main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Oddball, Random Tales from the Jedi Academy

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Exxaciel, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exxaciel

Exxaciel Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    None of these are really supposed to interfere with the true storyline, they're just what the title says: oddball, random fics. Original Characters galore.

2. Exxaciel

Mar 10, 2005

Kerra:

Kerra smiled. The TIE Fighter was as good as dead.
    ¡§Die Imperial scum.¡¨ She murmured and squeezed the trigger. That phrase was at least fifteen years old, but it was as popular now as it was then. The TIE erupted in a ball of flame, and then winked out.
    ¡§Woo-hoo!¡¨ Kerra whooped, throwing her fists in the air. She got her hands back on the steering unit just in time to avoid hitting a building. She sighed with relief and crashed headlong into a skyhook. Her A-wing burst into flame and¡K
    The sim exit opened, revealing Jedi Master and flight instructor Luke Skywalker.
    ¡§Kerra, what do you do when you¡¦re about to hit a building?¡¨
    ¡§Ummm¡K go up?¡¨
    Luke smiled, ¡§Exactly. Why?¡¨
    Kerra searched her brain, trying to remember. ¡§So you don¡¦t run into another building?¡¨
    ¡§And if you can¡¦t go up?¡¨
    ¡§¡¥Veer at a 90?a to 180?a angle,¡¨ Kerra said, quoting a textbook.
    ¡§Will you remember that next time?¡¨
    ¡§Yes, Master Luke.¡¨
    ¡§Good.¡¨ He strode away to inspect another student.

So'tec:

So¡¦tec yanked up on the stick, bringing the X-wing¡¦s nose up as she soared over a roiling ball of incandescent gas. ¡§Gotcha, sucker!¡¨ she yowled. A blip flickered on her scanners: next target.
    She wove her craft through the dogfight in pursuit. Upon recognizing just what she was after, she slowed. It was an X-1, a craft favored by¡K ¡§Oh vrrickkai.¡¨ She growled under her breath before chopping the throttle back up. If Anakin Skywalker wanted to play, then So¡¦tec would give him a game. Calming herself, she switched targets to a lone TIE at the edge of the dogfight. She played with it, missing her shot by just a hair, herding it towards the X-1. ¡§Easy, easy, c¡¦mon. That¡¦s a good TIE.¡¨ As her target crossed in front of Anakin¡¦s ship, she loosed two proton torpedoes, without waiting for the targeting reticle to go red. The first slammed up the TIE¡¦s engines, exploding in all its golden glory. The second kept going and going. It missed the X-1 by centimeters, but detonated anyway. The ship blew up. ¡§Woo- hoo! I did it! I did it!¡¨ Then the screen went blank, and the message ¡§Mission Failed: You Have Died.¡¨ flashed across it. ¡§Well, another vrrickkai.¡¨ So¡¦tec muttered, climbing out of the sim.
    ¡§Oh yes.¡¨ growled a voice.
    ¡§Busted.¡¨ thought So¡¦tec as she looked up at Anakin Skywalker himself. Another voice cut in.
    ¡§Dad, leave my apprentice alone, even if she did blow you up.¡¨
    ¡§Thank the Force for Luke Skywalker,¡¨ thought So¡¦tec. The elder Skywalker stalked off, muttering.
    ¡§How¡¦d you do it?¡¨ asked Jaina Solo, ¡§The only one who¡¦s ever beaten him in a simulator is Arianna Esdel, and that was in the backwash of a sonic grenade she was using to try and nail Khosolan!¡¨
    ¡§Her? She blew him up?¡¨ said So¡¦tec incredulously.
    ¡§Oh yeah. He and Khosolan turned right around and vaped her, but not until after she was promoted to ace. That Tranzitisri is wicked fast,¡¨ replied Jaina. Suddenly, an alarm blared. Everyone in the simulators scrambled out. Naroko Chiston, one of the visiting Jedi Knights, sprinted out of the room. Jaina sighed, ¡§Ari must be screwing around with the computer systems again.¡¨

Arianna:

Arianna grinned. Once again, she had succeeded in giving the computer so many simultaneous commands that it began blaring alarms right and left. Anakin would be hard put to fix it this time. Unfortunately, it was not him who opened the door, instead Ari¡¦s own Master stalked into the room. She winced. Busted.
    ¡§Ari¡K¡¨ Naroko began, ¡§what have I, Luke, Anakin, Carter, Mynah, Mariah/Kulamar, and General Hammond told you about overloading and/or destroying the computers? One of these days you will succeed in wrecking the life support systems or engine controls on a ship, and then you¡¦ll be in serious trouble. If I weren¡¦t a Jedi, I might destroy you personally. But of course, I can¡¦t do that. I can, however, threaten you with dire consequences¡K¡¨
    ¡§And if I weren¡¦t your Padawan, you would enact those consequences?¡¨

3. Exxaciel

Mar 10, 2005
    Feel free to post your own short, oddball, randon stories from the Academy here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.