main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Hope and Light JA AU - UPDATED 5/3 - Finished - *Aotc Minor Spoiler Inside*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sara_Kenobi, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Timeline: JA AU
    Summary: Qui-Gon is sent to Alderaan to find a missing Jedi child who was taken from the Temple when he was a baby, to only learn the child he was looking for is now Prince Ben Organa, the younger brother of Bail Organa. Ben (Obi-Wan) is fourteen in this story.
    Disclaimer: Aotc Minor Spoiler

Main Characters:

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn
    Prince Ben Organa ( Obi-Wan Kenobi)
    Jedi Master Yoda

My Characters:

King Cien Organa
    Queen Isra Organa
    Jedi Knight Elia Niri
    Jon
    Kesa

"How can this be possible?," Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn asked that of Jedi Master Yoda, the head of the Jedi Council within the Jedi Temple in Imperial City.

"Unknown this is. Only know of the child we do. HE is there.." Yoda said firmly from his council seat in the grand chamber. The room was emty say for himself and Qui-Gon.

"But the youngest son of Cien and Isra Organa? They will not like what I have to say to them Master. They may not allow me custody of the boy."

"Convince them you will. The boy's destiny it is."

"If it's his destiny why has he been raised as a Prince of Alderaan for the last fourteen years?," Qui-Gon Jinn countered.

"The right path it always has been."

"This will not be an easy mission master. The Organa's have had him for far to long."

"Make it through, you will," Yoda said, before turning his chair around to gaze at the beautiful sunset that was over the city scape.

2. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Hey this sounds cool. Different idea. Usually it's Luke or Leia with the Organa's.

~Swede :p

3. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Ooh good AU idea! :) More soon(ish)? Please?

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

Isra Organa watched as her eldest son, Bail, left the throne room after saying goodbye to her. For the last year the prince had been a member of the republic senate and was often sent on diplomatic missions on behalf of Alderaan as a ambassador. For the age of sixteen that was a most high honer for her son. Bail's father was also away to Imperial city for a session with the senate, and wasn't expected back to Alderaan for days. Her youngest boy Ben was away at school. That left her all the time in the galaxy...for him.

"Jon you can come out now my darling," Isra cooed.

A tall and very fit young man entered the throne room from the open doors of the taris. He wrapped his big arms around Isra's small waist, and gave her a passionate kiss. "Oh Jon how I've missed you," Isra breathed between the
    contact.

"When does that fool husband of yours return?," Jon asked between kisses.

"Not for eight wonderful days," Isra said gasping in delight at what Jon was doing to the exposed parts of her skin.

"We should take this else where," Jon said breaking free from her hands.

"My rooms are free," Isra said laughing before leading her lover to her private rooms within the palace to where no one could see them, and they would be alone for hours.

As Isra and Jon left a pair of clear blue eyes watched untill it was safe to show himself. The boy had been inbehind the throne hiding. Waiting for his best friend Kesa, the twelve-year-old daughter of one of the servents, to discover him in their game of hide and seek.

"Hey Ben, you're supposed to be hiding you bonehead!"

Prince Ben Organa rubbed his eyes quickly before turning to face the girl. The teen plastered a fake smile to his face.

"Ben, are you alright?," Kesa asked softly.

"Hmm? Oh yes, of course. Just a little dirt in my eyes," Ben said with a forced grin.

"You sure you're not lieing?," Kesa demanded, her hands on her hips.

"Hey would I lie to you?," Ben said with a chuckle.

Kesa grinned and punched his arm.

"Come on you. Lunch should be ready soon."

Ben knodded, "Alright. I'll be right along in a minute," the young prince managed to keep the grin on his face untill his friend left the chamber. Ben couldn't hold it in any longer. He had seen his own mother in the arms of someone that wasn't his father. His own mother

The sobs choked him now, as he tried to understand how his mother could do such a thing to his father. How could she want to hurt them like this? The boy simpally couldn't understand this at all. An he was all alone. He could tell no one what he had just seen. No one.
    Ben wouldn't be the one to destroy his dear father this way. If the old King ever learned what his young wife was doing behind his back, it surely would kill him. It would just kill him...

"Oh mother, how could you?"

5. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Oooo, wonderful start! I really like the idea!!!! Poor Ben!!!!!!

More soon please! :D

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks for the reply Kenobisgirl! :)

The next part should be up tomorrow!

7. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Ohhhh....

Good post. Waiting for more.

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

Kesa had spent most of the day trying to cheer up her friend. For all she did Ben still never said what was bothering him. "You wanna go home with me for supper?," the girl offered as the two friends walked together through the city market street through the huge crowd that gathered.

Ben smiled, "That would be great Kesa. I don't think I'll go unnoticed back home," the boy said, trying to make his voice sound light.

"We do live in the same place you know," Kesa reminded him with a grin to her pretty face.

"Yeah, but at least you don't live in the main Palace. I'd give anything to get away from my family."

"But you always like your family so much...What happened?," Kesa said deeply concerned over her friend now.

"I--I can't say Kesa. I'm sorry."

The girl knodded, "Alright Ben. Just know your not alone alright? You can talk to me you know."

Ben smiled down at her, and took her hand in his, "Come on..lets go back. Maybe your Mom is making that noodle sauce stuff again. Yum," the prince grinned, as he lead his friend back through the city.

A tall man in a long brown robe followed behind the two children. He was certain this had to be the boy he was looking for. But then he had to wonder why the prince of Alderaan was wondering the city streets alone with no guards.
    Perhaps it would be easier to gain custody over the royal child than he first thought.

~

Isra bid her lover goodbye for the night, as her son Ben should be returning home from his day at school very soon. It was getting rather dark outside Isra thought, as she looked out the big window in her main living chamber of her family suite in the palace.

"Where are you Ben?," She muttered aloud furiously.

9. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Good post. Ben's 'Mom' doesn't seem very nice. I hope you post more soon.

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

Ben left Kesa and her family that night with a heavy heart. The prince always enjoyed himself so much. It was always hard to bid them goodbye for the night.

The young prince was near the palace when a cloaked figure confronted him. "Just who the hell are you?," Ben demanded. The fright could be hered clearly in his voice. "I'll not harm you your highness. Be calm please." The cloaked figure said softly.

The young prince backed away from him as far as he could untill he backed into a tree. "Ouch." Laughter could be hered from the man in the long brown robe. "That would never have happened Prince Ben should you have listened to me." The man chuckled softly.

"I listen to no one Sir." The prince spat sharply. "I can see 'that' your highness. Perhaps you should consider changing your ways." The man said calmly now.

"You'd fair good to leave my presence sir. I'm almost to my home." the boy said. "Just what is there waiting for you child? An angry mother who is upset you caught her with her lover." The boy's blue eyes grew wide in horror." Just how do you know that?" the boy hissed. "I sensed your thoughts boy." The man said. "Yeah right. Only Jedi can do such things." "Who says I'm not?" The man countered."You can't be a Jedi." The prince said."Why can't I?" the man said. "You have no lightsaber for one thing. ALL Jedi have those." the prince said.

"You know of the Jedi?" The man asked. "Of course I do. My father has versed me well in their history." Ben said proudly."Interesting. Has he ever mentioned any certain Jedi your highness?" Qui-Gon Jinn pressed lightly. This would be so much easier if the boy knew of them. Expecially if he knew of his own abilities. "No...my father has only told me of their history." Ben said.

"Have you ever seen a Jedi Knight Prince Ben?" Qui-Gon asked, looking up at the sky. It was getting dark. "No I haven't." Ben said honestly. Qui-Gon smiled and opened up his robe to take out his lightsaber to show the prince. The boy stared in awe at it. "You're a Jedi Knight." The boy breathed softly. "Yes I am." Qui-Gon smiled. "What would you do if I said you could be too?" Qui-Gon asked gentally. "Oh I could never be a Jedi." Ben said in awe still. "Why not?" Jinn asked. "I'm just a stupid prince." Ben said. Qui-Gon laughed out loud. "Well you are a stupid prince then with alot of potential for the force. I've come here to Alderaan to train you as a Jedi." Qui-Gon said.

"My family would never allow it." Ben said sadly. "After what I have to say to them young Ben, I think they may suprise you." Qui-Gon finished. "I hope your right. I'd love to be a Jedi like you." Ben gushed. "It's a hard life young Ben. But one I feel you would succeed. Go along home for this evening. We will speak again tomorrow." Qui-Gon said. The boy knodded and hurried the rest of the way toward his home.

11. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Interesting.

12. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Good post. Just one thing to make it easier to read, start a new paragragh when someone new is speaking. It was a little hard to tell who was saying what.

But other than that, I liked it.

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Ugh I don't believe I did that. :p

Sorry. I've been having problems posting in general today. I type these huge paragraphs then when I go to space them something like above happens. I'll try to better myself tomorrow. ;)

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Well a little past tomorrow...But oh well. ;)

This is rated PG-13 for violent content. Not to bad really but it's nothing like I've written before. Ben's Mom beats him up abit.

Ben rushed threw the fields toward the main Palace. It was dark outside now, and if his mother was still awake there was no telling how she would react to him coming in now. His mother Isra lothed his friendship with Kesa. *A Prince shouldn't being hanging around the help, let alone the help's daughter.*

Ben had told her he didn't care. That Kesa was his dearest friend in the galaxy and was going to remain his friend if she liked it or not. The slap he recieved that day still stung his face. It had been the first time his mother ever struck him. *Ungreatful brat* she had hissed. Ben had only been four at the time. Even at two-years-old Kesa had been the most important person in his life.

Ben sneaked into the palace and cleared the stairs to his bed chamber passed the guards.

The young teen blinked at seeing his mother standing infront of his bed chamber door. "Mother?" He said softly.

"How dare you show yourself at this hour!"

"Mother I'm sorry---I"

"Don't you lie to me."

"I'm not lieing mother."

"DON'T YOU LIE TO ME."

Her scream echoed off the walls. Ben swollowed down his cry of fright. Why did she have to be this way?

"I'm not." He said.

Her fist cracked his face with a sickening smack. It leveled him but he never fell. Ben smiled to himself, on the inside. I didn't fall you witch...You evil witch

"GO TO YOUR ROOM YOU LITTLE BANTHA SPIT!"

Ben blinked back his tears and forced himself to his feet. He longed for when his father returned now. Even his brother..Anyone so he wouldn't be alone with this woman. It was so hard to understand why his mother hated him so much. But she did. It came off of her in waves and crushed his soul.

Ben closed his bed chamber door and sank to the floor. His blue eyes closed tight as he tried to picture that he had a mother who had loved him.

She had tight blonde curls that fell down her back in waves and bright blue eyes as she held him tight in her arms and whispered words of love.

I'll always love you my son. Be brave. I'll always be in your heart.

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
  16. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Oh, poor Ben. Does he remember his real mom?

Don't worry about the post being wrong. I understand. I think it happens to everyone at some point.

17. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Yep. Ben does remember a woman taking care of him as a baby. But it's a very faint memory for him and he thinks right now the woman is just the mother he wishes he had for his own, as he's only seen her in his dreams. Later on he'll learn that the woman is actually his real mother. So far Ben doesn't know he was adopted by the Organa's. But that will happen soon. ;)

18. Seeker2

Seeker2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2001
    Well!

*indignant sputtering*

Our little Obi has quite a mouth on him!

*beams*
    :D

Good for him! Now, if he'd only direct his... ummm... large vocabulary at his foster mom for me.

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Coruscant

Jedi Knight Elia Niri lead three young force potentials, Jaira Rin, Cenki Einnach, and little Malani Noth who just turned three, into the main training center in the lowest level of the temple. All three children were under the age of six and so far had no master's yet. Elia took the duty of teaching the three young children their school lessons mixed with basic force control lessons. When in Elia's own training in the ways of the Jedi Knight's were fully learned, she hoped to take little Malani Noth as her Padawan learner. Jedi Master Yoda knew of her intentions toward the young potential and admired them, but he said her own trials as a Knight were only just begining. Untill she had grown and matured more in her powers as a Knight, she would be forbidden to take her first student untill then.

"Cenki?," Elia began, addressing the eldest child of the group.

The five-year-old Alderaani boy steped forward. His black hair was messed slightly, but Elia thought the child looked adorable.

"Yes Knight Niri?"

"Please lead yourself and the others over to the left corner of the room for your mid day class with Jedi Master Yaddle. She is waiting for you," Elia said with a kind smile.

"Of course Knight Niri," Cenki grinned. Elia chuckled softly and ruffled his hair before he ran off. The other two children at his heels.

"Like that one you do."

Elia jumped at the sound of that voice. She had not sensed Jedi Master Yoda's approch. That just wouldn't do if she ever planned for a Padawan of her own. She HAD to prove herself worthy.

"Oh yes Malani is a beautiful child." Elia gushed. Obvious much?

"Beautiful yes, for a human. But not the child I speak of she is."

Elia frowned curiously at the little Jedi master, "Who are you speaking of then master Yoda?"

"The boy Cenki I do."

"Oh...He is a charming child, yes." Elia agreed. She did like the boy very much. But the time she herself was ready for a padawan, dear Cenki would be to old to train.

"Like you he does. BOND you have."

"Where is this going master?"

"Ready to train, you are."

Elia Niri stared at the Jedi master, "But master you've always said that I need more skills before I take on a padawan learner."

"Watching you I have been. Ready, you now are."

Elia blinked back tears. She couldn't believe it. She was going to have a padawan of her very own. Did it mean?...Did she dare hope?...

"The level of Jedi master, I grant, to you,"

Elia bowed on one knee.

"Thank you master."

"Rise you do. Padawan awaits his master he does." With that, Yoda walked away from Jedi Master Elia Niri, leaving her watching her Padawan take his mid day lesson with Yaddle......His last mid day lesson with Yaddle..Master Niri corrected herself with a grin.

"Jedi master Yaddle may I see student Cenki for a moment please?"

20. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Very cool story ;)

21. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thank you Jodiwent. It's my first JA story so I hope it turns out alright! :)

22. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
  23. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

Elia Niri lead her new padawan Cenki back into the main structure of the Jedi Temple after his mid day lesson was finished with Jedi master Yaddle. The boy had been thrilled to learn that he actually had his own master now. Even if she was only a knight still...And a girl.

As they passed the Jedi council room Elia picked up on Yoda and Mace Windu's voices through the force.

On Alderaan he is.

Has Qui-Gon yet found the Kenobi boy?

Yes. But difficult this siduation is.

I've hered of the boy's family master. I find that most difficult to believe.

Unkind to him they are.

After a long dead silence Mace spoke again...

I see master...

Elia held back bitter hot tears that threatened to spill down her face at over hearing the conversation between the masters.

"What is the matter, master?," Cenki's soft caring voice broke in.

Elia gazed down at the boy before her. His eyes wide and innocent as he looked back at her.

This child is yours now. There will be no good coming out of longing for something you can never change..

"I'm alright Cenki. Let us go now."

The boy knodded and continued to follow Elia from the corridor.

24. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    FORWARD!!!!! Hehe. ;)

25. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    <reads to the end> Hey! I want more! Where's the rest? oh, come on, more please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.