main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Love and Marriage : pre-ESB H/L: Updated 6/28/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by J_Girl, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! I LOVE MUSH! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!!!

*skips around* MUSH MUSH MUSH, ME LOVE MUSH!

Aww, they are SO CUTE!!! Giggle giggle giggle!

OH, go me, first post, SAWEET!

YAY! Update soon!

...MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!

*skips away*

2. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    ?Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart. It?s been one helluva month.?

With a wink, he was gone.
    Oh, I was waiting for him to get that one in, go Han!!! See, Leia, he remembered, isn't that wonderful?

So he's decided for the moment to stay. Now we'll have to find out what on Ord Mantell changed his mind.

When is Leia going to find out that she's still married to Han, and when is she going to learn the secret of the Falcon's eye? For that matter, when are we going to learn that secret?

Beautiful post, can't wait for the next. We're off to Ord Mantell!!!

3. danish_head

danish_head Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2004
    great post!

oh han, so sweet and protective, why can't leia see this? sigh. . .

keep up the good work :D

4. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

You know, when I first saw that you'd updated, the first thing I did was to glance over your thread quickly. And then, I admit, I was a bit disappointed at the length.

But somehow, even in a short post, you manage to produce an effect that sends tingles down my spine!

Don't you DARE make us wait 2 years to hear the answer to that one! [face_not_talking]

Wonderful post!

5. SomeoneWhoLovesYou

SomeoneWhoLovesYou Jedi Master star 1

May 22, 2005
    Awe! I loved it! So nice! Leia was so happy!

6. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    I am go glad he mentioned the anniversary!!!!!

7. Grl_Solo

Grl_Solo Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    You have to get another post up soon!!!
    I can't wait to see what happens on Ord Mantell.
    More Han and Leia romance ASAP!!!

8. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Another post, and so soon! Very good one, too. I kept waiting for an argument to break out, but it never did. :D :D But, I suppose that will happen soon enough, especially when Leia finds out about that little marriage detail, and, of course, the bounty hunter they run into! :(

9. SomeoneWhoLovesYou

May 22, 2005
    He was amused at her slip and encouraged. After all, he came to her quarters tonight for a reason. Han Solo was courting the princess, although he would be caught dead before calling it that. Han?s tone grew serious and steady as he stared pointedly at her.

OMGosh! I went back and read that many times over! I wanted to be courted. Wouldn't it be cute if someone wrote someone like... I don't know J_Girl, where Han asks Rieekan, he being Leia's "father figure" if he can court Leia. Awe! That would be so sweet!

10. Han_Leia

Han_Leia Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    Yay! A new chapter! Oh, I'm SO glad Han remembered........and let Leia KNOW that he remembered. More, please! I love it!

11. Melodious

Melodious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I loved the last line! Leia had better not have any more doubts about his memory. And maybe if Han can convince Leia to help fix the Falcon!

Come on Ord Mandell

12. Webogirl

Webogirl Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    Wow. It's true. It's really, really true. This was one of the first fics (This and Limelight's TNQLL) I ever read here. I read it last summer and waited, and waited, and waited. (Although apprently not a long as some others!)

I am so happy you updated!!!!:D

And what a great update it was!!!!!

13. SomeoneWhoLovesYou

May 22, 2005
    What is Limelight's TNQLL about?

I've never read it... Do you have a link?

14. HanSolosGal

Dec 22, 2004
    Limelight's The Not Quite Love Letters is a series of letters that take place in between ANH and ESB. IT IS ONE OF THE BEST FICS EVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!

LINKIE!!!: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1913480/1/

great great GREAT fic...If she would just update without me having to threaten her!!! :p

15. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    ?Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart. It?s been one helluva month.?
    I loved that. It's great, can't wait to see what happens on the trip.

16. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    Hey J_Girl,

I read this story before I offcially joined but it hadn't been updated in forever. I'm really excited you're updating again. There is a serious lack of H/L on the boards so every little update counts!

Can't wait for the next post!

[face_good_luck]

17. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Actually, "The Not-Quite Love Letters" has stretched into ESB time now, so we're getting a bit more than LL originally intended. Yay. Sorry. Just a note.

*KR*

EDIT: This was my 500th post. Yay. [face_laugh]

18. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Woohooo! I loved the post!!! Han is so cute...after he divorces Leia, we are totally getting married. Or at least going on a date.

19. HanSolosGal

Dec 22, 2004
    *twacks Laura_Anu* Hey, after he divorces her, I'M marrying him! Back off!!! :p

Age difference? What age difference? Hey, Leia's only what, six years older than me? So he would be what, 17 or 18 years older than me? Hehehe, I can manage, :p

*waves torch* He's mine, mine I say!!! :p

20. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    HanSolosGal: Congrats on the 1st post. I?m happy to see you?re mushed properly.

dm1: Thanks. The only part of that post I really like myself is the anniversary part. You?re questions remind me of a TV show I can?t recall - was it "SOAP" ? - when they used to ask the questions at the end much like you do and finish with ?Tune in next week to find out.? Keep them coming, but I?m not talking on any of these yet. [face_not_talking]

danish_head: Thank you. Leia is might actually see ? Oops, I don?t want to give anything away. I hope you?ll keep reading and commenting.

LadyPadme: Thank you again for changing the title to reflect the updates! :cool: Yeah, I know it?s short, I cut some out actually because I may do one extra thing with it. I would rather have started over and really punched it up, but to quote my favorite hottie ?I?ve got an idea.? [face_idea] Nope, no waiting. I am going to finish this fic! I have found a way to work on it and even spend time here, plus, I love to write in the summer.

SomeoneWhoLovesYou: Aww, Thanks! Yeah, I think she was happy, too.

starwarsfan68: Yeah, me, too. [face_shhh] Secret: it?s the only part I really like. Thanks for reading.

Grl_Solo: Very motivating! I can tell you are a natural leader. Thank you.

GreatOne: I actually deleted the argument I had there. Don?t know why, just didn?t like the flow at the time. But the nice moment had to be stunted a little bit. Their romance is on very uncertain terms at the moment no matter what Han just did. And, you?re right about more arguments to come. It wouldn?t be H/L without them. As for when she finds out? well, not talking.[face_not_talking] Bounty hunter? [checks canon] :oops: Doh! That?s right, I need a bounty hunter! Ok, we?ll do it that way. Thanks!

SomeoneWhoLovesYou: You know, I?ve recently said I didn?t write anything extra for this post and it was written 2 years ago, but, [face_liarliar] well, I did kinda write that one little part you just quoted right before I posted. I guess I wanted to see if I could still do it. So, I?m very happy to hear that you liked that part. :D As for Han going back and asking: I think you should give that one a go. I would read it.

Han_Leia: I think he had to remember. At first glance it may seem a difficult to believe that he would, but Han just recently admitted to himself that he loves her. Even scoundrels ? especially scoundrels[face_love] ? make lots of effort in the beginning when they are first in love. And how could someone like Han hold back and not let her know. When he does something, it?s never half-hearted, right? Thanks for reading.

Melodious: Thanks! Well, if you read my reply to Han_Leia just above, I think we can see why Han is making an effort to remember. I would never give up Leia?s doubts about his memory ? they are way to fun to play with in a fic. Hmm, Leia helping Han fix the Falcon. I will keep these things in mind.

Webogirl: Cool! :cool: One of the first fics![face_dancing] At least it made you stick around long enough to write which is a win/win situation for all of us. There will be more updates on a more regular basis, but no schedule. I?m way to much like Solo in that respect. It just doesn?t work well.

HanSolosGal: It?s cool to link to other fics from here as far as I?m concerned. I?m all for a good fic. Just remember to come back and read mine, okay?

ccp: Thanks! I can?t wait to see what happens either. [Sits down to wait for fic to be updated. Wonders why everyone is looking at her like that :rolleyes: ] Oh! Wait it?s me! I?m supposed to do this one. Hee hee, ok, cool.:D

IrishEyedJedi: You did? Cool! :D Thanks for sticking around. Always happy to see you. I agree the more H/L the better. [face_dancing]

KnightedRogue: It?s cool. Thanks for spending you 500th in here. Congrats.

Laura_Anu: I second that. Thanks for

21. HanSolosGal

Dec 22, 2004
    *stops twacking Laura_Anu for making a future pass at future husband*

:([face_blush] Sorry! :*O:)

22. vanameen

vanameen Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    This is exciting!!!

23. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Oh my god, not one, but TWO, TWO updates!!! Oh, what a treat!!!!

These posts were delicious. My goodness, I wanted to reach through the computer screen and give Han an encouraging hug. Go for it! Court that princess, Han! :)

And YES, having him mention the anniversary at the end of the post was perfect. So adorable. Awwwww....I can't wait for more. :)

24. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    Sorry this is late, but I just got back into town!

Like everyone else here, I LOVED the mention of the anniversary! The courting line was priceless as well.

I am a bit worried about Ord Mantell. I can't remember...did you say this was an AU???

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing where you will take this one. It's so wonderful to have you writing again.

Congrats on the raise!

25. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    HSG, I know the only reason that you were thwacking me was so you could feel my buff abs...hahaha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.