main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Love and Marriage : pre-ESB H/L: Updated 6/28/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by J_Girl, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    NOTE: Due to techinical difficulties on this board, I cannot change the title to reflect new updates. [face_worried]

THANK YOU, Everyone! :D I?m so glad you all stuck around since my last post. It really keeps me going when writer?s block is smashing me to bits. These are the personal ?thank you?s? since I have posted.

I appreciate ALL of you so much! [face_love]

LadyPadme: [J_Girl sips at the champagne and chomps the huge hunk of cake in her hand] I?m so happy you revived yourself. I was worried for a second there. Ok, I was really back and forth about the codes with my original betas at the time, but I always liked the idea. Since it?s my fic? :) Thanks for sticking around. Things are rolling again.

QueenofAces: I?ve always liked to give presents on my birthday. It just makes me happy :) Plus, getting this going again is a present to myself, too. Maybe Leia will wake up? maybe not. Thanks!

Melodious: Yes, they are going to Ord Mantell. Yes, the second half of the above scene is already written. I hope it is worth the wait. [face_praying] Thanks for being here.

Han_Leia: You read the whole story in one day? Wow! I?m impressed! :eek: I?d have to check, but I think it?s about 86 pages according to MS Word! I remember doing the same thing with a long fic when I joined. Thanks for reading.

SomeoneWhoLovesYou: Cute name![face_love] Thank you. I will.

Laura_Anu: Thank you for renewing the active topic notification and the yummy treats! I?m so glad you loved the new post. I was double-thinking it for a long time. Bad feeling? :oops: [snaps!] That?s a phrase I have to remember to include. Thanks for reminding me!

hansolorox: You?re caught up, too? :eek: Impressive! I agree with you name. Solo does.

starwarsfan68: Thank you. :)

dm1
    : Hmm? full of questions you are. Answered you might be... [face_whistling]

Kab730: Nice to see you. Thank you for stopping by.:)

Gr_Solo: You Delurked! Thank you so much for that! Lots of smilies to you! :D :cool: [:D]

HerHighness33: YAY! YOU READ IT! :D Happy dance I?m glad you think I did the Falcon?s Eye justice [pulls out the real Falcon?s Eye that Han gave to her and stares at it lovingly] It is beautiful.

Ccp: Thank you. I always appreciate it when a reader takes the time to tell me that. :D

RogueSticks: Hey! It?s you! Yay! Of course you were thinking of me. I was practicing my Jedi-mind tricks to get everyone to come read the new post. ;) I?m off to read the one in your sig for a second time so I can comment appropriately.

Ok, I hope you all read the note above about not updating the title, but I try everday in case it is somehow fixed.

I will be putting the second half of that scene up sometime between now and the end of the coming weekend.

J_Girl

2. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    OMG...YOU UPDATED...YOU UPDATED!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW! Holy crap! *totally confused* I leave for ONE WEEK, and Limelight AND J_Girl BOTH, and I say BOTH, updated THEIR STORIES!!! I THINK MY ABSENCE MAY BE A BLESSING! ...NAH. Anyway, this is AWESOME! Limelight said that the threats (meaning my threats) were sorta what made her post...same thing here? If that's the case, then that means...

THREATENING DOES WORK! EVIL IS THE WINNER! THE DARK SIDE KICKS ASS!

*takes deep breath, grins, then walks away, feeling like a good liddle evwil apwentice**

3. Starrunner

Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    :eek: =D= :D

OMG! Awesomeness! It's back, it's back, its back,!!!

:D

MORE!!!!![face_praying]

4. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    HanSolosGal: Thank you for reading and always happy to see you :) Just so you know, the Darkside and threats just bring out the Jedi in me. I posted because it was my birthday. :D

Starrunner: Yup! It's back and more before Monday! Thank you for reading! :D

I'm so excited to hear from everyone! This is great!

J_Girl

5. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    J-Girl, you'll find I'm full of..... questions.

Keep this going, I love this story, and can't wait for the next update!

6. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    J_GIRL!!!!!!!!! I knew you'd come back!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

That post was awesome! =D=

Han is being so cute! [face_love] :* Giving Leia the codes to the Falcon is a really big step. (Let's hope Leia doesn't do something stupid now [face_praying] :p )

I'm glad to see you're back in the saddle again. :p

Eagerly awaiting more, as always.

I think I have to go back and read this again, just to make sure I remember all the details. I'll enjoy it though. ;)

7. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Hey, HSG, speaking of all these updates, LadyPadme, true to her word, updated "Out to Win!" She promised, and delivered, check it out!

This is great! Now we can all get our H/L fix! :D

8. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    Been checking for an update everyday.

Enjoying this story, I am.

9. HanSolosGal

Dec 22, 2004
    omg, I never read Out to WIn!!!!!!!:eek: *runs like hell to go read*

10. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    dm1: [face_laugh] Thanks! If you're full of questions, that let's me be full of surprises!

I'm glad to see you're back in the saddle again.

Jaina_and_Jag: It so nice to see you! I'm so glad you are still popping in. Ooh, you just gave me a reason to use the icon I've been dying to try out... Of course, I'm back in the saddle again. After all, I am a cowgirl! [face_cowboy]

...and before anybody thinks they're being funny monkey [face_monkey] ... and you know who you are... moo! [face_cow]

dm1: the more H/L on the boards, the merrier we H/L fans all are. Yay!

kimmi: Thank you so much for checking that often. :cool: I will try to make it worth you while. :)

HanSolosGal: ok, I can definitely encourage that, but see to it that you find your way back here, young lady! :p

You never know, I was thinking of posting this weekend. It'll be the other half of the last post. Things could happen. [face_devil]

::voice inside of J_Girl's head:: Happen? Things? Oooh, What do you suppose she means by that?
    ::eek:ther voice inside her head:: Pipe down and get the popcorn!

::J-Girl to voices:: Will you both shut up? I've got to think of things to happen. Nice readers are waiting. :D

J_Girl [face_peace]

11. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Sorry, guys, I left my laptop over my boyfriend's house last night. :rolleyes: I'm going to pick it up after work today and then I can get the new post up.

J_Girl

12. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I'm not even going to go there with that comment...

Looking forward to the new post!

13. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Can't wait!

*KR*

14. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    dm1: [face_laugh] Thanks for not going there. [face_laugh] What can I say?;)

KnightedRogue: You'll see it before the sun rises again!

J_Girl [face_peace]

15. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    You can't, but I bet that must have been some distraction...

16. HanSolosGal

Dec 22, 2004
    [5-year old voice] OOOOOO, J_Girl has a BOYFRIEND! [face_mischief]:p [/5 year old voice]

Yea, I won't go there either...;)[face_batting] :D

You thank your lucky stars that I'm in a nice mood! If I wasn't, I probably would have teased you to no END about that, knowing my immatureness!! :D:p[face_laugh]

17. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Before the sun rises?? :eek: - But, but.... GO is OLD, and goes to bed at 9! [face_laugh]

18. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Hey, dm1 is old, too! Oh, well, catch it in the morning, provided J_girl gets her laptop back!

19. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    OK, considering it's 10PM and I'm still in my office, it's not a good sign. I swear the Darkside is conspiring against me today. Ok, I'm so not going to get my laptop back tonight considering I have to be back here first thing in the morning and I haven't left yet.

However, I've been practicing my Jedi mind tricks and convinced aforementioned boyfriend to drop off aforementioned computer so it is waiting for me when I arrive home tomorrow night.

Bet you guys didn't think accountants worked late in June, did ya? ..... neither did I, ugh!:-B :(

J_Girl

20. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    My roommate's an accounting major and she says "uh huh". I think that's some sort of accountant code for "rock on, sister" but I'm unable to verify the truth of that statement. [face_laugh]

No worries, no worries. It's all good. I'm sure you'll get the post up sometime soon. :D

Good night,

KR

21. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    At least the laptop has a good home until you get it back, right?

Look how late I'm up! Yucch! That's what being my husband's job search manager does... Can only surf for jobs and concentrate after all the kiddies are in bed and asleep. Otherwise, they wander down to the basement and start whining at me. We kind of e-mail each other in the middle of the night (hubby and I), because his current job takes him away from home 4 1/2 days a week. Goodness, I miss him! :_|

I'm rambling, I'd better get some sleep. [face_tired] Hopefully, you'll get your laptop back and post soon. Can't wait, whenever it is!

22. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Poor J-Girl! :(

Hey, if you're stuck late, gimme a call and you can come over for a cuppa and relax on your way home :D

ANYTHING to help that muse along :p

23. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Congrats, LP, on your daughter's 1st birthday! I remember the short hiatus you took in writing "Phoenix." Can't believe it's been a year already! Time flies....

24. Han_Leia

Han_Leia Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    Hey, LadyPadme, same goes!

Wouldn't it be great to get a new chapter of In Name Only AND Of Love and Marriage? I would sure love it!

25. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    All righty then... where were we? Ahh yes, a post. Ok, I skipped out of work early - never underestimate the power of J_Girl's Jedi mind tricks when it comes to her Trekkie boss [face_devil] - muwahahaha! [face_shame_on_you] Hey! It was for a good cause! O:) I wanted to get this post up because good or bad (and I really wish I had rewritten it) but let's get past it and move on already, right?

Thanks for being patient! I'll check in later with replies, of course.

Finding her eyes, he searched a long moment for some softness beneath the antagonism masking her hidden sadness. Seeing just a hint of it, he took another breath and plunged headlong, ?I?ve decided to stay on here as long as you need me.?

Stay?!

The surprise registered on her face even before her brain fully processed it.

Stay?! Slowly that word sank through her consciousness taking on true meaning.

Moments later, her entire being seemed to light up as she jumped into his arms, ?Han, that?s wonderful!?

Pulling her close, Solo couldn?t ignore the uncanny déjà vu. The last time she hugged him with such gleeful abandon was just after the Battle of Yavin almost three years ago. She had been a young princess of an obliterated system. He had been a smuggler trying to scrape up enough credits to pay back a Tattooine crimelord. While both of those descriptions still applied, the years had rounded out their relationship. Yes, it still worked very much the same way: argumentative. Yet, the arguing had been punctuated by subtle bits of hidden exhilaration with a definitive undercurrent of protective friendship.

Solo relished the feel of Leia in his arms, excited and happy. He knew it wouldn?t last long, but for the moment he enjoyed the unmistakable fact he was responsible for her delight. All too soon, the extent of her enthusiasm created a wave of shyness that crashed over her. Regaining herself, she disengaged and stepped back to a more appropriate distance, although she continued to smile brightly.

?Are you willing to officially accept a commission with the Alliance, also??

?Don?t push it. Take it or leave it,? Han warned.

?Take it. I?m so glad you?ve decided to stay,? she beamed. Then as an obvious afterthought, she sputtered, ??on behalf of the Alliance, of course. You?ve been a great help to us, Captain.?

He was amused at her slip and encouraged. After all, he came to her quarters tonight for a reason. Han Solo was courting the princess, although he would be caught dead before calling it that. Han?s tone grew serious and steady as he stared pointedly at her.

He reached out and lightly caressed her cheek with back of his fingers, ?Who said I was staying for the Alliance??

Leia froze to the ice beneath her, looking for all of the galaxy at a complete loss for words.

Solo waited for her to say anything? anything at all. Any hint of an invitation. Soon enough, he realized her reaction would be limited to her sustained panicked stare. She couldn?t ? or was it wouldn?t? - get past the wall blocking her emotions and let him in. Solo wanted to knock that wall down so badly it almost hurt. All he had to do was lean in, wrap his arms around her and kiss her. Simple. Still, he knew it wouldn?t work. Not really. The only way was for Leia to at least begin breaking down the wall from her side. If necessary, he could meet her more than halfway, give her every opportunity, tease, provoke, cajole, flirt, anything to persuade her but unfortunately, that was all. Chagrined, he pursed his lips resignedly.

?I figure I can hide out here just as easily as anywhere while Jabba cools off.?

Han knew this wasn?t the way it worked. If anything, the Hutt?s anger was mounting by the day. The feeling of her in his arms still lingered in his mind. How could he leave her? He couldn?t. At least, not until he could get her to be open with him about her feelings.

?Right now, he?d have me killed on sight before I could offer him anything.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.