main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Of Hollow Words and Hope (Leia, Luke)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by taramidala, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Lovely glimpse into what's going through Leia's mind at this incredibly important moment. She's had a lot of trauma too over the course of the saga this far, between Alderaan and her imprisonment and leaving Hoth so quickly and, of course, Han. Luke is at this point the one person whose feelings toward her she's sure of, and for him to be so silent about his experiences in her presence is thus a double shock—that's something you portray wonderfully here. Ditto the perennial tension between those who feel to comfirt using words and those who need nothing more than presence ("Le'a stop...").

Kahara, Nyota's Heart and Chyntuck like this.
  2. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999

Oh, lordy! I think both ThreadSketch and I have too many fics percolating already and not enough time in the universe, but I like your train of thought. :) Thank you kindly, my dear Chyntuck.

A shock to be sure! I've seen a run of fics lately in which Luke tells her the truth immediately after ESB, but I'm not sure I can see it. While I understand the authors' desire, to use it as a bonding moment between our favorite siblings, it just doesn't make sense in my opinion. The timeline (official? I'd have to check) is that it's only about 6 months between the end of ESB and ROTJ, so it's not that unreasonable that Luke would take the time to process, and verify (thanks, Yoda) before revealing it to anyone else.

Anyway, Findswoman, thank you for the review!

And thanks to all those readers and/or lurkers out there who nominated Leia, and Luke/Leia for awards. Greatly appreciated!

3. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    Would it be like Da Bulls and Da Bears, for World Domination? :p [face_laugh]

taramidala likes this.
  4. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Something like that, yes. [face_laugh]

ThreadSketch likes this.