main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Chance Encounters: Cloak & Daggers { COMPLETED* } Now with a message.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL, Oct 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Tell me what you honestly think. Though if you must be nasty, at least be polite.

Help to the Readers:

After the success of page posting on other reputable threads, I have decided to follow suit. Therefore I have made available to the readers the page numbers, with corresponing links, which actually contain story and not the sometimes humorous anecdotal conversations that have aided in deeming a few of us a little more than addle-minded.

The pages are:

1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 10 13 15 16 20 21 22 24 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 39 40 41 42 44

Cloak and Daggers

The room was crowded with many young men and women who had come to the reunion. To the
    left, some of the older veterans had shown up stood watching their younger counterparts. A rugged looking man entered the giant hall through the double doors on the far side of the room, slowly walking towards them while catching some of the conversations as he past by.

"...the warehouse ended up being protected by a batch of probe droids, we all had a hell of a time taking them out......"

"....so what?s the worst place you ever got stationed?....."

He slowly made his way past the ones who seemed to him to be commandoes. "Scum," Katarn thought. "Always taking the credit, when all they do is make a lot of noise and ransack targets."
    He passed a few pilots as they made their way to the bar. He bumped into one. He seemed a bit familiar, but he couldn't place him.

"Sorry. Di

2. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    Shameless upping of my own story thread. On page three should this not be.

Opinions? Anyone? *sighs*

3. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Great start! And yet another fic to keep track of. It's a hard life. :)

4. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Good start, let me help this back up. :)

5. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    Here is the next part.... again all comments are welcome.

Cloak and Daggars

Horn got up to refill the drinks for the others at their table. He made his way to the bar to order the next round. As he was ordering he noticed Solo leaving a booth at the back of the room. He shrugged. As he turned back towards the bar he saw another old Rogue. Myn Donos sitting on the landing by the ornate railing, the one time sniper in the Corellian Armed Forces. They nodded
    to each other. Corran made a gesture for Donos to come over to the table, Donos politely shook his head motioning to his lady friend who had just come to sit with him. Corran grinned and picked up the drink tray to go back to the table.

He dropped off a few credits at the end of the bar. As he rounded the bend to get to the table he was thrown backwards to the floor by a group of youngish looking men fighting. The tray flew from his hands, the glasses shattering as they hit the floor, spilling the drinks all over.

Before he could get up the group of miscreants had already thrown a number of punches stepping on him as though he wasn?t even there.

?Well this isn?t going too well,? Horn thought to himself adding up the number of men to be about 6 or 7 of them in total.
    He grabbed at one of the men to steady himself while he got up. All that did was earn him a swift kick in the shin and knee. He swore to himself. As he started to walk away he bumped into a few more of the men on both sides of the fight. At that point the miscreants had drawn blasters and were pointing them at each other. Some now were pointing at him.

Horn began to reach for his issue but stopped halfway when one of the blasters got shoved to his face. This action by the man brought 7 or 8 blasters out of their holsters from the table the Rogues were seated at. All pointed at the group, half at the man with the blaster in Corran?s face.

?Back away,? said Wes Janson in his uncommonly authoritative voice.

The room hushed to an eery silence. Broken by the distinctive sound of the coking of a high powered riffle on the landing. The man?s eyes spared a glance in the direction of the noise.

?Your move,? came Myn Donos? words, spoken with an icy focused calm.

All people in the room froze.

Save one, walking towards the group from a table at the back with slow measured foot steps.

6. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    more shameless upping of my own thread

7. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
  8. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    ?Your move,? came Myn Donos? words, spoken with an icy focused calm.

LOL! Would you? I wouldn't. Not with Myn on THAT side of the rifle. ;)

9. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Great start!!

10. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    yet even more shameless upping of my own thread.

11. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    "Upping"? What is this "upping" that you speak of?

12. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Upping occurs when someone posts a message to a fic, like I'm doing now. The whole thread gets a boost to the first place in the main list of stories. See it as self-advertisement. More people get to see/read it when it's on page 1 instead of page 10. It's like a paper. You always see the headlines, but are you interested in what's on page 10? No, not really. So, that's what 'upping' means. :)

13. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    Thanks. I was kidding tho. I was just finding an excuse to up the fic. [face_clown]

14. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Are telling me I went out of my way to explain something that didn't need explaining? How wude. :)

15. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    Don't worry boys, more story will be posted soon.

*walks away, shaking his head at Fodoh and Eld.*

16. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
  17. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
  18. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    More of the story. With an unexpected jump of character. All comments welcome.

Cloak and Daggers

Downstairs, the building was bustling with activity. People going every which way, paying little to no attention to others they had passed by. In sharp contrast to the drab Coruscant exterior, this building contained beautiful high ceilings, and walls covered in artworks both real and simulated.

?Reminds me of Grand Admiral Thrawn,? thought Baron Fel as he walked towards the security checkpoint. ?Security seems a bit tight, considering this reunion.?

When he approached the security desk, a uniformed officer stepped forward. Fel pulled on the sides and waist of his heavy overcoat, loosening it to give himself a wider range of movement.

?Papers please,? said the officer in a no-nonsense sort of way.

?Of course,? said Fel, reaching into his coat.

?Ah!? said one of the guards at the side of the desk, holding up his blaster.

Fel ignored the comment as he pulled out his other identification documents. ?Why the heightened sense of alert?? he asked the officer.

?We?ve had reports of an unfolding incident upstairs. We?re sending up a squad,? replied the security officer. ?Your papers all seem to be in order. Are you headed for the reunion upstairs? If you are, I would recommend that you wait a little while longer before going up. We still don?t know what is going on and we can't vouch for your safety if you do decide to go up.?

?Thank you for the information. I?ll be on my way,? said Fel as he walked past the checkpoint towards the lift.

?Wait!? said the officer.

19. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Oooh...he's in it too! :)

20. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    This thread is in need of a reload button. Now, I had it somewhere...lemme see...

21. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Nope..sorry. That was a "reply" button. Oops.

22. roguemage

roguemage Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2000
    I just read all of this. It is wonderful. Absolutely amazing.

Are you doing this by yourself, or does someone edit it for you?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Papers please."
    "Ah, of course. Egyptian Mail, MorningEdition. Just finished reading it myself. --run-- ."

23. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Corran's in this??? Well, post more so I can find out what happens!!!

24. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    Yea! New readers.

Thanks lonewolf89. Corran will be back soon.

Hehe. I forgot where I got the idea for the "Papers please" line. Thanks for the reminder roguemage.

More story to arrive shortly.

25. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    Well, I'm here so I might as well up my own thread again. If anyone has any sugestions just PM me or send an email to:

rogue_mage_327@yahoo.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.