main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Of Loyalty, Honor and Love - Syal/Soontir romance Updated 12/28 *The Wedding*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FelsGoddess, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was great!

What a relief for Syal and great reaction from Soontir.

@};-

2. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Love the proposal and that Soontir accepted Syal 100%. It was wonderfully romantic how he was willing to go ahead with all of that. Can't wait for the wedding! Great update.

3. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Excellent update! I am wondering whether you will include Tir's encouter with Ysanne Isard?

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    JediMara77
    So now Soontir knows. Looking forward to seeing the wedding! I bet it'll be better than William and Kate's. grin

Hope so. :p

Jade_eyes
    Oh yes this was scrumptious and squeelicious! applause grin Soontir's reaction -- sweetness!
    Her honesty -- rose
    The warmth and level of trust and openness between them bodes well for them. grin happy

Thank you very much! The honestly is necessary.

Hazel
    That was great!
    What a relief for Syal and great reaction from Soontir.
    rose

Yes, sharing her secret will certainly help her. Thank you!

Luna_Nightshade
    Love the proposal and that Soontir accepted Syal 100%. It was wonderfully romantic how he was willing to go ahead with all of that. Can't wait for the wedding! Great update.
    It will happen soon! :) Thank you.

TheAdmiral
    Excellent update! I am wondering whether you will include Tir's encouter with Ysanne Isard?
    I'm planning on it, but I need to brush up on the details first. It's been several months. Thanks!

5. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    The loud beeping of the comm jarred Syal and Soontir awake. Syal rubbed her eyes as she rolled out of bed and grabbed her robe. She pushed her long, tangled hair out of her face as she smacked the button on the console in her room. Nat?s face appeared, looking nervous, ?Myra?s having the baby.?

?Where at?? Syal asked, instantly awake. She tugged the top of her robe tighter around her.

?Nebular Medical Center. She said she?ll call us afterwards,? Nat said as he ran a hand through his hair. ?She doesn?t want anyone there, but I knew you would want to know.?

?Was she okay??

?She was doing well enough to kick me out,? Nat said with wryly, though his eyes betrayed worry. He grinned at her, ?I?ll let you go back to bed.?

Syal rolled her eyes, ?Goodnight, Nat.?

Syal switched off the comm and crawled back into bed. Soontir wrapped an arm around her shoulder and said quietly, ?She?ll be okay.?

?It must be so hard for her. That baby is all she has left,? Syal responded sadly.

?She?ll be okay,? he reassured her. ?This is something she has to do on her own.?

?I know,? Syal responded as she settled next to him. Her eyes fluttered closed as Soontir pressed a kiss to her temple.
    --------------------------
    ?Oh Myra?s, he?s beautiful!? Syal gasped as she laid eyes on the mewing infant bundled in a soft yellow blanket. Syal recognized the blanket as one given to Myra by one of her friends in the theater group.

?He looks like his father,? Myra said somewhat wistfully. ?Would you like to hold him??

?Yes, please,? Syal responded eagerly, bringing a laugh to Myra. Syal settled in the chair in the hospital room. After Myra handed her the baby, Syal caressed the baby?s cheek with the back her finger. His cheek was soft, softer than anything she felt before. He sighed in his sleep, shifting his head slightly.

?I named him Talak,? Myra told Syal. ?I couldn?t name him after his father or siblings.?

Myra sank down on her bed. She looked worn out, but there was a spark back in her eyes that had been missing. Sadness still lingered around the edges; Syal knew it would never disappear. She was glad to see that Myra hadn?t given up.

?It?s a good name,? Syal said as she ran her fingers over his soft hair. ?He certainly has a lot of hair for a newborn.?

Myra chuckled as she reached out and touch her son?s head, ?Inez was like that too when she was born.?

It warmed Syal?s heart to hear Myra talk about her deceased daughter without breaking down in tears. Myra rarely mentioned them, and her friends knew better than to bring them up. Inez was five and Myra?s son, Mic, was two when Alderaan was destroyed. Syal smiled at the newborn as she asked, ?Did she lose it??

?No,? Myra answered with a small half-smile. She wiped the corner of her eye as she said, ?But Talak here isn?t the only exciting event of last night. Let me see that ring.?

Syal shift her hand out from under Talak. She displayed the ring, clear crystals catching the light. ?You knew,? she accused.

A mischievous look crossed Myra?s face, ?I?ve known about it for a month.?

?A month!?? Syal exclaimed, careful not to jostle Talak. ?And you didn?t tell me? How long was he planning this??

?And ruin the surprise?? Myra countered. ?I think not. Soontir wanted to marry you months ago. If I were a betting person, I?d have lost. Now Selena??

Myra?s voice trailed off. They had no way to get a hold of her to share the news. Syal glanced at the chrono on the wall. She stood up, cradling Talak to her chest. ?I need to head out. I have a promotional meeting in an hour. Do you need anything??

?We?re fine,? Myra assured her as she took Talak back into her arms.

Syal kissed Talak?s forehead and hugged Myra. ?I can come back-?

?Oh no you don?t. You go visit that gorgeous Imperial fiancé of yours,? Myra scolded with a grin as she ushered Syal out the door.

Syal started laughing. Her mirth followed her to her meeting.
    ---------------------------------------
    ?Flight Two, tighten up,? Soontir called over the comm. Clicks over the comm acknowledged the order. The four TIEs in question alte

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    What a sweet friendship! moment between Myra and Syal. And Salak - a true darling! He will definitely help Myra's continued healing. :)

haha! Everyone knew about Soontir's intentions [face_dancing] To be that transparent :D !!

7. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Heh, it's so funny to read about Myra and Syal, knowing that later on there are siblings named Syal and Myri. :D

Soontir was determined that there would be no casualties in 181st- and that Wedge Antilles wouldn?t be present when the traitors where wiped off Rinn.

Ugh. Me too. :(

I can't wait to see the wedding, and more of Soontir's doubts coming through. Knowing his backstory, he starts to doubt a lot around the Derra IV mission. That should be interesting to see.

8. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    I'm very happy to see Myra and the new baby together, and how she seems to be doing better now that he has arrived. And Soontir... you want to see him as a hero, despite him fighting the Rebels that we love... it is so complicated. Great update!

9. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    What a sweet friendship! moment between Myra and Syal. And Salak - a true darling! He will definitely help Myra's continued healing. happy
    He will indeed.

haha! Everyone knew about Soontir's intentions dancing To be that transparent grin !!
    He had a little help. ;)

JediMara77
    Heh, it's so funny to read about Myra and Syal, knowing that later on there are siblings named Syal and Myri. grin
    I didn't think about Myri when I picked her name. :p

I can't wait to see the wedding, and more of Soontir's doubts coming through. Knowing his backstory, he starts to doubt a lot around the Derra IV mission. That should be interesting to see.
    It certainly will be.

Luna_Nightshade
    I'm very happy to see Myra and the new baby together, and how she seems to be doing better now that he has arrived. And Soontir... you want to see him as a hero, despite him fighting the Rebels that we love... it is so complicated. Great update!
    It certainly is. Thank you!

10. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    First of all, so sorry for not keeping up with this! (Where is my head? I forgot to screw it on properly, and now I can't find it ANYWHERE!)

She told him! Wow. And of course he didn't care. Go Soontir.

And Myra had the baby, naww.

Excellent updates, and I'll try to follow along better.

11. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Nah, he didn't care at all. He's awesome like that. ;) Thank you!

12. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    First off, thank you all so much for voting this story as the "Best Romance" in the Saga fan fic awards! [:D]

Second of all, I want to apologize for the lack of updates. RL took an unexpected and hectic turn and something had to give. Unfortunately, this story suffered. I am in the process of planning/writing out the update. I'm not sure when it will be up, but my goal is to have it posted within the next week or two. Thank you for sticking with me. @};-

13. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Well, I'm the last person to grumble about interruptions to the update routine... unless it's mine! You deal with DRL, and we'll be waiting when you're done!

[:D] Hope it's nothing drastic.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    We'll be here. This story is worth waiting for, and Syal/Soontir an intriguing pair worthy of knowing better.

Thank you for persevering. @};-

Huggles!

15. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Hello, FG.

I am enjoying your story. You are an excellent fanfic writer. I'm looking forward to your next update. Please send me a PM when you post again.

[:D]

:)

16. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    A wonderful story! Soontir and Syal, their relationships, even the spirit of the time ... everything. Very very pleased. And Mira - I really liked her so sad, but she found the strength to live for the sake of her child.
    It is waiting for the update.

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]

17. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Sorry for the delay, first I want to congratulate you with the award, second I loved the last update. Hope you manage to beat DRL, it had interfered with my writing as well in the recent months.

18. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    prj1
    Hello, FG.
    I am enjoying your story. You are an excellent fanfic writer. I'm looking forward to your next update. Please send me a PM when you post again.

Hi. :) Will do! Thank you very much!

DarthBellumSolo
    A wonderful story! Soontir and Syal, their relationships, even the spirit of the time ... everything. Very very pleased. And Mira - I really liked her so sad, but she found the strength to live for the sake of her child.
    It is waiting for the update.

Thank you very much! She's quite an interesting character.

TheAdmiral
    Sorry for the delay, first I want to congratulate you with the award, second I loved the last update. Hope you manage to beat DRL, it had interfered with my writing as well in the recent months.
    Thank you so much!

19. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Again, I would like to apologize for the delay. I hope it was worth the wait.

An X-foil from a destroyed X-Wing drifted by Soontir?s TIE fighter. Rinn had fallen. The 181st overpowered the Rebels, decimated the squadron mixed with X-Wings, Y-Wings and headhunters into slag. None of the Rebel pilots survived. One transport escaped destruction.

The rest of the squadron, save for Soontir?s wingman, was stripping the inside of the outpost under the supervision of Commander Kiren. Soontir wasn?t entirely sure why he was out here. Yes, someone needed to run sentry, but anyone could have done that.

The piece of wing floated away. Soontir accelerated forward slowly, eying a fuselage. He didn?t know what he was looking for. Wedge Antilles wouldn?t write his name on his X-Wing. Imperial Intelligence stated that he was a pilot in the Rogue Squadron. He didn?t see any type of emblem, but that didn?t mean anything. He also doubted that the Rogue Squadron would be at a smaller outpost, but it was foolish to make such assumptions. The Alliance was far too skilled at staying scattered.

Darth Vader was in charge of finding and eradicated the Rebels. Vader hadn?t addressed Soontir and the 181st personally, but he knew that their reports found their way to the Dark Lord?s office. If the 181st reached the level of success that Soontir felt was necessary, he had little doubt that they would work closer with the Dark Lord. Many would be intimidated or frightened to work with him, but not the 181st. They could handle it. If they couldn?t, well then they didn?t deserve to be in the Imperial Navy.

A message flashed across Soontir?s comm screen. The squadron had extracted all of the information they could and the detonators were in place.

Soontir gave one last glance to the floating fuselage and prayed to whatever force controlled the universe that Antilles was still alive. He didn?t want to face Syal if he pulled the trigger. He turned the TIE and he and his wingman turned back toward the planet.
    -------------------------------------
    ?No.?

Myra snorted in amusement, ?Well, that one certainly draws attention to itself.?

Syal glared as she tried to adjust the bust of her dress with one hand and covered the side cutout with the other. ?There is no way I?m wearing this.?

?It?s not that revealing,? Myra chuckled as she shifted Talak in her arms. ?You know, for a woman of ill repute.?

?It didn?t look like this on the rack. I hate that,? Syal muttered as she slipped back behind the screen in her room. Once the news of her engagement hit the holonews, designers started sending her requests and designs. She?d selected a few and was now rifling through them. Her one condition was that she would try them on at home.

?I?m sure Z?iya will be thrilled to hear that you think his dress would be found ?on the rack,?? Myra pointed out wryly.

?The poor man would probably have an attack.?

?His use of Death Sticks will do him in sooner,? Wynssa called out from behind the curtain. ?Z?lya?s style is far too exotic for the majority of Coruscant. He would appeal to the upper tiers of the Imperial Court.?

?I hated performing for the Court,? Myra commented. ?Which one are you trying now??

?I don?t know,? Syal moaned. She walked back over to Myra and sank down on the edge of the bed. ?This is too complicated.?

?The right dress will come around,? Myra said. ?We could tackled the guest list.?

?Then guest list? The entire Fel clan is coming. The necessary business associates have already been invited,? Syal said as she studied the frayed strings on her slip.

?What about your guests??

?Invited.?

Myra pressed her lips together in thought for a moment before speaking, ?Wynssa, I?ve never asked about your family, but is there anyone who would come? Are they even alive??

Syal wasn?t going to tell Myra who her family was. It wasn?t safe. She said all that she could, ?My parents died years ago and I haven?t spoken to my other relatives in over 10 years.?

?Ah,? Myra responded, and then grinned mischievously, ?Well, then those of us one your

20. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Excellent Job, Fels. Keep it up!
    It was indeed worth the wait. I look forward to your next update.

:)

21. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

I do wonder if this new squadron of x wings has red stripes down the side

22. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    A wonderful update.=D=
    Soontir loves Syal and fears the killing of her brother ...[face_love]
    And I'm already looking forward to their wedding[face_batting]

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]

23. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    They could handle it. If they couldn?t, well then they didn?t deserve to be in the Imperial Navy.

Very Imperial way of thinking. I like it.

Soontir gave one last glance to the floating fuselage and prayed to whatever force controlled the universe that Antilles was still alive. He didn?t want to face Syal if he pulled the trigger. He turned the TIE and he and his wingman turned back toward the planet.

What a horrible situation for them all to be in.

?Ah,? Myra responded, and then grinned mischievously, ?Well, then those of us one your side of the room will have to out dress the Fels.?

Syal started laughing, ?I?ll be lucky to top Nat.?

?See? All those reporters will be so focused on Nat?s clothes that no one will wonder why the infamous Wynssa Starflare has no family in attendance.?

?What about Talak? I hear Uncle Nat wants to buy him a suit,? Syal teased. ?I can just picture him with a light-up tie.?

?He wishes.?

[face_laugh]

A full squadron of X-Wings was attacking the Dominance. Soontir flipped on his comm, ?181st, protect the Dominance at all cost. Do not focus on damaged fighters. It only wastes time. We?re not looking to pad our kill logs; we want to send these Rebels a message.?

Soontir is a "good" Imperial.

Nice update!

24. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    I love the interaction between Syal and Myra, especially how she took care of Syal's lack of invited family. I also have sympathy for Soontir, despite the fact that he's about to go "teach the Rebels a lesson." I know things eventually change, but it is still hard for me to see him in that position, though I do like the inside look on the Empire. Great update!

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Syal and Myra's conversation - :D [face_laugh] I love how lighthearted Myra can be :) !!! And Uncle Nat huh? [face_mischief] Hmmm. You know how my mind works... [face_laugh] eventually, may he become daddy? [face_laugh]

Oooh, a light up tie! :eek: That definitely will catch the journalists' attention :p

Super action with Soontir and the squadron. =D= I adore how he's thinking of not inadvertently taking out Wedge, for Syal's sake. :* !!