main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Love and Marriage : pre-ESB H/L: Updated 6/28/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by J_Girl, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Check's in the mail, J-Girl. :)

Greeaaaaaat post. Nice cliff hanger. Can't wait to see what happens next!!! I guess now would not be the time to admit that I would pounce on Han, truth serum or not. ;)

2. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    OMG, Dexgirl you left the post there??? Wow, she's doing the cliffhanging thing *and* she's gonna get lots of Yanksfan's $$ for it. ;)

3. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Yanksfan: No, this is not a bad time to mention thatyou would pounce on Han. :) Personally, I would have done it as soon as they were in the speeder on the way to the Garden Palace, then again, I would pounce on Han at first sight as I am sure you would agree. Oh, and feel free to bribe me for some more. ;)

boushh2187: heh heh, as you know, cliffhangers just come along with the territory in my fics. Plus, now I finally get to put the mercenary side of me into action. I dexinitely picked up a thing or two from a certain scoundrel we all know and love. ;)

4. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    J_Girl...I just had to look at your fic. I'm not usually a big Leia/Han fan I'm rather drawn to Ani/AMi but you thread look advertsing and I hust has to see what it was about.

I like your idea and the plot, this is a trust romance :) and I'm a romantic at heart :D Please keep going..Leia a Queen and Han a King sounds great.

Waiting eagerly for next post

Amidala

5. WILFBIRD

WILFBIRD Jedi Master star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    I'm addicted to this fic after only 2 posts. Please post soon.

6. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Did someone say.........DEX??!!!

No? Ah, oh well, i suppose I'll up this fic anyway. ;)

7. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001

Amidala_Skywalker: I know what you mean about the romance thing. I am a sucker for it myself. I think I can say it gets more romantic as the story progresses. ;)

WILFBIRD: Addicted, huh? Well, that is very good news for me. :)

Dant: LOL, :D

Are you guys suuuurrree you want another post? I mean, I'm supposed to be writing this other fic.....

8. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    J-Girl, look out your window. See that shiny new ferrari out front? It's all yours. All I need is another post from you, kiddo. :)

9. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    WOW! Nice work! I can't wait to see where this goes!

10. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Ooh cliffhanger. Sneaky :)

Nice job, can't wait for the next one :)

11. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Yanksfan: Ooh, nice! Harry is gonna look extra hot riding around in that with me. I might even let him drive. ;)

Jedi-Jade: I am a fan of your fics, too. Nice yo see you here.

Sweetheart: I don't have that many cliffhangers in this one, but I am gonna try to use what I do have. It makes it more fun that way. ;)

Ok, ok, hmmm, a post, a post... hmmm.. I must have one somewhere around here..... Ah.... here it is!

Previous: Chapter 2: Testing the Magic Potion, Princess?

Chapter 3: The Big Question?

Leia?s heart dipped at the question, but found no way to summon her voice. She was far too occupied sinking into the depths of his soul. She had no choice. There was nowhere else she could possibly force herself to stare, except into his mesmerizing hazel eyes. They beckoned to her, drew her to them, seduced her. They told her things she didn?t want to know, but desperately wanted to hear him say. She knew the look in her own eyes betrayed her, telling him things she still did not fully understand.

?? no,? she said in a small voice. ?Do you??

?No,? he murmured and shook his head slowly.

The elation of this small, but mutual admission was extremely encouraging. Frozen in place, staring, and wondering how to proceed, their intense eye contact only served to let their emotions overwhelm them almost uncontrollably. Han found himself focused on her lips and how sweet they would taste.

?Now what?? Leia was finally able to utter. She was imagining herself being caught up in his strong arms.

?You tell me you love me,? he breathed unsteadily. He didn?t move, not wanting to take the chance that she would deny his demand. Valiantly, he fought the desire to pull her to him and kiss her until she confessed. He didn?t care why he wanted her to love him. At that moment, all he cared about was that she did love him.

Leia?s eyes answered for her immediately, but she still held back. From somewhere hidden within her heart, the undeniable urge to tell him that she did, indeed, love him burst to the surface of her consciousness. Shocking in its strength and clarity, Leia couldn?t believe that she hadn?t truly realized the depth of her feelings before. Now that she was aware, she yearned to confess the secret that she had concealed even from herself. Yet, her fear of everything else? of Han truly returning those feelings, of him not returning those feelings, of him inevitably leaving, the future, what it all meant? was still much more overwhelming. The confused princess closed her eyes and drew a deep breath, willing her control to come back to her. Turning away, she gazed off into the garden as if the answers were there.

?For the sake of argument? suppose that were true,? Leia finally whispered softly, unable to help herself. She didn?t say the words aching deep inside of her, the very words he wanted to hear, but it felt like a release of tension nonetheless. Just the idea of loving him caused a wonderful feeling to course though her, but it also felt frightening and far too distressing to deal with. Besides, there was the Rebellion. And that was what she was living for now. Here was her chance to put the idea of any romance to rest.

Han?s heart thumped in simultaneous joy and fear. ?Go on,? he coaxed, trying to maintain a steady voice. She hadn?t actually admitted to loving him, he had to remind himself. She was supposing and only that. All Leia was admitting to here was that there was a possibility that she might feel something, maybe . A hint of a hint, but it was more than he had to go on before. Up until now, Solo had only his hopeful suspicions, a shared intense moment here and there, and catching her furtively glancing at him, all of which he added to his blustering confidence.

?It would just open up a set of new problems,? Leia sighed resignedly, shaking her head.

He jerked back

12. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    This just keeps getting better and better. I can't wait for the next installment. :)

13. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Awww poor Han. Well I guess we knew they couldn't really hook up since they're not together in ESB..but I was still hoping! :)

Nice job again :)

14. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Your characterization (sp?) of Han and Leia are terrific in this post! Nice work! Keep it up! :)

15. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    LOVE this scene!!! It just makes me want to take Han home and....well, I won't go there. :D

The best is yet to come!! :)

16. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    The best is yet to come?!?!

We're really in for a treat then!!!! :D

Great work, J_Girl! :)

~*~Bria

17. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Great post. :) Loved the "Please?" bit. :D And yeah the best is yet to come... Gotta agree on that. ;)

18. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Sologal: Patience is a virtue - or so I hear. Keep checking in. I am a frequent poster type.

sweetheart: to quote everyone's favorite princess: "It's not over yet." ;)

Jedi-Jade: thanks! I try my best to keep them in character and I like to hear that I have been successful.

Dant: you may not go there, but I have no such problems. Of course, you already know that. ;) Dex!

bria: thanks

boushh2187: So glad I could 'please' you. thanks! :)

Yeah, I have to agree, the best is yet to come. So I will make you all a deal: You keep replying and I will keep posting. Deal?

19. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    one good up for the night and I am outta here.

Oh, I should mention that it was never intended for Han to be crowned King in the this fic. If they do decide to go through with any of this - and I am not saying that they are, mind you - Leia would take over the throne and Han would just be, well, Han, you know, the gorgeous scoundrel at her side. :)

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Loved the Post, J_Girl! I think that potion has alreadly began to work ;) Please post soon! If Leia does take the throne will Han be King?

Amidala

21. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Yikes -- now I am dying of curiousity. What happens next?? Personally, I want him to kiss her, and then....we'd see what happens. But then, the romantic tension is delicious, too.

Leia, Han -- quit stalling around and go for it.

22. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Hee hee...suspenseful huh? ;)

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Just get married already!

Great posts, J_Girl. I'm loving this story! ;)

24. WILFBIRD

WILFBIRD Jedi Master star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    Hey J_Girl. Eagerly awaiting the next instalment.

25. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Ooohhh, this is FUN, J_Girl! Thoroughly enjoying it. Great job -- can't wait for more! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.