main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Of Rogues and Remnants: COMPLETED, January 19, 2004!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by rogue11lovesjag, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Okay, guys! Here's my new Rogue Squadron story! It's post Hand of Thrawn, when a lot of the old Rogues are retiring...and what happens then. Enjoy!

~Rogue

Of Rogues and Remnants

Coruscant
    Rogue Squadron Headquarters

It was not, upon reflection, Wedge decided, the wildest party the Rogues had ever given. Had it not been the presence of several children at the party, however, this party would have been considerably wilder.

He looked around for Syal and Myri. They were playing with Valin Horn under the watchful eye of his mother, who was walking his little sister around the room. Jysella had started walking a few months before, but she still had a problem with falling. He?d overheard Corran Horn chatting over by the bar with Han Solo about the particular difficulties in raising Force-sensitive children. After the stories of Anakin Solo?s Force-assisted tantrums, Wedge was sure Corran was thanking his lucky stars for the lack of telekinetic power in the Horn-Halcyon line of Jedi. Wedge was glad that his children were as Force-blind as he was.

?Janson!? Wedge barked, and Major Wes Janson stopped in his tracks. Despite being Force-blind, he had a sixth sense for knowing when Janson was up to something. ?Don?t even think about giving Valin that toy blaster. Mirax will kill you, and then Iella would resurrect you and kill you again.?

Janson gave him a mock glare. ?How come you let your wife beat up your friends??

?Reduces discipline problems,? Wedge said, shrugging. Wes laughed and tossed him the blaster.

?Here, have your kids sneak up on your wife,? Wes said. Wedge grinned as he caught the water-filled toy. ?When are you going to settle down and gave your own kids, Wes??

Wes shrugged. ?Don?t know. I always figured as long as I was flying, I didn?t have the right to have any. I wouldn?t want to leave them without a dad, you know? Someone?s got to teach them how to play practical jokes on their commanding officers. Maybe now, since we?re at peace, if I find someone, I could.?

Wedge rose from his seat and clapped Wes on the shoulder. ?I?m sure you will. If only I think there has to be someone out there somewhere who is as goofy as you.?

?Yeah,? Wes said. ?Hey, Wedge, give me that blaster back.?

?I think not,? Iella said, coming up form behind Wedge and taking the blaster out of his hand. ?You set enough bad examples for the children of this squadron; I?m not about to let you set anymore.?

?Aw, Iella, you?re no fun,? Wes complained. ?I was going to get Bugbite with it.?

?Hobbie?s here?? she asked. ?Oh, good, the whole squadrons here now, Wedge. You can make your announcement.?

?What announcement?? Wes asked.

?Hold out for a minute,? Wedge said. ?You?ll find out like everyone else.?

?Come on,? Iella said, almost giddy with excitement.

Wedge followed his wife to the center of the lounge, where she pulled out a chair for him to stand on. She was very much more excited about this announcement than he was. In fact, he?d questioned this decision extensively. But she?d finally convinced him, and he had to agree.

He climbed up on the chair and smiled down at Myri, who was now in her mother?s arms. He cleared his throat, somewhat embarrassed. No one looked at him. Finally, he bellowed in his best commander?s voice, ?Attention!?

Every military member in the room shot up to attention, punctuated by a few curses form the bar where people had spilled their drinks. The civilians stopped, looking around, somewhat confused.

?That?s better,? Wedge said, looking around at the faces coming to surround him. The war with the Empire was finally over. Too few had survived that war. Inyri Forge stood down there by the bar. Her sister had died. Gavin Darklighter was there too?Asyr Sei?lar had been a long time. But those that were there stared up at him with affection and friendship. His friends, his comrades, and in all the important ways, his family.

He cleared his throat again. ?I have an announcement to make.

2. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Thats great rogue!!!! absolutely great! love it! keep it coming im hooked!

3. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    oh man, what a wonderful start!! muy Muy excelente! :D i can't wait for the next postie! :D

4. astrowoman

astrowoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    Great start. Can't wait for more!

Astro

5. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Awwwwwww, Gavin is cute! :) And Wes is awesome, trying to give toy blasters to Valin! [face_laugh] Great post, rogue! :D

Jae Angel

6. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    *wimpers* Post over already.

Dude Rogue, I was loving this. I know I'm going to become a post whiner now, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I NEED MORE!

~Inyri

7. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Ooh! A Rogue fic! I love Rogue fics!

Wes teaching everyone's kids to make trouble was classic!

Wedge cursing Gavin was brilliant!

8. Jade_Fel_Horn

Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Great job so far, but then, i've love all of your stories so far. Can't wait for more...Crap *looks at watch* Late for class, hope to see more soon, buhbye. :D

9. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Wow!! Good morning everybody!

MasterJaina1011, jags_gurl, and Astro, Thanks so much, you guys!!

NJ, Inyri's ketchup blasters gave me the idea...they had to have some kind of a water gun in the GFFA!

Inyri, I would have another post, except I sort of lost the next chapter! I had it all written out along with half the next chapter to Aftermath. It was in my Kmart vest pocket, and I took it out and threw it on my bed, and now I can't find it. So I'll keep looking for it!

Daughter_of_Yubyub, Thanks! I love Wes Janson. I just take my brothers' antics and translate them into something my dad would do, and bam! Wes Janson. :D My dad may have looked like Han Solo when he was younger, but he acted like Wes Janson. (Still does on occasion.)

JFH, Don't work too hard! I'm on spring break this week, so I don't have to go to class! *cheers* Glad to see you here!

~Rogue

10. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Inyri's ketchup blasters gave me the idea

Well, you have to admit, it was so something Janson would have had. :p Long live toy blasters! (I even have one on my keychain).

And what is this about losing the next post?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

~Inyri

11. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Ohhh... a Rogue story. I'm hooked already. :D

J_J

12. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Can I just say how much I'd love to get another post?

Oh, and Rogue, I forgot to hug you earlier. *hugs Rogue* You were nice to Inyri. Not a whole lot of fan fic writers are, so I wanted to thank you for that. (Even though you probably feel obligated to do so because of me).

~Inyri

13. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    THis is really cool. Ive alllways liked the Rogues, and so far you've got the characterations perfected. :)

14. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    *sits down and waits for post*

~Inyri

PS - UP!

15. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Alright! All the Rogue lovers are over here, and for good reason R11. I love it. Perfect blend of the nice family and buddy type mush, but we're sure to have some action too. Even if it is just Wes and his toy blaster, hehe! Can't wait for more. You've certainly picked up readrs a lot faster than I'm doing. *Rogue looks at her own threads* Grr! More poeple need to start surfing the new boards- things are so slow on a lot of the new threads. Ooops! There's the bell- gtg- back later!

-Rogue

16. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Hey, things have been slow on the old boards, too. *shrugs*

Rogue, I'm sure you know what I'm going to say. PLEASE MORE STORY!

~Inyri

17. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002

?For that comment, I hope that every Wes Janson in the fleet comes to Rogue Squadron now,? Wedge said.

I really liked it; very well done. :)

18. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Guys, I am trying to write just as fast as I can. Just got Mom and my brother sent off on their cruise this afternoon, and I have to go to work this afternoon. I'm going to try to write without letting my manager see what I'm doing tonight. Hopefully, I will have a post either tonight or tomorrow...on Aftermath...I still can't find the post for this story! But I'll start rewriting it soon, I promise!

~Rogue

19. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Rogue, that was a mean trick. I'll stop bugging you. I was just playing. Sorry if it came across wrong.

~Inyri

20. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Inyri Yes, I did lose the post.

Jedi_Johnson, thanks! I'm glad to know that my stories are addictive!

Inyri Thank you for the hug. *hugs you back*

SpeldoriontheBlended, Thanks so much! I'm glad you think that I've got them down! *blushes*

Inryi, I think you're going to be waiting a while longer. :D

Rogue49, Thanks! I agree...more people need to be on this board!

Inyri, I could see that comment coming a mile away.

Kettch_the_jedi, Thanks! That line was the sort of a curse I would use on one of my friends. :)

Inryi...again! :D I didn't mean to be short with you. I was just a little frazzled this afternoon, as was probably very obvious! I'm about halfway done with Aftermath's new post. Didn't get a chance to write at work tonight...actually had to work!

In any case, thanks for all the comments and all the ups!

~Rogue

21. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Rogue, no, you didn't snap. I know you aren't a fan of spam on your thread and I should have stopped long before that. Again, my appologies.

~Inyri

22. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    *shrugs*

Spam really doesn't bother me unless it's either really, really stupid, or it's offensive. :D It's okay.

~Rogue

23. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    And ups definitely don't bother me!

UP you go!

~Rogue

24. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Darn! I saw this up and thought it meant an update.

Rogue, before you come within 45 minutes of me this weekend ( :p ) think you could be a dear and post on this thread?

*remembers Rogue is college student*

Well, if you happen to find the post, think you could put it up if it don't take too much time?

~Inyri

25. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Just upping this.

~Inyri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.