main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Of Her Own Making (Bad to the Bone challenge) one-shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi Trace, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Title: Of Her Own Making
    Author: Jedi Trace
    Timeframe: Legacy comics
    Characters: That would be spoilery ;)
    Genre: Vignette, drama, AU
    Notes: Written for the ?Bad to the Bone? Halloween challenge in the Over 30 Writer?s Club: Take a Star Wars character and write an AU where this person has gone bad. Jedi, pilot, princess or pirate use your creativity to portray a canon personality in all their evil glory.

Deliah Blue ran through streets crowded with panicked citizens. The air was thick with smoke and debris fell like duracrete rain with every explosion from the onslaught of fighters overhead. Her lungs ached with hot air when she ducked into a low overhang and keyed for entry to the underground stairway that would take her to the rendezvous point.

Oppressive silence closed around her when the door swished shut and she stood panting in the darkness. When she'd caught her breath, she flicked on a tiny glow lamp and splashed her way down the wet corridor to another doorway, and another, before finally reaching the small room that would be her safe house until the boys arrived.

She pulled a data transmitter from her belt and typed quickly: bounty procured. The red light turned green, signaling a successful transmit, and she sat down on a thin, dirty cot to wait. There were a few provisions - water and rations - but she was more tired than hungry. Imps were everywhere above ground and they would find her if she was stuck down here too long. Her last thought before sleep swept her away was, "Hurry."

When the door burst open, she squinted up, not at familiar faces or even Imps, but at a red and black-skinned Sith. She didn't even have time to scream.

The Sith Temple was dark - black walls, black floors, dim chambers - all of it dark. All but Darth Maladi's laboratory with its web of tubes and devices illuminated and bubbling with creatures and potions of her demented design.

Lady Maladi was completely at ease, of course, but Nyna Calixte had been ready to leave for some time and therefore looked to the door gratefully when the annunicator chime sounded and a Sith acolyte entered silently. Clad entirely in black without even a hint of red skin showing, the acolyte bowed deeply to Maladi. "My Lady, it is the prisoner again."

Maladi pursed her lips, furrowing her brow. "Come, Moff Calixte," she said, nodding toward one of the side chambers. "This might interest you."

Nyna followed her down a twisting tunnel that ended in a brightly-lit cell. The entire front wall was made of transparisteel, allowing for a full view of the chamber which appeared to be some type of medical bay. There was a bed, a wall lined with various biomonitoring instruments, and a small refresher area in the corner.

Unlike the rest of the Temple, the walls were a pale, neutral color that might have given the room a peaceful atmosphere if it hadn't been for the violent struggle taking place on the far side of the bed. Two black-clad Sith acolytes were wrestling a kicking and screaming prisoner to the floor while a third hovered close with an injection device.

The assistant holding the injector swooped down in a moment of confusion and managed to inject half the vial before the prisoner flung it off where it shattered against the wall. It was then that Calixte caught a glimpse of the prisoner?s hair ? bright, blue hair that she recognized immediately.

"You remember her, I assume," Maladi stated calmly.

"Of course. Skywalker's companion." And Calixte's former prisoner.

The Sith stepped back, giving her a clear view of the captive Zeltron. She had been stripped of her own clothes and was clad in a plain, white gown that contrasted sharply against her pink skin and the Sith surrounding her. Swaying under the effect of the sedative, Deliah Blue staggered to her feet and stumbled weakly across the room where she fell to her knees in a heap over the waste basin, retching in shuddering heaves.

Whe

2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Oh Deliah! So cold!!

What a strange, twisted tale that is, and yet it's completely within the realm of possibility. Calixte is that merciless. (Although I like to think that Deliah isn't willing to sell her womb out to make a Skywalker baby.)

Very interesting and intricate web you've woven!

=D==D=

3. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    That rocked!!! Evil Dee indeed! I was shocked-you really had me going!

Bravo! [face_pumpkin]

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    All I can say is WOW. That was so twisted and evil in a cold way. I just kinda stared at my computer screen for a few minutes after reading wondering if I processed things right. :p

The title makes twisted sense now too. Amazing job tying all of this together. =D=

~MJ@};-

5. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Whew... triple face of Morrigan indeed. :D

Such manipulation and she's not even a Sith! :eek:

This was awesome.

CJM

6. JediMaster_Horn

JediMaster_Horn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2002
    Oh, that was intense. Very well written. Especially considering how short it was, you did a very good job of slowly unwrapping the twists and turns. What a dark, dark world. I liked it. [face_devil]

7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Wouldn't that be something? [face_devil] After all these stories I've read where Deliah is so love-sick (in a controlled way, of course) over Cade... but this! I love it! Wouldn't the look on his face be priceless? LOL! Great evil fic, gal! =D=

8. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    diva: Thank you! 'Cordlixte' is definitely that cold - I ain't putting nuthin' past that woman. Deliah? No, I don't think she would sell out so completely, but you never know. It was her idea to use Cade's Jedi abilities to run scams...she's got a greedy streak. [face_mischief]

Jade_Pilot: Thankies! Such a compliment from the master of plot twists. [:D]

Mira_Jade: Ooh, thank you! It was a fun tale to twist. [face_devil] I'm glad you enjoyed it!

CJM: Thanks! One of the things I love about Nyna/Morrigan is that she IS able to manipulate so much without the Force. Smart women, FTW! :cool:

JediMaster_Horn: Thank you so much! Dark and twisty is not my forte and I'm thrilled that you liked it! :D

ginchy: Guuuuurl, C*de is behaving so badly right now that I'd actually love to see her turn on him and give him a taste of his own medicine. ;) Thanks, gal!

Thanks again to everyone who stopped by! @};-

9. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    I have absolutely no idea how I managed to miss this, but it was awesome!

I love seeing my girl Dee take her life into her own hands, even if it's in this disturbing way.

And the way you portray Morrigan/Calixte is just delicious.

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Not sure how I missed this before, but WOW!!!!! [face_devil] [face_dancing] Awesome!

When they were gone, Calixte joined the princess on the dias in front of the viewport. Marasiah had been still throughout the entire exchange, but approached the infant now, almost reverently. She touched her, briefly, and looked up in amazement. "The Force. It's so strong in her."

"Yes. Like her father and grandfather," Calixte murmured, allowing one tiny fist to wrap around her finger. "Every generation needs a Skywalker." And this one would not be ingrained with Jedi dogma or abandoned to the wiles of the galaxy. This child - this Force - was hers and hers alone. Her flesh and blood, descended from her husband and son.

Standing with her daughter and holding her granddaughter, she turned to the expanse beyond the tower and gazed out to the burgeoning empire of her own making.

Perfection! =D=

11. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    OH Trace trace trace...you do this to me all the time!!!! That was fantastic--evil and horrible and oh so twisted, but so well done! From what little I know about Deliah (mostly through what you've written!) that was soooo evil!

Huggles!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

12. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Wow! That was twistedly awesome. [face_devil]

13. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    karebear: Thank you so much!! [:D] I hear ya about Dee [face_mischief] and this was entirely too much fun to write. [face_blush]

VaderLVR: Thank you! Bad girls, FTW. [face_batting]

IJJ: Aw, thanks hon! Soooo wrong but such a guilty pleasure to play around with. ;)

TKeira_Lea: Thank you! I appreciate that. [face_devil] :D

@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.