Beyond Of Farmboys and Dancing Ewoks- A Viggie (Luke/Mara/Ben)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaded Skywalker, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    This was in response to the viggie-contest for SJRS-Skywalker-Jade Revival Society. Just some nice fluff, simple and cute.

Enjoy!

Of Farmboys and Dancing Ewoks

"Honey, did you ever find those socks," Mara Jade Skywalker called out from the baby room. She sighed as she lifted Ben from his prison of white, wooden bars and soft blankets. He squealed in delight as one of his pudgy hands caught a dancing Ewok hanging over his crib. The movement of the small baby?s jerk started the toy, and Mara was blessed to hear "The Ewoks? Birthday Celebration" song again. For the one hundred and twelfth time.

"Come on, Ben, no Ewoks right now. We need to get you ready for bed," she whispered, half to herself, and half to the cooing child as she placed his wriggling body onto the soft mat of the changing table.

She looked down at Ben, seeing innocence radiate in those gray eyes. There was not a dull fade in those glistening grays. Every moment, every second, was a new discovery for the young boy. And Mara rejoiced in it all the same.

"All right, you angel, here?s how it is going to work," she said to Ben in a sing-song voice. She gently ran a hand through his blond hair, causing him to smile and wet his chin with dribbling drool. "We do this every time. Here you are, looking like the little angel you are." She bent down and used her sleeve to wipe his wet chin. Kissing his cheek, she allowed her face to linger a little bit longer upon his smooth skin. She smiled, and in doing so, laughed lightly. Her breath tickled his cheek and he wiggled all the more stronger.

"Oh, but you don?t fool me, Skywalker. You farmboys are all the same," she laughed, coming up and peering down at the child once more, "you give off the impression of being innocent, but underneath it all, I see the hidden scoundrel."

Ben looked up at her, his gray eyes blazing and his mouth contorted in what she took as a ?farmboy smile?.

"You?ll be like your father yet. But, as I was saying? you look nice? but when I? try to change you out of your clothes? you make such a fuss-," she said, trailing off as she bit her lip and dove in. Ben instantly saw the approaching onslaught and let out a great wail that penetrated Mara?s deep eardrums with alarming accuracy. As her hands maneuvered around his squirming body, his legs kicked furiously and a hand caught a bit of her hair, causing Mara to cry out slightly.

"Now we?re playing dirty, I see how it works," she mockingly scowled.

"You know us farmboys. Innocence can only work for so long. Then you have to get dirty," a voice came from behind her. She felt a warm breath on her neck and she could see the farmboy smile glowing upon his face without even turning.

"Well," she said as she wrestled Ben?s arm from one sleeve, "I hate to say it, but your innocent charm just ran out. And it?s your turn to get dirty. I think Benny-wenny wants you to finish helping him get into his night clothes," she said in a chiding voice, as a coy smile painted her face.

She turn around and gave Luke a quick kiss on the cheek.

"But I really think he needs his dearest mother at this time of great need," he responded with mock sadness, as his lower lip quivered.

"He?ll be in an even greater need when he finds himself without a father," she joked, giving Luke a gentle punch in the arm. He feigned pain and rolled his cerulean eyes at Mara, as he cringed at the sight of a half-undressed Ben, flailing about the changing table as if his life depended on it.

"I?ll find those socks," she smiled, kissing Luke on the cheek before exiting the room.

Luke looked down at the wriggling child. Ben watched his mother leave the room and his kicking became all the more ferocious as he spotted his father rolling up his sleeves, preparing for battle.

"Come on, short-stuff, time for the big change. I?m ready, I?ve got my defenses," he said to Ben as he jokingly cracked his knuckles above the table. "And what weapons do you chose today?"

Ben looked at Luke. For a second that spanned a li
  2. EmilieDarklighter Jedi Master

star 4
    LONG LIVE THE SKYWALKER-JADE REVIVAL SOCIETY!

Great job, Jaded. Though this isn't exactly the way I had it planned to be posted, that has to be my fault cuz I went and got myself grounded with no time to organize things. This is great!

So cute.

HAPPY SWEET SIXTEEN TO ME!
  3. Jedi_Liz Chosen One

star 6
  4. Gabri_Jade VIP

VIP
    star 5
    *giggles* My brother went through that stage when he was a baby. Force, but it was noisy... :p

Nice job, Jaded! That's adorable how Mara called Ben 'Skywalker', and I always love it when Luke calls Mara that. Wonderful to see them actually having a family moment with Ben. It makes me so sad to see them separated from him so often in the profic, just as Han and Leia were from their children.... *sniffs* Of course, that only makes fanfic all the more valuable. :)

EDIT: Oh sweet Force, look at the matching icons.... [face_laugh] Thank goodness that at least Jaded has something different. :D
  5. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Emmi- HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMI! I guess this is one of the best b-day presents I could give you- a L/M viggie. Hope you had a great day! :) Yeah, sorry about that little mix-up. I figured no one else really did the contest so I just decided to post this up. And sorry about you getting grounded. ;) Thanks a lot!

Liz- Thanks!

Gabri- Aren't those moments just so rare? I really wish they didn't have to hurry Ben off in the NJO right after his birth. Robs a lot of creative and intricate potential of the whole Skywalker family development.

And Force I know! I showed up today and was swarmed with a sea of Jade icons! Very nice though- a lot better than the other ones. I think I'll keep my contemplating Lukie for now though. :)
  6. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Cute story.

Here's another Luke icon to match up with all the Maras. ;)
  7. obaona Force Ghost

star 4
    That was so adorable! *giggles* Very good job, I'm glad I checked SJRS! :D :D :D

Ben was adorable, and I loved how you had Luke and Mara handle him.

:)
  8. Eowyn_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh my that was like beyond cute! ahhh...not many L/M stories out there...we got to catch them while we can, and yours was an excellent catch Jaded :D

EJ
  9. Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    "Well," she said as she wrestled Ben?s arm from one sleeve, "I hate to say it, but your innocent charm just ran out. And it?s your turn to get dirty. I think Benny-wenny wants you to finish helping him get into his night clothes," she said in a chiding voice, as a coy smile painted her face. That was such a funny, great viggie! I absolutely loved it and was cracking up! Just wondering, has anyone else noticed the love of the new Mara icon? EVERYONE has it and I noticed that and was going to change mine, but I like this one too much. :D
  10. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    RM- Thanks, and yes- I think our icons are very nice, yet greatly outnumbered here. Too few Lukies to go around... ;)

obaona- Ah, thanks! I loved writing baby Benny- I modeled him after my new baby cousin. Thanks a lot!

EJ- I know, L/M stories are rare now that the NJO love triangle (J/J/K) has taken hold of many fanfic writers. I'm glad to add to the few that exist though! Thanks a lot! Oh- and I like your icon too. ;)

Jaina-Solo-Fel13- More Mara icons! Ahhh! No, just kidding. I love the new icon- the more the better. And I am glad you got a few laughs out of this ol' thing. Thanks a lot!

11. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
  12. astrowoman Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thank you, Jaded! I really enjoyed waking up to this today. I too loved Mara calling little Ben "Skywalker," and especially loved her saying "You farmboys are all the same." So sweet! :)

I also thought Luke was pretty clever, calling Ben a "sneaky little Rebel."

You put such great lines in their mouths! Thanks for the treat. :D

Astro
  13. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Jilly- Thanks!

astro- Ahhh, thanks! I am glad I could make your morning a better one. :) And yes, Skywalkers and farmboys are personal favorites of mine. Just so fitting when put together. Glad you liked it! :)
  14. joy_noel Jedi Knight

star 1
    I loved this! :D You can never have enough Luke and Mara fluff. Especially when Ben is included. Thanks for sharing.
  15. SeventhMoon Jedi Knight

star 1
    WAI! ;_; Wonderful! *wipes tears of joy from eyes*

Dastardly cute story...! There's never enough Luke/Mara to go around...moo, I wonder how I could've been gone from all these for such a long time....
  16. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    joy_noel- Ah, thanks! Glad I am can contribute to the L/M fandom. :)

SeventhMoon- Hehe, wipe away those tears! Thanks a bunch!
  17. Rivad_Bacar Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh my! Quite a lot of Mara clones running around here...

Cute story Jaded! :D
  18. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Rivad! And congrats on the engagement! :D
  19. Rivad_Bacar Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thank you! I am admitadly still giddy at the prospect! [face_love]
  20. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, I bet it will be wonderful, Rivad.

One last uppsies!
  21. Rivad_Bacar Jedi Knight

star 2
    If the planning doesn't drive me insane first!!!

Rivad thinks for a bit...

No, wait! I'm already insane! does that mean I could be driven NORMAL!!?? NOOOOOO!!! ;)

Up!
  22. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    You never know Rivad... this is one crazy world we live in. ;)
  23. Soulwalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hahahaha, that was hilarious, hehe. :D

Very nice. :)
  24. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Soulwalker- Thanks, glad I could give you a laugh. :D
  25. Bellyup Jedi Master

star 4
    Awww....that was so sweet!! I loved the paralells between changing a baby and Rebel fighting maneuveres--too funny! [face_laugh] And the mush was good too. The ending also, was great! Really complete and perfect little piece here! :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.