main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ODDS in Insider 87 (Controversial Issues Abound)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by razzy1319, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarKiller_Outrider

StarKiller_Outrider Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2006
    Well for one him accusing me of bashing and flaming him when I wasn?t. Him not replying to any points raised against his per determined conclusion. Him just starting over. Him acting insulted when my opinion was different then his and demanding I respect his opinion because it was his opinion.
    Really lets look at it because I have it saved in my word file. Normally I erase it after posting but because it was my last one of yesterday I just left it in file.

?Concession gladly accepted Troll.? Ok, Edit: ?Concession gladly accepted?. I don?t see how the edited sentence is rather condescending. Is it the word ?gladly?. If you wanted you could have taken that out also.
    Second edit ?Concession accepted again good by troll.? Ok, Edit: ?Concession accepted again good by?. I am embarrass that I put by and not bye. But I don?t see what wrong with the whole sentence.
    Last edit ?Yes, LFL NEGD rectons Odds. I know you don?t like that fact so bye troll.? Edit ?Yes, LFL NEGD rectons Odds. I know you don?t like that, so bye ?. I edited out Fact and Troll. But besides that its an ok sentence. It appears that only 4 words needed to be removed to avoid implied baiting.

2. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    >>>Did I. I didn?t write it in a inflammatory manner. So was your editing out my taking his concession baiting because it was not necessary. <<<

I don't know you're intent, but it looked inflamatory. Drop it.

>>>Ok, it was trolling. Thanks. So my calling him a troll was right just not in the way I implied inflammatory manner, Ok. Thanks for letting me know. <<<

Barely trolling, and the only reason I say that is because of a few unnecessary comments. You're doing more trolling right now than he was.

>>>Him not replying to point raised and just starting over. He wasn?t even really trying to debate. If that not baiting and trolling I don?t know what is. My definition of a troll also includes spamming. Also his accusing everyone of bashing him and flaming him was trollish. Since no one was. Except for my implied baiting at the end. <<<

He was making his point, maybe not very well, but it wasn't trolling. Saying that he's being bashed may approach a persecution-complex sort of trolling, but its not anything major and from the way you guys jump on newcomers, I understand it.

>>>?Concession gladly accepted Troll.? Ok, Edit: ?Concession gladly accepted?. I don?t see how the edited sentence is rather condescending. Is it the word ?gladly?. If you wanted you could have taken that out also.
    Second edit ?Concession accepted again good by troll.? Ok, Edit: ?Concession accepted again good by?. I am embarrass that I put by and not bye. But I don?t see what wrong with the whole sentence.
    Last edit ?Yes, LFL NEGD rectons Odds. I know you don?t like that fact so bye troll.? Edit ?Yes, LFL NEGD rectons Odds. I know you don?t like that, so bye ?. I edited out Fact and Troll. But besides that its an ok sentence. It appears that only 4 words needed to be removed to avoid implied baiting. <<<

"good by" can also be taken as insulting. Its a public forum, nobody has to leave. Also, if he's giving a concession, you don't need to accept it---that sounds like unnecessary gloating. We allow it, but its on the edge.

3. StarKiller_Outrider

May 8, 2006
    No to what. ?Other Mods have told me before that its ok to be border line insulting before and its ok.? This (it was DP4M by the way) or ?So my supposed baiting was more obvious to his border insulting baiting. I?ll try to be more border line baiting in the future? This. Please be more clear what you mean.
    I understand that. It went on for about two days before you came in and edit my post and gave only me a warning. The other 2 mods did nothing.
    I?ll do that in the future. But I was wondering why you didn?t give JediWampa a warning at the time. Not until you told me you did that behind the screen did I find out.

4. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    >>>No to what. ?Other Mods have told me before that its ok to be border line insulting before and its ok.? This (it was DP4M by the way) or ?So my supposed baiting was more obvious to his border insulting baiting. I?ll try to be more border line baiting in the future? This. Please be more clear what you mean. <<<

I appologize for my lack of clarity. I meant no to the "I?ll try to be more border line baiting in the future." Stay away from the bashing border please.

>>>I understand that. It went on for about two days before you came in and edit my post and gave only me a warning. The other 2 mods did nothing.
    <<<

I could have banned you, since you've been given other warnings before, but I decided to give you a chance. ;)

Reasoning for the editing? I got some complaints (from multiple posters, so don't go blaming one person) on your postings, and that post was the most obvious and most recent which looked insulting. I can't say anything for the other two mods; if they come by and say that I was wrong, I will admit my error.

>>>I?ll do that in the future. But I was wondering why you didn?t give JediWampa a warning at the time. Not until you told me you did that behind the screen did I find out. <<<

I PMed him about it when I edited your post. Maybe I should have told him publicly, but I figured that that's why I put that bold, reddish post right after yours. ;)

5. StarKiller_Outrider

May 8, 2006
    Ok, I did cover this in more depth in another post. So I will obey you order.
    How, I?m answering your questions and your answering mine. JediWampa was not. I always reply to post addressed to me. Its being polite.
    Which was he liked the 3 million number. Then I would try to debate him and give counter evidence. Then he would state he liked the 3 million number. Again and again. But he did add he had secret info that he wont talk about. At the end.
    He just started over. He could have saved us all a lot of time if he did one post and left. It would have been the same results. Since he did not debate.
    So he was persecution-complex sort of trolling. Ok. We didn?t jump on him. He stated his opinion. I said mine and evidence. Then he acted offended and started over. It also appears he didn?t read any of the before debates.

6. StarKiller_Outrider

May 8, 2006
    Is baiting bashing. Baiting is trying to get someone to insult you so they are banned. Bashing is personally insulting someone which will get them banned. I didn?t know that. I have been baited before and noted it in my past posted. No mods have ever made any note of it in the past.
    Thanks, I hope I have explained what happened well. By the way. How do you keep track of warnings. Is it in a file some were or do you just remember.
    Thank you for talking to me about this. It appears to be your style of just erasing everything and saying ?No?. Which can be very confusing if you don?t remember what you wrote. No I think you were right to edit 4 words out of my post. Its just you took everything out.
    Yes, but by you just publicly giving me a warning. It looked like you endorsed JediWampa. Which it appears you are not. You could have just put a ?and you two JediWampa? next to my warning and I would have been fine it.

7. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    >>>How, I?m answering your questions and your answering mine. JediWampa was not.<<<

What you're (well, we're) doing getting this thread off topic, and is unnecessary to the debate. No, you're not truly trolling, but then again Jedi Wampa wasn't either.

>>>I always reply to post addressed to me. Its being polite. <<<

This could go on for a very long time then. :p Lets try to wrap this up in the next few posts, before we drag this thread way off topic, ok? :)

>>>So he was persecution-complex sort of trolling. Ok. We didn?t jump on him. He stated his opinion. I said mine and evidence. Then he acted offended and started over. It also appears he didn?t read any of the before debates. <<<

[face_laugh]

There are over two thousand posts on this thread---over half of which are quote marathons. Yes, he could have benefited from reading through some of the thread, but we shouldn't fault him for it.

>>>Is baiting bashing. Baiting is trying to get someone to insult you so they are banned. Bashing is personally insulting someone which will get them banned. I didn?t know that. I have been baited before and noted it in my past posted. No mods have ever made any note of it in the past. <<<

Dangit! I meant baiting! Sorry, typo. :oops:

>>>Thanks, I hope I have explained what happened well. By the way. How do you keep track of warnings. Is it in a file some were or do you just remember. <<<

Each user has a written record of their warnings, bannings, etc.

>>>Thank you for talking to me about this. It appears to be your style of just erasing everything and saying ?No?. Which can be very confusing if you don?t remember what you wrote. No I think you were right to edit 4 words out of my post. Its just you took everything out. <<<

Yes, and I appologize for any confusion I have caused. In the future I'll try to be more "surgical" in my edits. I hold nothing against you for your questions; feedback is appreciated. :)

>>>Yes, but by you just publicly giving me a warning. It looked like you endorsed JediWampa. Which it appears you are not. You could have just put a ?and you two JediWampa? next to my warning and I would have been fine it. <<<

Right, I should have named names. Next time I'll be more direct.

[hr]

OK, here's the final standing, in my estimation: you (StarKiller_Outrider) were mildly baiting JediWampa by calling him a troll and telling him goodbye. He (JediWampa) was mildly trolling by not replying to specific posts aimed at him, and may or may not have had a "persecution-complex." (Personally, I think he's just not used to how strongly you guys argue your point in this thread; TF.N is usually more laid-back.) Both of you have been warned to behave. I've edited one of you're posts, and in the future I'll try to be more vigilant, and to watch what I edit out of the post. Also, I will try to be more clear and direct when a problem appears.

Are we fine with this?

8. StarKiller_Outrider

May 8, 2006
    Really, I thought saying good bye when someone just said that they were leaving was just being polite. Oh, my gosh. I?ve been insulting people all my life. Thanks for letting me know. What would be a good replacement to ?good bye? maybe ?See yea?. I don?t think that?s insulting. Now looking at what I just wrote could be taken as sarcasm. Which I don?t intend to do and wrote state.
    I don?t make him leave. I didn?t even ask him to leave. I only said ?See yea? after he said he was leaving.
    Really, I do it out of politeness. To let them know they conceded and to let them correct it if it was an accident. Also it makes it easer to know what topics are being resolved and dropped.
    That?s weird. I?ve never been on a board were asking or taking a Concision was ?on the edge? of getting banned.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Its just that his baiting went on for more then one page so I thought it was Oked by the modes. You know endorsement by omission. <<<

There is no such unwritten endorsement- as RF pointed out, we can't be everywhere all the time.

>>It went on for about two days before you came in and edit my post and gave only me a warning. The other 2 mods did nothing.<<

If one Mod takes action, there's generally no reason for efforts to be duplicated. Much as we can't be everywhere all the time, there's certainly no reason for us to be in palces at the same time- that's why we have multiple Mods for better coverage.

However, if, in the future, you'd prefer to recieve your warnings and other disciplinary actions in triplicate from multiple mods, I'm sure we can arrange something [face_mischief]

Now, this debate has sidelined this thread's discussion (and yes, I realize the numbers debate is sorta already sidelining things, but you get my meaning ;) ), so please take any further concerns over this issue to PM's or to Communications please.

10. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    >>>Really, I thought saying good bye when someone just said that they were leaving was just being polite. Oh, my gosh. I?ve been insulting people all my life. Thanks for letting me know. What would be a good replacement to ?good bye? maybe ?See yea?. I don?t think that?s insulting. Now looking at what I just wrote could be taken as sarcasm. Which I don?t intend to do and wrote state. <<<

Sarcasm? What's that? :confused: :p

Since internet message boards do not convey tone of voice, I could not tell whether you were saying goodbye in a good-natured way, or were saying it in such a manner that it would sound insulting. If it was meant in politeness, I appologize, but I edited it out just in case.

>>>I don?t make him leave. I didn?t even ask him to leave. I only said ?See yea? after he said he was leaving. <<<

It could be interpreted as a brush-off and therefore insulting. I erred on the side of caution in my edits.

>>>Really, I do it out of politeness. To let them know they conceded and to let them correct it if it was an accident. Also it makes it easer to know what topics are being resolved and dropped. <<<

In all fairness, it doesn't sound polite from where I'm sitting. But that just be another case of the internet not being able to convey proper tone and inflection. Their context with the accusatory "troll" was enough to make me edit the entire sentence.

>>>That?s weird. I?ve never been on a board were asking or taking a Concision was ?on the edge? of getting banned.<<<

I don't speak for the other mods, but many of the times I read "concession accepted" (from other posters too, not just you) it sounds condescending and/or gloating, and unnecessary, especially in the context of a heated or potentially heated debate. Therefore it is my opinion that such comments really don't need to be made. But I will allow them, because there are not rules against them as far as I know.

11. StarKiller_Outrider

May 8, 2006
    Oh, sorry. You could have just said that we were going off topic.
    Ok, that?s true. You editing old post and me replying to them though me off also. You have a strange style of posting if you don?t mind me saying.
    Are you saying we should have told him we have been over this and read all of the thread. I think I mentioned it to him once. But he never replied. So I don?t know if he did it on prepuce.
    Its ok. I do it all the time.
    Oh, ok. I had no idea.
    I appreciate you replying to me. Thanks for explaining I feel a lot better about it.
    True, or since you were editing my reply to JedIWampa just said you two nock it off. That way we both would have known what you meant.
    I?m cool with that. Thanks for your time. You don?t have to reply to this if you d

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.