main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Love and Marriage : pre-ESB H/L: Updated 6/28/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by J_Girl, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elektra

Elektra Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 18, 2001
    Loved the post -- any chance you could get another one up in say -- the next 10 minutes?? :D It's getting late here and I have to leave at 6.30 tomorrow morning for a week. :)

2. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Take your time, Dexster. ;)

3. leia393

leia393 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Another great post.

Come one Leia, just admit it! How can anyone resist Han?

4. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Fantastic post! I loved every second of it. Great, great, greeeeaaaat post. I can't wait for more. :)

Stoned Rose :D

5. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    TorynFarr : I do know how much you like H/L fics, I see you at every fic I follow ;) That said, I still appreciate your feedback here!

Sologal : That is a really nice thing to say. And our favorite princess is always a resourceful kinda chick. She would have to be to be able to avoid a certain scruffy-looking nerfherder for this long. ;)

Elektra : Bad timing. I wasn't even here when you made the request. Glad you liked the post though. :)

Dant Solo : Thanks, Dexster! :D

leia393 : Thanks! And I know! How she hasn't jumped into his arms before now just confounds me to no end! :)

Stoned Rose : Thanks for the warm fuzzies! :)

Alright, here is the bad news : No post tonight. It will have to wait because now that I look at it, it could be so much better than it is at the moment. So I will work on it tonight and post it tomorrow so everyone will have some Han and Leia to read after the Sunday funny papers.

The GOOD news is that after some brainstorming with my ever reliable beta readers (you know who you are, ;) ), I may just have some extra posts to add towards the end of the fic. Yikes, now that I have said it, I better write it!

See you Sunday, I will NOT fail you!

Dexgirl

6. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Ooo Ooo! She's tweaking aaand she's thinking about adding. :) The dex is strong with this one, I think. ;)

7. JediLeiaSolo

JediLeiaSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2001
    Hey!

I'm still here, reading faithfully! I just lurk a lot of the time. This keeps getting better. I know I said I didn't like mushy stuff, but this is like eating chocolate for breakfast: you're not supposed to do it, but its irrisistable. :)

All the best,
    JediLeiaSolo

8. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    boushh2187 : the Force dex, that is. ;)

JediLeiaSolo : Nice to know you are still here. I would hate to think I am losing readers. And you mean to tell me you're not supposed to eat choclate for breakfast? So that's what I have been doing wrong all these years. ;)

Thanks for hanging in there all. New post up momentarily.....

Dexgirl

9. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    What am I doing here after 2:30 AM my time, you ask? I'm posting the next scene, of course. Nice to know my incurable insomnia comes in handy now and then ;)

Previous: Chapter 8: Will You Still Call Me ?Sweetheart??

Chapter 9: Exactly How Many Princesses Do You Know?

Leia was jarred awake to the sound of her door chiming insistently. Grabbing her robe lying next to the bed, she threw it on as she hurried to the outerchamber to see who it was. Briefly, she wondered what time it was and wished she had checked the chrono on the way. ?Who is it??

?It?s me, Sweetheart. Open up,? Han called back from the other side.

Leia released the lock and the door slid open. Han stood there with what she thought was a rather relieved expression on his face.

?What do you want, Han?? Leia inquired more sharply than she had intended. She pulled her robe a little tighter and ran a hand over her hair in an attempt to smooth it down. Leia knew she definitely looked worse for wear right now. Thinking about everything facing her, she had tossed and turned all night.

Han?s expression changed to his more familiar mask, ?What?s the matter, Your Worship? Nervous about gettin? married to the most gorgeous pilot in the galaxy??

?Funny, I thought I was marrying you,? she shot back, her mood now beginning to match her tone. ?Did you want something??

Actually, Han had wanted to see her before the ceremonies, but lacked an excuse. When he ran into her attendant searching for her, he conveniently volunteered to check her guest quarters. He had a good feeling that he might find her there hiding out. He was concerned about her. The marriage aside, she was undertaking the responsibility for an entire system?s welfare. Even if it was in name only for the time being, there was a very real possibility that she would preside over the throne as an active ruler at some point. He knew that Alderaan had to be onerously influencing her stress level. She was the strongest being Han had ever encountered, but she was still human. Judging by her drained appearance, he was right about how she was dealing with it. A surge of protectiveness raced through him. He ached to gather her up into his arms, kiss her, stroke her back and tell her everything was going to be all right that he was there for her.

Solo stepped past her, allowing the door to slide closed behind him. ?Your assistant is goin? crazy lookin? for you. What?s the matter??

?I must have forgotten to set the alarm,? she dismissed, watching him walk right in as if she had invited him. It was true, she had forgotten to turn it on. When she first went to bed, her mind had been in overdrive thinking about her feelings for Han. As the sleepless night wore on, thoughts of Alderaan crept in and set up camp. After that, sleep had been next to impossible. ?Han, you have to go.?

Han knew that Leia was nothing if not punctual and responsible. She wouldn?t just forget, especially not for something as important as the impending events of the day. He was determined not to let her try to this write off as if it didn?t matter. ?Tell me what?s goin? on.?

?I told you, I overslept,? the visibly fatigued princess insisted.

He softly traced the curve under Leia?s eye with the tips of his finger, ?Then why does it look like you didn?t sleep at all?? Solo wanted to convince himself it was something more easily handled, that it was only the idea that she was marrying him that was bothering her and ignore the rest of the logical reasons, but that was only a wistful wish.

?This isn?t about the wedding, is it?? Solo pushed.

The wedding. Leia couldn?t think about that at the moment. She shook her head, but said nothing.

His voice became gentle, ?Then what is it?? When she still didn?t answer, he knew he would have to be the one to say it. Han grimaced, ?Alderaan.?

As he said the name,

10. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Hey! Wake up! It's almost 4:30AM! Am I the only one who never sleeps around here? LOL

There's a new post. Didja see it? ;) No? Well, then I will up it, so it will be easier to find.

Dexgirl

11. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Holy Cow! You are so not kidding about insomnia are you? :)

Awesome post as usual. "Kill him or kiss him." Gotta love that. :)

12. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    I just love the way Han knows exactly how to get her mind off her problems. :)

Wonderful scene!!

And did I hear....additions?? Cause I have read what you already have written, but the Force knows I would LOVE more!!!!!! :D

13. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    You got their number right--you sure write them well! :D I'm anxiously awaiting more!

14. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Awww...that was so cute! :) I love how they can go from tender to at each other's throats in a few minutes. Ha ha! :) Great job J_Girl :)

15. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Ooh, look at that! A fellow middle-of-the-night poster! :)

Fabulous post. I loved how you wrapped it up with the 'kiss him or kill him' remark. LOL!

As always, I look foward to more. :)

Stoned Rose :D

16. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    boushh2187 : nope, insomnia and I have had a long time torrid affair going on for years.

Dant Solo : Always wanting more, now you sound like me, ;)

LovelyLea : Happy to hear you think so. Thanks!

Sweetheart : Yup, tis the nature of the princess and the pirate.

Stoned Rose : no wonder I seem to see you posts before most of other your fans ;) Thanks!

As for the 'kiss him or kill him' remark, that was added minutes before I posted. It just came to me outta nowhere, but it does seem to fit, doesn't it? At least I think it came out of nowhere, now I am wondering if I haven't used it before in one of my other fics. LOL. Now see what a little extra time can bring? :)

Thanks, stay tuned...
    Dexgirl

17. Lindy2

Lindy2 Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2001
    More please! I'd still be happy if you took this AU, just as long as they're together.

18. TorynFarr

TorynFarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 27, 2000
    Wherever there is a H/L fic....I'll be there ;)

geez, and I thought I stayed up late...
    "kill him or kiss him. Either way it promised to be a showdown" <-- I love that line!

19. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Lindy2 : Welcome! And there will be more as long as there are readers. :) Don't worry, the reason I write fanfic is to force these two fun personalites to crash together for amusement. Does that make any sense?

TorynFarr : Not just up late, just always up, LOL. And you know, I really like that line too, if I do say so myself. :)

More soon...
    Dexgirl

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Wow, fantastic post! I'm hanging on for them to kiss and reveal their feelings for each finally.

Eagerly awaiting next post!

Amidala

ps: I'd love to read more of your work :)

21. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Another great post J_Girl. :) I eagerly await the next post. :)

Oh, and I vote for those added scenes. ;)

22. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    There's an awful lot of moisture in here.

23. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Amidala_Skywalker : Thanks! And I thought I was a hopeless romantic [face_love]

Sologal : Thanks! Always great to hear that. :)

Dant Solo : Yeah, weird. (if I got it wrong, you probably know why ;) )

OK, it's decided, new additions to the story will be included. Thanks for you input, it did help make the final decision. :D

New post in by tonight. I just need to give it the once over :D

Dexgirl

24. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I have one word.

moremoremoremoremoremoremoremoremoremoremore

25. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Dexgirl!!! Added scenes? That means we get to read the special edition "Of Love and Marriage"? ;) Awesome! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.