

22. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    Summary of the 10/12 meeting:

Nominations for SFFF's Jedi Council:
    -Obi Juan (Alex)
    -Jedi_Tekken (Ming)
    -Harlock415 (Robert)
    -Jed_Head1 (Matt)
    -DarthVader79 (Erick)

Names for SFFF:
    San Francisco Fan Force
    San Francisco Alliance

To cast your vote please visit the polls here on the boards or on SFFF's yahoo group polls. Your vote will only count once & you must have attended a SFFF meeting. The results will be announced in November.

Also on a rather annoyed note. I have been tricked into being the City Rep for SFFF. But since I dont mind doing the job & it excludes me from the council duties...Im all for it.

All the positions will held for one year. Afterwards we will hold another election.

Also we would like to welsome Lady Sami J Kenobi to our humble group! Thank you so much for showing up & I hope we have not scared you off! WE hope to see you at future events! And we must get this lady a costume! MTFBWY!

PS. Dont forget to attend the party 10/25!

23. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Two corrections:

First: that's Jedi TENKEN. Tekken is a fighting game I've never played. Tenken means "Heaven's Sword", or someone with ultimate sword skill without prior training.

Second: It WAS SF Fan Force Alliance, look on my old posts. I don't know where you got San Francisco Alliance from. Actually it sounds better when you say it with a "The" in the front.

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Sorry if we kind of scared ya, Anne. We're all really innocent, sober, and almost cherub-like on a normal day. But when we get together, the midi-chlorian count in the room just gets so high that...well, you know. I agree that you SHOULD get a costume! What did Chanel say? Jedi librarian Jocasta Nu? That would be perfect! Speaking of our newly-appointed "ambassador", Chanel, you weren't tricked, its called "agreement due to lack of sleep".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.