main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Love and Marriage : pre-ESB H/L: Updated 6/28/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by J_Girl, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Now see J_Girl. I'm not the only one being impatient. ;)

2. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Amidala Skywalker: Yeah, I think the potion is having an effect, too. ;) And no, Han was never meant to be king in this fic. take a look at my post just above yours for more of what I mean by that.

Dally: :) Personally, I always want him to kiss me, um, I mean, her .

Dant: guess it's working, huh? ;)

Sara Kenobi: don;t you wish they vould hear you? And thanks!

WILFBIRD: glad to see you are still here and eager. :)

set271: hey! thanks! Fun is what I am aiming for.

sologal: thanks! you won't have to wait long.

ok, I guess everyone is ready, sooooo.....

Previous: Chapter 3: The Big Question?

Chapter 4: What's In This Stuff?

A million things jumbled through his mind. What was he going to do? He wanted to help her. He really did. But this? He had very few beliefs from his Corellian Clan heritage that he clung to, but the idea of marriage being sacred had always been most important to him. It was one of the very reasons he avoided it altogether. Aw, Leia? Sweetheart, why this? Why now? Could he bring himself do this for her?

Solo would give his life for her without a thought. She had been right about that. He had always felt a strong sense of protectiveness towards the petite princess. That thought made something pleasant tingle at the back of his mind. It whispered, Why? He supposed it had partly to do with how they met, partly to do with his kinship to her regarding their mutual loss of family, and partly that he cared about her. After all, they were friends when all was said and done. Friends. Maddeningly so at times, but friends just the same.

A warm feeling spread through his veins. Han Solo had never had many people in his life that he considered a trusted friend, but somehow he had picked up two in the last few years. Luke and the princess had found their way into his heart and ? Han smirked silently at his unusual choice of terms. My heart? The warm feeling became stronger, more encouraging. Well, he understood Luke. He was simply a good kid. What you saw was what you got with Luke. Leia, however, was another story entirely. Simple was not a word he could apply to her. Princess Leia was single-minded in her goals on the surface, but a complex woman lurked underneath. It was a complexity that had intrigued Solo and begged him to tease her until she gave him a fleeting peek at the real her. He couldn?t resist the challenge. He had to admit it was one of the things he enjoyed about their relationship. One of the things, his mind nudged coaxingly.

Han smiled to himself. Yes, there were other things. He admired Leia?s strength, courage, determination, and her quick wit that matched his own and even bested him now and then, all wrapped up in one beautiful package. You have to love her? love? Why did that feel so good? I love her? The deep feeling increased twofold. Han couldn?t dismiss the notion that the elixir was affecting him. I love her. It was no longer a question. It was a realization of the truth. A truth he had long fought to deny to himself. Han felt like jumping up, taking Leia into his arms and twirling her around while kissing her breathless.

In fact, he was just about to when it hit him ? the marriage. Solo?s heart sank. Now it was worse. How could he deal with the marriage? He loved her, of that he was now sure. He was not as sure of Leia?s feelings, however. She had admitted to caring about him and alluded to possibly feeling more, but that was not the same thing as loving him. Han thought about their prolonged intense eye contact from before. He had believed he saw so much there, but maybe it had been wishful thinking. Leia hadn?t said she loved him, she had asked him to marry her. Han smirked to himself again considering the irony of the situation. Then sighed, Well, Solo

3. mara_skywalker

mara_skywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2001
    good post,
    cant wait for more

4. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Ooooooh!!!! WOW! I'm all caught up now. *Great* post. I'm strangely nervous though. I mean, they're not going to regret this in the morning when it wears off, will they?

Can't wait for more. :)

5. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Oh, Han, you made the right choice!!! :D

Dexster, you are doing SUCH an awesome job!!! Trust me, everyone, you want more posts!!! :) :) :)

6. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Dexgirl you are truly awesome. :D

PS: How did Han's hair feel again? ;)

PPS: Dant that goes for you too... :D

7. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    "Count me in". Ahhh . . . Han is so sweet (of course he would probably brain me if he heard me say that). More please. :)

8. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    mara skywalker : thanks! :)

yanksfan : remember that potion is still working it's 'magic' for the whole 24 hours, so ::shrugs:: we'll see

dant : hey, it's Han. ;)

boushh2187 : it was soooo good! :D :D :D :D It made me MELT! I wanna do it again and again! Just the idea of running my fingers against his hair above his ear makes me tremble uncontrollably. [face_love]

Dant? you want to chime in on this?

9. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    OK, why must you guys remind me?? It's so hard to not just run back to him!!!

Ahhh, the beauty........I remember it like it was last Saturday!

10. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    sologal : just wanted to let you know I didn't leave you out, you just posted while I was writing mine. thanks! and keep on reading, ok?

Dant: only last Saturday? Oh man, it feels like it was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.....

11. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Hmmm, I suppose in a way it does feel like it was 12 years ago, at least. ;)

12. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great post! You've really got me hooked and eagerly awaiting the next post.

13. Lari

Lari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2001
    Hey, just noticed this! Yay! I love pre-ESB H/L! And you're writing this really well (I gather that we're supposed to call you Dexgirl, is that right?), not rushing anything.

Looking forward to more!

Oh, and I love it that Han was the one who had a hard time getting past his romantic view of marriage!

14. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Oh, this is WAY to good to NOT be at the top!!! :D

15. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Agree with Lari -- it's fun seeing Han the Romantic. :) Great post!! ALWAYS looking forward to more! :D

16. JediLeiaSolo

JediLeiaSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2001
    Now, I have to admit: I don't normally read the mushy stories. I guess I just need some good 'ol torture to make everything worthwhile...

That said, this story is really wonderful. I guess I'm a closet mushpot! Anyway, keep up the great work, this is just so adorable!

All the best,
    JediLeiaSolo

17. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Great post!!

18. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Aw, c'mon, Dexster, where's the new post? You're torturing these poor people. ;)

19. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001

Kab730 : thanks and the wait is almost over.

Lari : I answer to J Girl or Dexgirl, whichever, :). I am I must say I am also a big fan of you Leia as the Emperor's Hand fic. I recommend it to everyone.

set271 : I don't know, I have always thought of Han as a romantic kind of scoundrel myself, ;)

LeiaJediSolo : So, let me get this right, you saying 'Don't go all mushy on me,' right? Ahh, no where would Han and Leia be without a little mush now and then? :)

Sara Kenobi : Thanks!

Dant : I am not torturing, just letting the readers get a good look see at the latest, that's all. ;) But hey, when the Mush Master says to post, smart people post. :D

Dexgirl :D

20. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Thanks again for reading everyone! Here is some more.....

Previous: Chapter 4: What?s in This Stuff? or you could just scroll up this page

Chapter 5: Whoever Said Anything About a Prince?

Leia awoke to the fresh scent of flowers floating in from the gardens below. As she dressed, she couldn?t help but think about her undeniable excitement the night before. Suddenly, her feelings for Han were careening out of control. She dressed quickly, only interested in going to find him. She needed to see him for some reason that she couldn?t understand. It was early, but she hesitated to see if he was in his room across the hall. With her emotions running high, she was afraid of what he might think she was implying. It was a crazy thought, but she wasn?t sure she was thinking completely clearly anyway. So, why was she seeking him out then? Again, Leia had no answer for herself. She only knew that she had to find him and be near him. Must be that damn potion. She absently wondered how he was feeling as she made her way down the stairs.

She found Han in the same room as she had found him the night before. This time he looked up at her instantly, a smile spreading across his face at the sight of her. ?Mornin?, Sweetheart.?

?Good morning, Han. You?re up early.? She felt a small sense of relief being in the same room with him again.

?Couldn?t sleep. Guess it?s those pre-wedding jitters you hear about,? Han remarked, sitting down on the long sofa near the doors leading out to the garden.

The wedding. How could she have forgotten about the wedding? Was he backing out? Leia walked toward the luxurious sofa, feeling inexplicably drawn there. ?Have you changed you mind??

?No, it?s just a joke. What the matter?? Han could see her mind was elsewhere, otherwise she probably wouldn?t have taken him so seriously. She knew him better than that. Once he said he would do something, he did it ? especially where she was concerned. Funny, the princess had a way of getting him to do things that he normally wouldn?t do. Solo wondered if she knew the power she held over him in that regard. He reached out for her hand and pulled Leia willingly down to sit next to him.

Staring at the gardens beyond the open doors, she sighed. ?I don?t know. Nothing.?

Han looked more closely at her. There was something in her expression, but he couldn?t decide what. ?Have you contacted your uncle yet??

Leia shook her head, ?Not yet.? She felt nervous sitting so near to him, but it was exciting at the same time. She strove to maintain a normal demeanor. It wouldn?t do for Han to suspect that she had an inexplicable urge to be near him and that she was liking it far too much.

?Well, look, he seemed pretty sure of himself yesterday, I wouldn?t be surprised if the old fossil is making plans already anyway.?

Leia smirked, ?That old fossil is about to become your in-law.? And Han was about to become her husband! This was not how she envisioned these events in her life. Then again, what had worked out the way she had envisioned them? No matter, she would just deal with it, like it or not, it had to be done.

Han chuckled, ?Yeah, more royalty, just what I need.? When Leia showed no reaction at all, he became concerned, ?Are you okay with this??

?I have to be. Too much is depending on it,? Leia said in that stoic voice she tended to use in situations like this.

?Don?t sound too excited, Your Worship,? Han said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

She snapped her head up to look at him, ?It?s not yo- I just never thought I would be getting married like this?? she looked away, ?because I had to.?

Han squeezed her hand in reassurance. If he was going through with this, the least he could do was be there for her. He tried to make light of the situation, ?I guess I?m not the prince you were hoping for, huh??

21. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Still loving it Dexgirl. :) Did I ever tell you this is my favorite time period for fics? :D

22. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    I think these posts just keep getting better. Ha ha, I love it. You manage to get Han and Leia *engaged* and STILL not be able to admit their feelings for eachother! Quite the feat. ;) Can't wait to see what's coming next. :)

Stoned Rose :D

23. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    WOW! I'm really impressed! Nice work! :)_

24. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I'm speechless, Fantastic so far J_Girl! Keep going, I mustn't have noticed you post about Han and not being a King before sorry.

Waiting for the next fantastic post, :)

Amidala

25. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Ahhh, what great tension between Han and Leia!! :D You've got them down perfect! And I love Han's scene with the king.
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.