main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Odd Rules Question

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by PloKoon187, Aug 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PloKoon187

PloKoon187 Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2003
    Anyone have an answer for my problem?
    Darth Maul has his own icon. I believe this means he is NOT an Imperial and NOT an Alien. If that is correct, is there any way for me to drop a DM w/ Lightsabre and make him immune to attrition? I was thinking Vader's Cape, but that is Alien or Imperial only. Please post your thoughts...

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    If he doesn't have an Imperial or Alien icon, then you can't use cards that apply to Imperials or Aliens. The was a new icon introduced that describes him as Darth Maul.

3. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Easiest way is to use The Phantom Menace to make him immune to all attrition when with a Jedi.

4. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Only other option I can think of is to deploy him at <> Forest: "Your characters present here are immune to attrition."

5. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2003
    Ever since the new CCG cards came out from Ep 1 the game has ran into a lot of questions like this. I want to say that he is immune to attrition. I do not think that they have a new rule book for these Ep 1 cards. I hope that helps some.

6. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I don't think they have a book, but they have rule sheets out, and the rule for Maul says something to the effect of 'This is a new Darth Maul icon' I think if they wanted to make him an alien or any sort of affiliation they would have given him a double icon. Does it say he's an alien in the game text anywhere?

7. PloKoon187

PloKoon187 Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2003
    All in all it makes him like the Jedi Masters.... They are not aliens, EVEN though they really are aliens. So he's kinda denying his heritage since he became a sith.
    Just an odd thing that I was trying to resolve. Thanks for your suggestions, but I don't think that any of them will work in the deck I am planning on, using the EPP version of Maul. Glad to see people keep up on all this.

8. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Blue Squad Leader:

Why would you say he is immune to attrition? Clearly, on the gametext of DM w/ Saber, he has no immunity to attrition, like the rest of the "EPP" characters. All other version of Maul have immunity spelled out in their GT as normal.

Q99:

He is not an alien, he is Darth Maul. Basically, the various character types now are: Rebel, Imp, Alien, Droid, Republic, Jedi Master, Dark Jedi Master, Darth Maul.

9. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2003
    PloKoon187 beat me to it. If you read the post of PloKoon187 he says:

"All in all it makes him like the Jedi Masters.... They are not aliens, EVEN though they really are aliens. So he's kinda denying his heritage since he became a sith.
    Just an odd thing that I was trying to resolve. Thanks for your suggestions, but I don't think that any of them will work in the deck I am planning on, using the EPP version of Maul. Glad to see people keep up on all this."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.