main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Love and Marriage : pre-ESB H/L: Updated 6/28/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by J_Girl, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    #200!!!! :)

Ok, J_girl....

*grovels* I've been a very bad reader... [face_blush] I haven't kept up with the posts, and I apologize... I'm caught up through page 3 (I set up my screen for max. amount of posts per screen) and will read page 4 tomorrow.

As I said before, this is wonderful. So far it's brought tears to my eyes.

I love it! :)

~*~Bria

2. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    torynfar: I hope she's alright.

3. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Hi! No need to keep searching, I'm here. :) No, I wasn't hiding out in an Ewok village letting my hair down. My season ending softball game was Wednesday night. Big game for us. We won which means that my team came in first for the season UNDEFEATED! So you can imagine we felt the need for a victory celebration. Since it went on into the wee hours, it's all kinda fuzzy, but not that kind of fuzzy (no Ewoks, remember?) All I do have memeories of are a hot tub, cabana boys, something about flying squirrels or bats, and I think there was sushi at some point. ;)

Anyway, I THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH for your heartwarming and sometimes very hilarious replies and support. :D :D :D :

And lemme see if I can get a post up tonight. If not, tomorrow morning for sure!

Dexgirl

4. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Letting your hair down Dexgirl? :) I'm not gonna have to start sending a chaperone with you after games, am I? ;)

Congrats on being undefeated!! :D That's an insanely cool acomplishment! :)

And... here is a premature WOOHOO! to the possiblity of a post! :)

5. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    OK, enough of my chit chat for now........

Previous: Chapter 11: Zero Hour... No, That Kiss Didn?t Count- or Did It?

Chapter 12: Did You Say ?Captain Gorgeous??

After walking side-by-side back down the aisle, the ?newlyweds? were led into a small side room adjoining another large hall. As they waited for the reception guests to make their way into festivities, Han and Leia were silent and refused to meet each other?s eyes. Although several options ran through their minds, neither knew what to say. It wasn?t as if the standard phrases after being wed ? I?m so happy. This is the best day of my life. I love you. ? could be applied. If they did apply, they were not about to be admitted to. As the new queen and her husband prepared to enter the reception, the attendants quietly slipped in, removed the ceremonial crown and replaced it with Leia?s tiara. Han found himself liking Leia wearing the tiara, although he fully planned on never letting her live it down. Fussing over the couple, the dutifully brave attendants arranged Leia?s dress and made an effort to comb Han?s hair, much to his displeasure. His screwed up face and demeanor dripping with dire warnings elicited a knowing smirk from Leia. She mused that it was a good thing he wasn?t wearing his blaster or he may have been more than a little tempted to use it.

Albeit slightly smaller than the grand wedding hall, the reception hall was decorated lavishly, befitting the new queen?s status. There were huge carved support columns arranged in two rows along the spacious room. Each one was completely ensconced in beautiful flowers and lush greenery, creating a picturesque utopian atmosphere. Leia recognized at least a third of the flowers as being native only to Alderaan and it lent a bittersweet twinge to her already emotional day.

As the couple of the day, Han and Leia led the beginning of the first dance and shortly thereafter, most everyone joined in. Once the major attention of the crowd was focused elsewhere, Han began staring pointedly at her with those irresistible, expressive hazel eyes of his as he ushered them around the dance floor. His hand felt so sure around her waist as they danced. With every turn, Leia ended up a little closer in Han?s embrace. Confusion reigned in the new queen. First, Han barely kissed her during the ceremony and now he was inching her closer and closer as he was staring meaningfully into her eyes. So meaningfully, that Leia found it harder and harder to believe it was an act. Eventually, she put her confusion down to stress. Leia had to admit that it had been one of the more stressful days she had been through in a long time. Considering her time with the Rebellion, that was no small thing.

During the seemingly endless celebration, there were many toasts to the new queen and her husband. Of course, Leia was compelled to drink to them all. She tried to restrict herself to small sips and even fake a few, but it was to no avail. Ultimately, she found herself feeling a little tipsy. About an hour after Leia returned from a quick private conversation off to the side with King Antropo, Han picked up on her intoxicated state and cursed. Knowing he had to act fast before another well-wisher made their way over to them, Solo grasped Leia?s upper arm, intent on leaving.

?C?mon, Your Worship. Party?s over,? he said in no uncertain terms.

Leia gazed up at him and was having obvious trouble retaining her clear focus. ?We really should stay,? she said after a long second, almost slurring.

?That?s it. I gotta get you outta here,? Han insisted and quickly led them out through a side door before anyone could stop them. There might be some talk of them leaving without saying good bye, but Solo knew it could be much worse if Leia had to interact with anyone right now. She was in no condition. Besides, who would really fault them on thei

6. Lari

Lari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2001
    [supergluing self to thread]
    Many wonderful things in that post including:
    -Han's gentlemanliness
    -tension
    -wonderful descriptive details (the flowers from Alderaan, Han's hair being combed LOL)
    - "You're a nice man" :D

Can't wait for more!

7. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Hee hee....gotta love a drunken Leia! :) VERY VERY well done! And Han is just too too sweet! :)

Much luck writing the SE scenes! :D

8. TorynFarr

TorynFarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 27, 2000
    no, no, no. see, ur supposed to throw urself at the opportunity to cozy up next to han in one of those little ewok huts. ;)

aww, such a great post!! hehe, leia's funny when she's drunk. AH! u write han so well!! so sweet!!! [face_love] //mind drifts to spending some time w/ him in an ewok hut...// oooo, whats gonna happen in the morning? ?[face_plain]

9. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Oh by the force, I sure hoped that Han would kiss Leia but I liked that little bedroom scene. I'm in the middle of being glad that she was drunk so she actually said something sweet to him.

They both hide their feeling - quite well! ;)

Am

10. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Lari : (Be careful! That's gonna hurt when we are finished here.) And thanks for your own descriptive comments - they are really helpful in telling me if I came close to hitting the mark. The flowers from Alderaan thingy was another last second addition just before posting - an SE addition if you will. ;) I threw it in there to add some atmosphere (in keeping with the garden theme of the planet) and explain Leia a little better.

Dant Solo : Thanks! But you know what? I like the original version of 'looped leia' better. Only because it is way more over the top and she is way more plastered. ;) But the Mush Master is right, this version does fit the story more appropriately. And it's still fun, I think.

TorynFarr : I agree 100% with that, but alas, no Ewok Huts and no Han in sight at the time. If Han were around, my traction beam would have locked onto him immediately. :) And thank you!

Amidala_Skywalker : You slipped in there while I was writing this, just so you don't think I forgot you. Thanks! Yeah, they do hide their feelings well, but at the same time they are so obvious to everyone else - I think, anyway. OnNe would think that they would get it, too. Hmm, come to think of it, I am not surprised that Han 'knew', ya'know? ;)

Oh, I should tell you guys that each post you have seen thus far should be considered the SE version. Each scene has had some additions or adjustments to it. And like an SE, there will be the addition of a whole new scene or two - heh heh, as soon as I finish writing it. But there should be no disruption in post flow in general. L&M, Special Edition- LOLOL, sorry, but it still cracks me up. You should have seen how this fic all started in the first place, then you would know how SE it really is. It started as one long scene and it was an AU. Any guesses? ;)

Dexgirl

P.S.: Captain Gorgeous! ROTFL! Which SW Friend came up with that?

11. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    That was a beautiful post! I wish I could just find out what's going to happen, but that'd spoil all the fun of waiting for a new post! Keep up the great work!

12. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Awesome post! Looped Leia was pretty amusing and Han acted like the perfect gentleman I knew he could be. I loved how Leia was disappointed because Han didn't kiss her the way she wanted him to, and that she expressed her disappointment to him in her own unique way. I can't wait for the next post. :)

13. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Dexgirl: You would. ;)

14. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    I was thinking, that I'd really like to have the next post! :)

15. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Jedi-Jade : Thanks! And yeah, I know how you feel. I'm working on the next one.

Sologal : Thanks! Your comments are really great. Poor Leia, she was having a hard day, you know? And what is a scoundrel to do? At least he was thinking of the consequences that time. Love makes you do strange things, I guess. LOL.

Dant Solo : Well, you know me ;)

Thanks for reading, :D

Dexgirl

16. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Wow! Another fantastic post! Everyone's expressed my feelings already, so I'll just say, GREAT JOB!!! :)

17. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    You aren't DEXgirl for nothin'. ;)

18. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    Up and more! :)

19. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Oh, Han is so sweet!!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

~*~Bria

20. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    OOooh Dexgirl! You made on SE of my favorite scene??? I must go back and read this now. :) No, I haven't read it yet. I was a little busy... Ask the other one about my neverending saga at work. I just bored her with it. ;)

21. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    No boredom here. ^ :D ^

22. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    DantSolo: ROTFLMAO!!! Wouldn't you know it... I looked just like that today. ;)

23. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Wouldn't you know it....I sensed that through the Force. :D

24. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    DantSolo: <Gasp> Now it all makes sense. That's how you're the master of mush! It's force assisted... all of it!!! Now, only if I could just figure out what makes Dexgirl all dex-like, I'd be set!

;)

25. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Awesome post! Oh, okay, seriously though...Han is soo...*Yanksfan runs to thesaurus, can't find thesaurus, so runs back to computer, and settles for usual terminology* sweet and adorable. Good god, Leia made a great catch! Well, er, sorta...anyways, great post!

Oh, and congrats on the killer Softball season!! Undefeated! Woohoo! Of course, my team would never relate--we sucked! ha ha! But I hear my boy Jeter has tasted success a few times. ;)

But this is no excuse to kick back! More posts! Pronto! (um, just kidding, kinda...take your time, of course. :D )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.