main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Of Jedi and Lunchtime (Obi, Ani --- Humor, short fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amrita_Glittersong, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amrita_Glittersong

Amrita_Glittersong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2007
    Title: Of Jedi and Lunchtime
    Author: Amrita Glittersong
    Genre: Humor
    Timeline: A year or so before AOTC
    Summary: Obi-Wan and Anakin brave the dining hall.
    Notes: Well, I finally bothered writing something. :p This and another TFTT were sitting half done in my notebook, so I decided to go ahead and finish this one so I'd have something to post. Hope you enjoy!
    -------------------

TFTT #7 - Of Jedi and Lunchtime

"Remind me why we're here." Anakin said, earning an annoyed sigh from his master.

"Stop asking. The answer is obvious." Said Knight responded, his tone less snippy than his words. In fact, he sounded rather exhasperated.

"I woulnd't say 'obvious'." Anakin continued. "I mean, the obvious reason would be 'to eat food', but I'm not sure food is even served here."

Obi-Wan couldn't help but roll his eyes. "I've spoiled you, Anakin. It will not kill you to eat in the dining hall for once."

Anakin made an uncovinced expression in response. The duo were in the large dining hall of the Jedi Temple, sitting next to each other at one of the many tables and contemplating the food they had aquired. It had taken Anakin less than ten seconds to decide his wasn't actually edible, no matter what anyone said.

"Are you sure?" The Padawan asked, not about to give up so easily.

"Quite." Obi-Wan replied. "I've eaten here many times."

"When; after you blew all your money at a bar and couldn't afford to eat somewhere else?" Anakin asked, only to be whacked up side the head by his master. "Hey! It was a good question!"

"No." Obi-Wan responded, ignoring Anakin's last comment. "Usually it was when Qui-Gon had some odd creature in our apartment and was too busy playing with it to bother cooking."

"Which was regularly, I imagine." Anakin commented.

"You could say that."

Anakin poked at his tray cautiously. "Eating this stuff all the time... It's no wonder you're so short."

Obi-Wan sighed again, eye twitching slightly. "That has nothing to do with it." He paused a moment. "...And I am not short. I'll have you know I was quite tall for my age when I was a Padawan."

"I don't believe you." Anakin said. "And I blame the cafeteria food. For your shortness, not for me not believing you. Anyway, I'm still growing; you don't want me to end up short like you, do you?"

"I don't think you're have to worry about that, seeing as you're already taller than I am, and don't need to get any more so." Obi-Wan responded with another eye-roll, before stabbing delicately at his own untouched food.

"Someone's a bit bitter." Anakin commented, then noticed the poking and leaned over towards him. "Hey. You're not eating this stuff either."

"Stop peering." Obi-Wan responded, shuffling a few inches away.

"Stop being hypocritical." Anakin shot back, crossing his arms. "You're not touching this poor excuse for food, so why should I?"

"You're still growing, remember?"

"Clever." Anakin said, turning his eyes towards the ceiling and sighing dramatically. "I got stuck with the smart-mouth master."

"Which is good for you." Obi-Wan responded, not fazed. "And it makes up for me being stuck with the most arrogant Padawan in the history of the Jedi Order."

"Which is a title I stole from you, right?"

"Yes."

They both looked at each other for a moment, then simultaneously began laughing.

"Alright. Come on, you spoiled brat, let's go." Obi-Wan said after a minute or so, shaking his head and standing up.

"Where're we going?" Anakin asked, still smiling as he stood up as well.

"Somewhere were they serve food. That is what you wanted, what?"

"You're the best master ever." Anakin declared brightly. "I take back what I said about you being short."

"Flattery will get you no where." Obi-Wan replied, amused, before glancing back at Anakin with a rather evil expression.

"But paying will."

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    "You're still growing, remember?"

"Clever." Anakin said, turning his eyes towards the ceiling and sighing dramatically. "I got stuck with the smart-mouth master."

"Which is good for you." Obi-Wan responded, not fazed. "And it makes up for me being stuck with the most arrogant Padawan in the history of the Jedi Order."

"Which is a title I stole from you, right?"

"Yes."

They both looked at each other for a moment, then simultaneously began laughing.

"Alright. Come on, you spoiled brat, let's go." Obi-Wan said after a minute or so, shaking his head and standing up.

"Where're we going?" Anakin asked, still smiling as he stood up as well.

"Somewhere were they serve food. That is what you wanted, what?"

"You're the best master ever." Anakin declared brightly. "I take back what I said about you being short."

"Flattery will get you no where." Obi-Wan replied, amused, before glancing back at Anakin with a rather evil expression.

"But paying will."

Such clever bantering - but love, love, love that lat line. Brilliant.

3. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    "But paying will."

[face_laugh] That was great!

I don't usually read many stories from the PT, but when there's one of yours, I just have to drop by! :) I love your light-hearted humor and arguing between the Anakin and Obi-Wan. It's perfect!

So cute and very funny! Great job!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great humor in this again. loved it[face_laugh][face_laugh]

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

At least Obi-Wan finally admitted defeat.

Loved the banter between the two!

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004

"But paying will."

Ain't that the truth!? [face_laugh]

=D=

7. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was great, Amrita! A good pick-me-up after school. I love the banter. You write it so well. :) I can only imagine what their food looked like. :p

=D= I hope you continue to write more of these!

8. Amrita_Glittersong

Amrita_Glittersong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2007
    Valairy_Scot - Hehe, glad you liked! I love writing banter, especially between those two.

dancing_star - Aw, thanks! That makes me feel all special. Glad you liked it!

earlybird-obi-wan - Hehe, thanks!

KELIA - Eeeeeevery so often Obi remembers that discretion is the better part of valor. [face_laugh] Thanks!

VaderLVR64 - :p Exactly! Glad you liked.

Nienna_Narmolanya - Thank you! I have so much fun writing banter, and I'm glad people like reading it too! Hehe, I wanted to leave the look of the 'food' to the horror of the readers' imagination. [face_laugh] I definately shall continue writing these; they're so much fun.

9. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Awesome! And so funny [face_laugh]!

"When; after you blew all your money at a bar and couldn't afford to eat somewhere else?" Anakin asked, only to be whacked up side the head by his master. "Hey! It was a good question!"

"No." Obi-Wan responded, ignoring Anakin's last comment. "Usually it was when Qui-Gon had some odd creature in our apartment and was too busy playing with it to bother cooking."

Oh man, these lines had me cracking up at Anakin's bar joke and the Qui-Gon creature reference. So good!

And by the time I got to the end, I was pretty much just quoting everything to put in here, so I decided to save space and just say that I loved all of it. Please keep writing these; they are hysterical!

Great job!

10. ClaudiaR

ClaudiaR Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    I've been away from the boards for a while so I didn't comment one your fics
    but I love them still!
    I love the ! A title i stole from you"
    and how Obi-wan will make him pay!

Love it!!!

11. ACE_Albert

ACE_Albert Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2007
    Literally laugh-out-loud funny. Great vignette!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.