main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Hope and Light JA AU - UPDATED 5/3 - Finished - *Aotc Minor Spoiler Inside*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sara_Kenobi, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
  2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    A new post should be up no later than tomorrow! :)

3. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    PLEASE A POST! Obi-Wan don't go back to the organas please stay with Jedi BENNY!

More please.

This is great ^_^

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cenki had lived with Elia Niri for weeks now, and was loving having her as his Master and Friend. It couldn't have shocked him more though when she said that he was getting a new Jedi Master. What had he done to deserve this? She didn't even seem upset with him over anything. Just really sad.

"Mistress Elia, please tell me why I have to go?," Cenki asked softly.

Elia looked at him with pained blue eyes. "It's not you, Cenki," Niri told the boy, "It's just that I need more time alone right now."

"You don't want me?," Cenki asked.

"More than you'll ever know, Cenki," Elia whispered, "But other areas of my life right now, need my attention."

Cenki studied her for a moment, then knew what she ment.

Her Son.

Obi-Wan.

"You want him, don't you?," Cenki asked. Not out of hate or jelousy, but respect.

"He's my Son," Elia said, "It's time I started treating him as he was."

Cenki then hugged Elia one final time, before Yoda came and took him back to the Temple dorms.

~~~~~

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I should have a longer post tomorrow! :)

Sorry that was so short. ;)

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
  7. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    ~~~~~~~

Cenki followed Master Yoda back to the Temple dorms where the younger padawan's with no Master lived. It was a place in the Temple that Cenki thought he would never see again. Especially so very soon.

Yoda stoped at what appeared to be Cenki's new room, and turned to the young seven year old. "Sad you are now," Yoda said, "But find your way again, you will."

"She was ment to be my Master, Sir," said Cenki, "I don't understand why she sent me away."

"Understand you do, Cenki," said Yoda, "Her Son needs her; he does."

Cenki looked down at his feet. "I guess I do, Master Yoda," the boy said, "I'll miss her though."

"As she will miss you," Yoda said in turn.

"So this is it, huh?," asked Cenki, "I don't have a Master no more."

"Do you want one so soon, Padawan?," Yoda asked curiously. He thought the boy would need time to mourn over the loss of his bond with Mistress Niri which he would certainly feel soon, if he didn't already.

"Yes, Master," Cenki said, "More than anything."

Yoda studied the boy's face for a long minute of silence, before he decided to speak again.

"Fine then, young one," proclaimed Yoda, "A Jedi Master you now have."

"Who?," asked Cenki excitedly.

"Your Jedi Master, is I," Yoda said.

~~~~~~~~~

TBC!

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    ~~~~~~

Obi-Wan Kenobi was crying in his home with Qui-Gon Jinn, as he sat alone in his bed chamber upon his soft bed Qui-Gon had provided for him. It was only time now until Qui-Gon would come and tell him that he was going back to Alderaan with the Organa family forever. The Jedi Master already told him it looked as if Cien Organa only had to ask the Chancellor to have the Jedi return his boy to him.

But he wasn't the Son of the King of Alderaan though. Obi-Wan was born to a young Jedi woman who was good, sweet and kind, and loved him very much. As for his real Father...Obi-Wan had no idea as to who that was. The way Elia was content on not telling anybody in the Temple who the father was, Obi-Wan didn't think he would ever get the answers to that mystery.

Was it really so horrible to say who it was? It was just a simple question that only needed a simple answer.

The mystery of his real Father was driving him mad.

The question of the Organa's held over his head like an axe.

The only person he truely saw fit to confide in was on the other side of the galaxy now, living it up with Royalty.

Raelle, how he missed her.

"Obi-Wan?"

The Jedi padawan looked up to see the concerned face of Qui-Gon Jinn looking down at him.

"Master, I'm sorry," Obi-Wan said between sobs, "I don't mean to cry."

"It's alright, my padawan," Qui-Gon said gentally, as he sat beside the boy on the bed, and hugged him, "I have news you know."

"I don't think I want to know, Master," Obi-Wan said sadly.

"This news you will like, Obi-Wan," said Qui-Gon, "It's about your Mother."

"What is it?" Obi-Wan asked.

"She's coming here, padawan," Qui-Gon said, "She's going to live with us until this matter with Alderaan is over."

"What?," asked Obi-Wan, " I don't understand?"

"Elia has left her duties with the Jedi, Obi-Wan," said Qui-Gon, "She's going to fight for legal custody of you if Cien threatens to take you away from us."

"They'll let my real Mother have me, won't they?," Obi-Wan asked Qui-Gon hopefully through his sad eyes.

"I think they will, Obi-Wan," smiled Qui-Gon.

At least I hope so.

~~~~~~~~~

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    ~~~~~~~~~

Afew weeks went by, and Elia was begining to feel comfortable around her old friend and sometimes Master, Qui-Gon Jinn. Elia was really loving the chance to be near her Son Obi-Wan, and really be a Mother to him. A real Mother. What she dreamed of so much upon learning she'd been pregnant, but knew it was impossible to have forever. As the Son of such two powerful Force users, there was no way Obi-Wan could grow up as a child not trained to use his Force powers. It could be to dangerous as he began to get older and would feel different emotions.

And as much as Elia loved her Son, she had to be near the Jedi at least. It was all she knew, and could never give it up fully for anything.

She almost did though once.

Before Obi-Wan had been born.

His Father was the most dangerous man she ever knew. It had been such a shock when he revealed himself to her upon learning she'd become pregnant after one of his Force 'slips' he had dared to call it. He used the Force to manipulate her. To force his will upon her. He'd been far to strong for Elia to fight him off with her own Force powers. She couldn't have resisted him if she had wanted too. And she had wanted too. He was way to old for her, even though at first Elia had found his attention charming.

Her feelings changed for him quickly though upon learning he served the Chancellor's court. The Chancellor was evil as the days could be long. Some Jedi thought he was just niave, as he was only a young Man, but Elia sensed he was one that was out for himself at no costs.

Anybody that served the Chancellor ideals was someone that couldn't be trusted.

"You're thinking of him," said Qui-Gon Jinn as he joined Elia out on the balcony of their suite in the Jedi Temple. Right away Elia slamed up her defences. Qui-Gon only caught a faint shadow of what Obi-Wan's Father looked like.

"Yes," said Elia, "I know I shouldn't."

"Perhaps you should think of facing him, Elia," Qui-Gon said, "Just in case we fail it would be good to have something to fall back on."

"No!." Elia snapped.

"Elia, why don't you just say who it is?," shouted Qui-Gon. He was tired of this fight. He wanted it to end now. Obi-Wan needed it to end.

"I can't!" Elia cried.

"Why?" Qui-Gon demanded.

"You'll hate me!" Elia sobbed.

Qui-Gon softened upon seeing Elia so upset. "I'll never hate you; just say it!"

"It was your Master, Qui-Gon," said Elia through her tears, "So help me but it was him!"

Qui-Gon gasped in shock. "No," Qui-Gon said, "You're mistaken."

"I'm not, Qui-Gon," Elia said, calm now, "It was Master Dooku."

"No," cried Qui-Gon, "No!" Qui-Gon then stormed from the suite, not looking back.

~~~~~

10. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    That was cool!!!!!!!!!!

Go Sara!!!

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That was unexpected.

12. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Ditto Kitara.

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Yeah, I was tossing that around for awhile on who it should be. It was kind of unexpected in afew ways for me as well.

Note though about Dooku in this story...first off, he's a very dark character in this story...very unlikeable.

Of Hope and Light spoilers!!!

- Dooku is still a Jedi Master, until this gets out anyway on what he did to Elia.

- Qui-Gon is his former student. That is based on a AOTC rumor. Qui still holds alot of respect though for Dooku, and will find this very hard to get through.

- The past link Dooku has with Elia will be more explained.

*Of Hope and Light BIG SPOILERS*

- Dooku was her Jedi Master. Elia was his second student after Qui-Gon. The first after Qui-Gon was killed in a accident before he reached Knighthood.

*Other spoilers for this month*

- Cien loses

- Two big characters that are mine, finds their lifes in grave danger.

- As the story goes on; the characters will age more, and Kesa begins to fit into Alderaan's future more than she ever thought possible.

- Raelle's life on Hapes grows and hints to her future.

- Qui-Gon debates if he should tell Obi-Wan about his real father.

More soon! :)

14. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    I've certainly fallen behind on this, but then all the more for me to read. :)

Well, that was certainly unexpected and I can see why Elia would want to keep things quiet, but I think it will be better now that she's let the secret out and Qui-Gon knows who he has to fight. I feel sorry for Cenki though. He may have gained Yoda as a master, but how much of his trust was damaged by this? I mean he's awfully young and while he may understand the reasons, emotionally this has to leave scars.

Just thought I'd mention that you might want to warn that there are spoilers for the movie here. I don't mind, but I know lots of people are trying to remain as spoiler free as possible. :)

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks! :)

You're right. I added that in the title heading. That will be the only possible spoiler btw. ;)

Sorry if I spoiled anyone. I didn't think that was a true one, that's why I went ahead with it! :)

Again, sorry,

More soon!

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    ~~~~~~~~~

Elia sat staring in her rooms within the Jedi Temple at a holo-picture of her childhood friend, Pete Kenobi, whom she named her Son after when he was born. Pete and Elia were very close as children, and that relationship only began to grow as they both grew older. Pete was also Dooku's first apprentice after Qui-Gon Jinn. The thirty plus Dooku seemed to love Pete as a Son, and said both he and Elia would be powerful Jedi someday. And any off-spring should they have any, would be even more powerful still. When Obi-Wan finally came about, Pete and Elia had gotten fooled by many things, but one thing had been for certain; Obi-Wan was one of the most powerful Jedi seen in the Temple in years.

Elia then switched the photos to recent ones. It was a shot of Cenki on his first day with her. He was so small and sweet. One of the most charming young children that Elia ever had the honer of meeting. She hated herself for abandoning him so early in his training as his Master. She hadn't even been with him a full year. But the Council had supported her choice to do so. Even Master Yoda did. A great future the boy Kenobi has, with the Organa's his fate his uncertain! Yoda had told her.

Given what the Organa's had placed Obi-Wan through in the years he was with them, Elia couldn't risk to find out what Obi-Wan's uncertain future may be with them.

She had a appointment with the Chancellor in the morning to file for custody of Obi-Wan, to counter Cien's actions of his visit three days before.

No one was going to take her little boy away again.

Cenki watched as three students passed him in the Temple as he made his way to the High Council chamber to meet Master Yoda. They all stared and smiled as they went by.

Cenki got to the High Council doors and knocked.

Come in boy, you do

Cenki smiled at the feeling of Master Yoda in his mind. It actually tickled slightly. Yoda said it was only because of his interest in his ears, and the way they floped off to the sides.

Cenki entered to find the whole council still inside with his new Master.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Master," said Cenki, "I thought the council meeting was over."

"Over it is not," said Yoda, "Come in you do."

Cenki went to the center of the room and stood.

All eyes were on him.

"What can I do for you?," Cenki asked after a long minute.

"A mission for you, we have," said Yoda.

"It is for both you and Master Yoda if you accept, Padawan Cenki," said Mace Windu.

My first mission...wow....I never even got one with Mistress Elia. I was told I was to little!

"What is the mission, Masters?," Cenki asked.

~~~~~~~

17. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    ~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon Jinn entered the private council chamber of Master Mace Windu, who finally had word from the Republic High Council on the custody case of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Mace looked serious, and motioned for Qui-Gon to take the seat across from him at the desk.

"I believe I will stand, thank you," Qui-Gon said briskly.

"Very well, Master Jinn," Mace said placing a data pad upon the desk between them, "I will get to the point then of this visit."

"Please do," said Qui-Gon.

"The High Council has decided upon the custody case of Padawan Kenobi," began Mace, But as you know the office of the Chancellor has the final say in these matters."

Qui-Gon scowled. "Please get to the point, Mace," said Master Jinn. This matter had gone on far to long. It was time to put it at a end; whatever the outcome.

"Very well, Master Jinn," said Mace, "The High Council has decided that this isn't a matter of the government to settle."

"What does that mean?," asked Qui-Gon, confused.

"The Republic High Council has declared that the custody of Padawan Ben Organa aka Obi-Wan Kenobi, is a matter for the Jedi Council to decide alone." Mace said with a smile to his dark and handsome face.

Qui-Gon's mouth fell open. The Force had been closed to him on the outcome of this. He dreaded that they would lose the young Padawan again to the abusive family that held claim over him for over fourteen years.

Obi-Wan was just begining to accept him as not only his Master, but as a Friend and possible member of his now ever growing Family of Jedi that surrounded him within the life of the Temple.

If Obi-Wan would lose that now, there was no telling what effect that change would have on him.

Qui-Gon's thoughts then went to poor dear Cenki who had suffered the brunt of these changes in Obi-Wan's life. At only seven years old he had already gained and lost a Master. All for the sake of a fifteen year old boy he barely knew.

"Has the Council decided yet on what is to be done?," asked Qui-Gon after a long silence.

"The Council has discussed this; the final say is Master Yoda's alone." said Mace.

"Very well, then," said Qui-Gon, "We are finally near the end of this journey, and we can all put this behind us."

Jinn rose from his chair to leave.

"Qui-Gon, was there something else you wished to say?," asked Mace, sensing that Qui-Gon was holding back something from him. Something serious.

Qui-Gon swollowed hard and slammed up his defenses. "No, not at all," Qui-Gon forced the lie out.

Mace knodded. "Very well then," Windu said, "See you soon."

Qui-Gon knodded and left the room.

~~~~

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    More tomorrow! ;)

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    ~~~~~~~~~~

"Master Soffy?," asked Raelle as she entered the hollow like living chamber of their house on Hapes.

Soffy looked up to see his apprentice enter the living chamber. Raelle was lovely in the dim light of the room. She was a breath of fresh air in his life that he hoped would always be there.

"Padawan, please come," said Soffy.

"Is there something wrong?," Raelle asked concerned, "You called me from my studies in the Palace."

"I thought you would like to know something about your friend, Benny," Soffy began.

"What is it, Master?," asked Raelle. She was suprised Soffy would say anything about him. Before they arrived here Soffy told her it would be best for all if she ended her contact with him.

"The Jedi council has been placed as the Ruling Party over his custody case." Soffy said, pleased at the smile his news brought to Raelle's face. Perhaps he'd been to harsh in saying Raelle should end her friendship with the boy.

"Then, Obi-Wan doesn't have to leave Imperial City?," Raelle asked, "He will remain with Qui-Gon?"

"It looks that way, yes," said Soffy.

"Oh, that is wonderful Master," Raelle said laughing for joy.

Raelle turned to leave to go back to her classes.

"Wait, Raelle," said Soffy.

"Yes, Master?," asked the Padawan.

"You may contact Obi-Wan if you wish, to personally ask how he is doing," Soffy said with a heavy sigh. He wasn't certain if this 'was' the right thing. Only time would tell.

"I can, Master?," Raelle asked clearly delighted.

"Yes," said Soffy, "You may."

Raelle hugged Soffy tightly, catching him off guard. "Oh, thank you, Master!" she cried happily.

"You are welcome, my Padawan," Soffy said.

The End

~~~~~~~~~

This will be continued about June in a sequel after AOTC is out. I can't really continue without risking more spoilers than just the one above, so I've decided to stop here for now. ;)

Hope to see you in June!

TBC

Sara

20. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    That was fast. I didn't think it was going to end so soon. But it was good. It was interesting with all the extra characters and how they knew or were effected by Obi-Wan. I'm glad you're doing a sequel. There's a lot of stuff that needs to be taken care of. Will be waiting. :D

~Swede :p

21. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    :( The End? So soon? *sniff* Well, see you at the sequel then.

Thank You!

22. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    *snif* June...JUNE! *takes a deep breath*

It has ended to soon. I'll be waiting Sara!

23. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    It looks like Obi will stay with Qui-Gon after all, but what will Elia do now? Will she stay with Qui-Gon and Obi or will she move out? What is Cenki's mission? I don't think Cien is going to be too happy about this. June?

24. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  25. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks for all the interest and support everyone. I was really nervous about writing this story. I've never written any JA story before. I'm happy to see it well liked.

I'm working on getting the sequel out before June. I'm very excited about finishing this story up. I have alot written and alot of ideas of where it will continue to go. It's just a matter of me finding the time to devote to it. I have afew stories on the go right now and none of them are really short. So look for this to likely come out before June. I'm not promising for sure though. It was actually planned for July but I thought that was too long. So that on my web Site is wrong.

Anyways, look for it soon. ;)

Sara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.