main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Love and Marriage : pre-ESB H/L: Updated 6/28/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by J_Girl, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
  2. Han_Leia

Han_Leia Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    Really? Where is it?

PLEASE! MORE!!!!!!!!!

3. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

I know you've been lurking around here, J-Girl.

So...? * taps foot impatiently *

4. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    la di da, la di do, if you don't update, we'll be mad at YOU!

I spent SO much time on that beautiful piece of poetry, :p

5. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    It's been almost a year since I set my Active Topic Notification on this fic...a whole year without an update! AHHH! But, don't worry, I'll be renewing it...:D

6. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    It's my birthday and I'll post if I want to..... I want to!

During dinner, it finally dawned on Leia that Han was jealous of Luke regarding her. She was surprised because she hadn?t seen any evidence of it before now. Maybe here and there, but she had played that off as Han?s ego in general, more than anything specifically related to her. The revelation of a new aspect in her ambivalent relationship with Solo sparked something inside of her. Whether that spark was a good or bad thing, she wasn?t sure. Suddenly, she made a decision because of it though. Rather than examine anything too closely, she still knew it was the right one.

Leia could hear Solo before she saw him. His vociferous frustration formed a trail through the Falcon for her to follow straight to the annoyed captain. This was not the mood in which she had hoped to find him, nevertheless this was the time. She approached quietly, yet Solo sensed her behind him.

?How was your date?? he cracked without looking up from his work.

?Do you still want to go to Ord Mantell?? With her head bowed, the question was softly spoken to the air in front of her.

Caught completely off guard by her tone, Solo stopped what he was doing. It was gently quiet, yet not resigned in any way as he might have expected. Still, he didn?t turn around.

?Yeah.?

?Why?? Her tone continued in with its mildness, although the question had a distinct tentative quality to it.

Picking up a red work rag, Solo absentmindedly cleaned his hands off as he stood up and turned to face her. He had no idea what happened between the last time the spoke and now, but here she was defenses down. This Leia was the Leia he wanted to take into his arms and hold her tightly until she felt safe from the universe around them. Instead, he stood still with her just out of arm?s reach.

?So I know that you?ll be safe.?

Leia froze her expression as quickly as possible and nodded her head, ?Okay.? Unable to hold her facial features still any longer, she quickly turned and headed out of the Falcon. Grateful for the chance to let the bursting play of emotions on her face free reign for a few moments.

Han Solo stood outside of Princess Leia?s quarters on base. With a bottle in one hand, he was frozen in place, unable to decide whether he should activate the door announcer. It was exactly one month to the day since they had been married on Uluruan. The rebels were beginning to settle into their new frozen base on Hoth.

True to his word, Solo had not mentioned to anyone what had taken place while they were there. When Chewie had pressed again for a report, Solo had kept it vague, citing ?the usual.? Han said they had made an emergency stop for repairs and had run into some local trouble, nothing they couldn?t handle. That was it.

Chewbacca wasn?t buying it, though. He had noticed a difference in his captain since their return. A definite softening could be detected in Solo?s behavior towards the princess and vice versa, for that matter. They continued to trade jibes as usual, but there was a distinct new underlying tone to it all. It was no longer just about sharp insults. Now, the banter had become more relationship-oriented in nature. Solo was flirting more directly and openly than ever before in the never-ending battle of wills. For her part, Leia continued to do an admirable job of putting him in his place, but as a keen observer of behavior, Chewie could see she was more affected than she once had been. Something had happened between Han Solo and the princess and it wasn?t something either one of them could easily brush off no matter how hard they were trying.

Shifting his weight, Solo ran his hand through his hair. What was he doing? Her Worship had made it very clear that she never wanted to talk about the marriage again. Plus, it was getting late, either she went to bed or was immersed in reports for tomorrow?s briefings. Solo figured it was more likely the latter, knowing her penchant for working late. If th

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

A post, a post, A POST!!!!

...hyperventilates...

...is dizzy...

...is dizzy...

...is dizzy...

...faints...

...stirs weakly...

...takes drink of water then dashes it on face...

She posted, she posted, she POSTED!

[face_dancing] =D= 8-} [face_dancing] =D= 8-} [face_dancing] =D= 8-} [face_dancing] =D= 8-} [face_dancing] =D= 8-} [face_dancing] =D= 8-} [face_dancing] =D= 8-} [face_dancing] =D= 8-}

Oh, my goodness! What a wonderful, wonderful post! And what a lovely birthday present--to us! [face_love]

Ahhh...so both of them are softening in their feelings and STILL afraid to say it! (I'm dying for them to kiss!)

- And Han giving Leia the Falcon's Eye with the codes to the Millennium Falcon!! :eek: WOW. If that's not a declaration of love I don't know what is. Wake UP, Leia! * smacks silly princess *

And then you leave us on a cliffie and tell us all this good stuff was written over TWO YEARS AGO???

* shakes fist at J-Girl * It's a good thing you're a damn good author or else....hell, or else I'd never have waited around so long for more of this story! ;)

* sends Birthday cake and champagne to author *

Great post!!!!

8. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    J_Girl!!!!!!!!: Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

What a sweet scene between the two of them (and on their anniversary, too ;) )! I loved the description of the necklace AND the fact that he gave her the codes to his precious ship. C'mon, Leia! Figure out what that means, would ya???

Happy Birthday!!!! Aren't WE supposed to be the ones giving you presents? ;)

Looking forward to more!!!

9. Melodious

Melodious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Tehee...A post! i'd say two years is worth the wait, especially to see them go to ord Mantell together!

the other post is written? does this mean another post soon?

10. Han_Leia

Han_Leia Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    A new chapter! A new chapter! *jumps up and down*

I love it! It was great! I want more! More! I love it!

11. SomeoneWhoLovesYou

SomeoneWhoLovesYou Jedi Master star 1

May 22, 2005
    I really like this story! Please post more!

12. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    AHHHHHH! AHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHH!

*faints*

A post! It's really a post!!!

AND I LOVED IT!

Han giving Leia the codes to the Falcon - so sweet!

Unfortunately, I'm getting a bad feeling about this Ord Mantell thing...hopefully nothing bad will happen to my favorite smuggler!

Happy Birthday, J-Girl! *sends more sugary treats to keep J-Girl posting*

13. hansolorox

hansolorox Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2004
    Wonderful job from what ive read so far! i have to finish this thing! its awesome!

14. danish_head

danish_head Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2004
    great post! worth the wait!

and happy birthday!

15. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} =D= =D= =D= =D=

I can't really think of anything to add to this....

16. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

:* :* :* :* :*

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

Way back when, before I was a member of this place, I read this - in fact, it was one of the reasons I started to write. [face_laugh] So, I guess this is a delurk, but not really, since I wasn't officially a lurker . . . whatever. I'm just so excited that you updated!

Excellent and sweet! You've nailed the awkwardness of the pre-ESB relationship to a T. And I love Han's behavior - his nervousness, especially - in this last scene. Can't wait to see how this continues!

Thank you and Feliz Cumpleanos!

*KR*

17. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    I read this a long time ago, too.This post was GREAT. Good Job. I'm so glad you are posting again. I'm going to go back and read everything from the beginning again Kimmi

18. hansolorox

hansolorox Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2004
    J_Girl! I just finished what you have up so far, and WOW! that was awesome! Cant wait till we might get some real mush, but whoa! i just love it!

19. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Happy few days late birthday!!!

[face_dancing] YES!!!! MORE PLEASE!!!!!

20. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Oooh, this is wonderful! I love the necklace and wonder what it's other meaning is besides the codes to the Falcon. Han is so sweet, he remembered their anniversary. Wonder when Leia is going to find out they are still married...

21. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Yeah-I'm so glad you posted. Loved the new post,

22. Grl_Solo

Grl_Solo Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    delurking to tell you that I LOVE this story!
    Keep it coming, please!

23. HerHighness33

HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    YAY! YOU UPDATED!!! [face_dancing]*happy happy happy dance!!* [face_dancing]

That post was wonderful. I love your description of the Falcon's Eye; it sounds beautiful. And the whole Leia-in-denial thing... I loved it. All of it. Now we just have to find out if Han's going to stay!! Post soon, J-girl! :D

Oh, and LP... remember that once upon a time time when you said that if J-girl updated, you'd update Out to Win?? :cool: Wellllll....[face_mischief]

24. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    This is realy good! Can't wait for more.

25. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    HEY LADY!!!!!!!!! I was just thinking about you the other day! I'm thrilled to see you posting again! I look forward harassing you again. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.