main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN October's meeting of the Hoosier Alliance

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by NorvelleJedi05, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorvelleJedi05

NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2002
    How's everyone? Fine I hope.

I'm looking at holding a meeting on a Saturday. Let's say the second or third Saturday which would give me enough time so I can have new members to come. Time wise I'm looking at 8pm or sometime after 8pm.

Paul, Steve, Casey and Matt: I gave your contact info to Daniel Castro from the Indiana Daily Student. He should be contacting you soon.

I'm going to talk to Daniel and ask him when the feature article will be in the IDS. I'll keep everybody informed. :)

Remember to tell your friends about the Hoosier Alliance.

Also, the place for the October meeting of the Hoosier Alliance will be at my place. If anybody has any suggestions where else we can meet please post here. Thanks. :)

2. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    I'm going to be finalizing a date and time for the October general meeting today. Check back here soon. :D :D

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    When you get a day/time for your next meeting set...let me know, and I'll get it posted on Fanforce News!

If you need any help...give me a PM.

4. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    Sorry everyone I wished I had this figured out sooner but things started to get busy around here.

:) Okay. I'm going to use my backup date to hold a meeting.

Date: Monday, October 27th
    Time: 7:30 pm
    Place: Borders Book Store (Eastland Plaza, 2634 E. Third St.)

:) This is when the Star Wars book club meets this month.

:D However, at the meeting I'll be discussing the upcoming booksigning for James Luceno. Mr. Luceno is the author of the final book in the New Jedi Order series, The Unifying Force. Also, I'll be discussing the upcoming series on Cartoon Network, Clone Wars.

I hope to see everybody there.

5. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    Hey everyone. I've just noticed that we're mentioned in the Mid West Regional Events.

Tell everybody about the meeting this coming Monday. Thanks. :)

Krash: a big thank you for listing my meeting in the Mid West Regional Events. Thanks. :D

6. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
  7. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    Here is the Hoosier Alliance meeting notes for the month of October:

We had three people in attendance.

* GENERAL STUFF *

- club name ~ As it stands now the name, Hoosier Alliance sounds okay to everyone.

- general discussion ~ how to register on the fanforce boards for new members

* SIG (and others) STUFF *

- Bookclub: We talked about the New Jedi Order series.

8. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    Hoosier Alliance meeting notes cont.

Bookclub: It was agreed that the Star Wars Book Group will be temporiarily put on hold. However I'm going to change the 4th Monday of the month @ 7:30pm at Borders meeting to have as an alternative meeting day and time. The time will be for new members and anyone else who cannot attend the regular meeting time. If you want to talk about the New Jedi Order series books we can discuss that.

I'm going to focus more on the fanclub in general and less on special interest groups. :)

CONVENTIONS: Mike, Sarah and I discussed GenCon - Indy. GenCon - Indy is a science fiction / gaming convention. This year it was held late in July. GenCon has annouced its schedule for the next two years.

*** August 19-22, 2004 - GenCon - Indy 2004
    *** July 28-31 - GenCon - Indy 2005

---> Upcoming things to do:

===============================

Saturday, November 8th @ 2:00 PM (note time!!!)
    Talk & Signing
    Barnes & Noble #2933
    14709 US Hwy 31 North
    Carmel, IN 46032
    Phone: (317) 844-2501

While you're at the event, you can try to win a very limited-edition New Jedi Order baseball cap. Made of heavy-duty black brushed cotton with a brass buckle adjustment, the front of the cap sports the Star Wars: New Jedi Order logo embroidered in blue and white. This handsome cap will make you the envy of all the Imperial scum on your block.

All you have to do to win is answer a couple of New Jedi Order trivia questions...so start boning up now!

Runner up prizes: A special limited-edition Hasbro "Mace Windu" action figure with battle droid. (Yeah, we know it ain't NJO but Mace Windu is pretty cool anyway...)

Other happenings in November:

-- The Unifying Force, the final book in the New Jedi Order series, is released Nov. 4th.
    -- Clone Wars debuts on Cartoon Network Nov. 7th.

9. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    :) Things to think about in November:

~ movie outing to see Lord of the Rings: Return of the King in December

~ Christmas party

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.