main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Odd Kind Of Honeymoon - Luke/Mara - COMPLETE 24th March

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Knight_Aragorn, Dec 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was a wonderful ending. I was wondering at the beginning why Luke had taken her to Tatooine of all places on a honeymoon but your ending is so satisying and right that I feel like I've just been given a gift as well.

This just about says it all.
    He was offering her a gift, she realised. A huge gift, one that couldn?t be contained in possessions, that couldn?t be valued in credits. He was offering her his childhood, in effect, all the things that had shaped him and that remained a part of him, deep inside. He was giving her his past, freely and openly.

She didn?t even know if he was consciously aware of doing so. But it was a profoundly moving gift, to Mara. It couldn?t replace the neglect and coldness and pain of her childhood. It couldn?t undo the damage those years of misuse had inflicted. It couldn?t remove the scars of a child stolen and twisted and exploited.

But it did give her a vast sense of warmth, warmth that spread through her, warmth beyond temperature. That Luke could offer such a thing ? that he could know so intimately her heart, and easily and unreservedly lay open everything that was his if it could provide some comfort or reprieve ? it staggered Mara all over again to be loved by such a man.

Man, you can write Luke and Mara so perfectly. I'm just staggered by it. Bravo. And may you write many more. =D=

2. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    leiamoody: Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the story, especially if you're not a Mara fan (which I'm taking the Red Devil comment to indicate you're not...). I agree that it would be great to see the cut scenes from ANH resurrected in some form. Luke's past and Bigg's death at the end of the movie would have so much more meaning that way.

Thanks again for the feedback. :D

dianethx: Thank you! [:D] That means a lot, because I really wanted the ending to work. I had it in mind from almsot the very beginning, which is pretty rare for me, and I figured it could either make or break the story... As for writing more, I'll try, but DRL continues to get in the way. :p

Glad you enjoyed the story. Thanks for reading. :)

3. Prudence

Prudence Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    That scene of Luke and Mara watching the sunset almost made me cry.
    Just thought you should know. [face_love]

Beautiful ending for a great story! =D=

4. Jetta

Jetta Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2001
    Finally had a chance to read this all in one sitting. Wonderful fic featuring my two favorite characters. This was a fun, romantic, emotional, and pleasing story. :)

5. Knight_Aragorn

Jun 15, 2003
    Prudence: Well, tears are good. Sort of. :p Thank you very much for the feedback. :D

Jetta: Marathon reads are the best way to go, sometimes. ;) Thanks for taking the time to read through and reply. Glad you enjoyed the story. :)

6. Deja_Vu

Deja_Vu Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2002
    Wow. I love Tatooine, and while I usually don't read stuff where Luke and Mara are already married (I generally prefer the leading-up-to-marriage fics), this was absolutely amazing! I love everything that you did with this--the interaction, the places visited, the interconnectedness of it all...Great job! Simply splendid!

7. Knight_Aragorn

Jun 15, 2003
    Deja_Vu: I'm a bit of a fan of Tatooine myself, so doing research into the locations for this fic turned out to be more interesting than I expected. Glad you enjoyed the story. :D

8. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    I finally finished reading the story. It was absolutly wonderful. I love both Luke and Mara in this fic. You got them perfectly.

Good job =D=

jacky

9. Master_M_Sky

Master_M_Sky Jedi Master star 1

Aug 3, 2006
    Read the whole thing in one sitting, and I don't have a single complaint. It was beautiful. I really enjoyed it.

10. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    This was cool. I liked it. Thanks for writing it.

11. cupid7

cupid7 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 10, 2004
    A recent compliment from Jedi-2B reminded me how much I loved this story when I read it. And that I'd never commented. I must say, your descriptions of the desert are sheer poetry, a delight to read. Your comprehension, your precision, make me think you're a desert-dweller yourself, K-A! And the ending, when Mara realizes (at the same time as the reader) that Luke is giving her his childhood, was ingenious, and very moving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.