main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Of Roses and Racers~ Jaina/OC: Mush (Hot Jedi / Hot Celebrity) AUTHOR NOTE & APOLOGIES (Fic close)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Title: Of Roses and Racers
    Author(s): SITH_MAYO
    Timeframe: roughly 15yrs after NJO [IMPORTANT: DN and Legacy events have not happened!]
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Orion Signoretti, plus Skywalkers, Solos and more . . .
    Genre: romance, angst, humour, drama,
    Summary: Two people feel there?s something missing from their lives. Love? Happiness? Family? It?s about letting go of the past, maturing, and realising what you truly want from life . . . is to share it.

Nothing else to say except thanks for clicking and I hope you enjoy . . .

[b][color=darkblue]{ Of Roses and Racers . . .} [/color] [/b]

[color=royalblue][Chapter 1 ? Lonely Situations][/color]

?? Are you sure you don?t wanna come??

?I?d love to, really I would ? its just I?m kinda busy at the moment.? Jaina lied.

?You?re always busy lately.? Came Jysella?s disappointed reply.

Biting her lip a bit, Jaina grudgingly retorted,
    ?I?m a Master now Jys, sorry but I have more responsibilities to tend to.?

?But its just one night, you need some freedom from work you know. Everyone is going to be chilling at the club, the whole gang, plus our favourite lads - Why not join us for an hour or two?? Her friend persisted.

Stubbornly Jaina argued,
    ?Jys stop trying to persuade, I?m not coming out tonight. Or any other night for that matter.?

There was a long pause.

?. . . It?s not healthy.?

Jaina?s brow creased in bafflement as she queried,
    ?What??

Softly her friend explained,
    ?Shutting yourself away, locking up . . . it?s not healthy. It?s been a year Jaina. A whole year. You need to get out there more. It?ll be good for you -?

?No!? Jaina bit out abruptly, ?I won?t. Enjoy the party, I?ll see you later.?

With that Jaina switched off her commlink and chucked it across the living room, not caring where it landed.

Partying wasn?t Jaina?s style, not anymore. Socializing, having fun, all of it, was not her way anymore. None of it mattered to her; it was worthless wastes of time.

As she sat motionless on her sofa, her friend?s words kept echoing in her fragile mind:
    [i]?It?s not healthy.? [/i]

Jaina knew what she was doing or rather what she was becoming wasn?t healthy, but she couldn?t stop herself. Her heart was frozen now; it didn?t live or take risks. Jaina in a way was dead, inside.

Sat still and mute, Jaina dwelled in her thoughts, alone, in her shadowy apartment. She often did this, every evening she?d relax and quietly contemplate on her cold yet comfy sofas. Work took up most, if not all, of her time these days. Both her parents had lectured her for becoming such a workaholic, but honestly she couldn?t help herself. She needed to work; it kept her moving, distracted.

It was the moments of stillness and silence that really got to her. Moments such as this. Yet these moments were what she preferred. The noiseless reflection was more comforting than a loud raving nightclub scene.

Reflection and dwelling had taken over her lately, especially in her isolated nights. She worked all day and thought all night. Sleep was impossible some times.

Her place was spotlessly clean, it was perfect, well designed, decorated beautifully, yet it still lacked atmosphere. It lacked the character it once used to have. It wasn?t that something was out of place or wrongly coloured or a conflicting design.

The problem with the apartment was that something was missing. The problem with Jaina was that someone was missing. That person had been missing for a year now; and it was saddening to know they would never come back.

Brilliant lights from Coruscant traffic and other trillions of homes flickered through the large curtains Jaina had half closed earlier. The soft glows of radiance hovered over Jaina?s emotionless face. Her glistening hazel eyes were haunted by past troubles. There was depth to her hurt, so many layers could be seen in her eyes if one just took the time to study Jaina?s soul.

Jaina squint

2. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Great start.

I feel Jaina's pain of loss. At first I thought it was just over, but to lose a husband that way would definitely turn her into a social recluse.

Your Orion. I'm starting to love him already. Stand up guy whose changed his mind about what's important in his life.

A shame that he can't see Pedro more often. It's definitely tough losing out on the little things one would normally see everyday with their children.

I'm interested to see how these two get together.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A wonderful and touching start. =D=

4. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Wow!! =D=

I really like this. Thanks so much for the PM. :)

I feel so sad for Jaina. I have to admit the whole time that I was reading before you describe her husband as blond, I was thinking uh-oh which man did she kill off--Jag, Kyp or Zekk. I'm glad that it wasn't one of them.

Orion seems to have realized that he's grown up. I really like him too.

Wonderful new story and I hope that you keep me informed of updates...:D

[:D]

FL @};-

5. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

6. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! What a great start! :D Can you please PM me when you update?

=D=

7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Angst! Both Jaina and Orion are dissatified with their lives. I have to admit that you flesh the characters aout very well, explaining in detail why these two are unhappy. That said, who is that the man in Jaina's window. Is it Orion or are these two star crosssed lovers destined to fill the need in each other's hearts.

Padme Amidala + Anakin Skywalker= Luke and Leia?

Orion Signoretti + Natalia Xavier= Pedro? That's needs explanation. :)

Just pokin' fun. This story looks good. I'm sure there is angsty romantic drama to come. ;-)

8. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

9. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Thanks to all who click, comment or sneak!:p

[color=royalblue][Chapter 2 ? Fighting Old Ways][/color]

?. . . What do you mean you don?t want to?!? Yelled a very irritated voice over the commlink.

Orion was glad he wasn?t talking face to face with his agent, because he was certain he would have punched him out by now. He left the commlink on loud-speaker on the kitchen counter, allowing his furious manager to rant on about general rubbish, while he wandered around making himself food and finding clothes.

?. . this event was set in your calendar months ago! You agreed to it! ? You have to show!?

Shrugging on a casual white top, Orion rolled his eyes at his agent?s words. Do this, do that, he sounded like his bloody mother. His manager was without a doubt one of the most selfish and stuck up snobs he?d ever met, how or why he?d ever hired the twit still baffled Orion.

Whilst searching the cupboards for breakfast, he answered the commlink,
    ?Yeah, well, I don?t feel up to it, get it cancelled.?

?Impossible ? it can?t be cancelled! You must make an appearance.?

?Surely there?s a way I can escape this appointment.? Orion groaned.

Smugly, a little too smugly, the agent retorted,
    ?I have the paper work right here if you want to look over details. It states quite clearly that any violation of the contract means a 25,000 credit fine and an instant loss of the deal given. Its just one Holo-advert Orion, just do it.?

For a moment he stopped looking through his kitchen shelves. Orion had an abrupt boost of anger and determination. He was sick of being run down, told what to do; he needed to break the cycle.

For once, since sith knew how long, he decided to take control of his life. He wanted to live it, not for money, not for someone else, but for himself. It seemed silly but little freedoms of choice hadn?t really been open to him for a few years lately. It was time to snap back the reins.

?I?m not going.? Stated Orion calmly, picking up the handheld commlink, he added, ?You?re fired Codey.?

?What?! ? I made you into a star - you can?t firer me!?

Bitterly Orion replied,
    ?Funny, ?cause I just did.? with that he hung up.

Distractedly Orion ran his fingers through his dark blonde hair. He huffed a sigh of relief and content, one he hadn?t realised he?d even been holding. It felt good to get someone off his back for a change; he should try it more often.

Idly he gazed around his silent apartment, feeling the stab of loneliness once again. Nothing seemed right here, it wasn?t very homey. Life needed to occupy this house. Laughter, smiles and voices, this apartment needed to actually be lived in, by a real family. He decided that next time he arrived home, it would be different, things would change.

It was funny; Orion had bought this place in his infamous bachelor years, years he now regretted. He?d wasted his youth by focusing on money and material stuff, when he should have focused on things more important. Vital things such as family, friends and love, things he now craved more than anything.

Slipping away from the kitchen he made it into the bedroom and began preparing himself. He needed a change of scenery for a while; he needed that comforting homey feeling. A trip would clear his mind a bit and distract him away from his depressing thoughts. He packed the bare essentials and knew instantly where he was heading. He was heading towards his childhood home, to his family, his always knowing and supportive parents.

Grabbing his luggage he made his way out of his empty apartment, glad to leave the void. He went a floor down to go into his own private hangar bay, where he stored his flash speeders and speed breaking shuttle, known as the [i]Eternal Phoenix[/i]. The [i]Phoenix[/i] was his pride and joy in many respects, it was a slim-line, slick, shiny silver shuttle which gave Star Destroyers a run for their credits.

As the entrance ramp lowered to allow Orion on board the [i]Phoenix[/i], several bursts of bee

10. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    I'm really liking this ... Wonderfully written with very real characters. Orian is very fleshed out. But then all your OCs are...=D=

Orion is taking control of his life and going home..Sounds like he really does want a new start.

Jaina is just so sad. She really has to deal with her grief.

Emmm....[face_thinking] I wonder where Mara booked her vacation for?

Chandrilia, possibly? o_O

Can't wait for more...[:D]

FL @};-

11. JainaRox

JainaRox Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2006
    Mre?
    JR

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    It will be nice to see what Mara has planned! :D

=D=

13. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    ?What?! ? I made you into a star - you can?t firer me!?

Bitterly Orion replied,
    ?Funny, ?cause I just did.? with that he hung up.

[face_laugh]

I loved the exchange between Orion and Scraps. Can't wait for Jaina to meet both of them.

Yeah, I wonder where Mara is sending Jaina on her vacation. o_O

Nice update SM.

14. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I am so enamored of this story, sith_mayo. Your two leads are very likable, despite their angsty beginnings. Regardless of the low points that each of them have hit, they are about to embark on journeys that will inevitably lead them to each other. Though it is sad that Jaina lost a husband and that Orion is utterly alone and unsatified in his celebrity, there is a hope that these two will find each other and help each other heal and find new purposes.

I enjoyed Orion's conversation with his agent as well as his abnoxiously loveable droid, that appears to be his only friend. I really like this OC. Sometimes its hard to feel empathy for celebrities because I think they have it all, but Orion is a guy who is finally getting the picture that there is more to life than parties and hangers on.

Your Jaina is not far from profic in essence. She is melancholy and reaching a point where here self pity is even getting tiring for her. She is depressed from greif, but after a year, its time to make a change. I'm glad Mara was able to make her see the light.

I'm eager to see these two on their journeys and hope they don't meet immediately. I'd like to see more of them individually, yet in new settings.

This fic is fantastic. Please update soon and keep the PMs coming![face_hypnotized]

15. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

16. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Not a lot of Jaina in this, but I hope you enjoy all the same...

[color=royalblue][Chapter 3 ? Changing Tides and Scenery][/color]

?Oh, sith it . . .?

With an exhausted sigh, Jaina collapsed onto the enormous leather sofa.

She couldn?t believe she?d actually taken her aunt?s advice. As soon as humanly possible, her family had helped her pack, leave and make it to her destination. It made such a change from being stuck in the temple or in her gloomy apartment. The place Mara had booked for her was grand, elegant and beautiful.

Slowly Jaina rose from the couch to walk over to the wall-sized window before her. The view was simply stunning. She hoped it was as gorgeous as it looked.

Crystal cool waves crept up the shoreline of Hanna?s coast, dampening the smooth gold sand in its path. The setting sun dipped lower into the Silver Sea?s watery horizon, casting a warm glow over the calm ocean. The entire surroundings just projected an air of tranquillity.

Jaina was staying in a well known hotel called Serusaelp, in the main city of Hanna.

She had to hand it to her aunt; she knew how to book great vacation spots. Chandrila was a beautiful location. The world was pure, peaceful and gorgeous. The people were very friendly and the nature of the place was strikingly eye-capturing.

Nature and the balance of it were very important here, and it showed; it was everywhere, not just in the landscape but in the architecture of every building. The city of Hanna seemed to glow and bloom like a rare flower, the towers of buildings were elegantly designed to be smooth and majestic.

Perhaps a few days in the sun, on a beach and in the sea would help clear Jaina?s mind. She had to admit she was very worried about this whole holiday. What if she got bored? Would she run back to the temple and the Jedi wishing for more work than she could handle? Why did she find it so hard to relax?

Jaina wasn?t used to having fun. So to be given full permission to run off and go do whatever she wanted, she was left feeling a bit stupid. Honestly, she had no idea what she would do over the next few days. Life right now and this get-away experience was a complete mystery to her.

She had to relax; she knew that better than anyone.

But still the nagging question echoed in her mind: What the hell am I going to do here, all alone?

She was at a lost of where to start.

Should she go out clubbing, swimming, sun-bathing, shopping or to one of the many restaurants? All of them appealed and yet didn?t appeal at the same time. A part of Jaina really wanted to get out and be active. But the other half of Jaina still wanted to curl up on the sofa and just sleep by her lonely self.

Looking around her luxurious hotel room and glancing back once at the amazing beach scene, Jaina finally decided to live a little . . .

She marched over to her huge bags and started unpacking. It was now certain that she was staying here for a long while; she could stay for a whole month if she wanted. And why not enjoy that month in such a splendid and fascinating place.

She deserved to break the bubble she had placed around herself. It was time to find her self again. Her barriers had to fall sometime.

Every light in the apartment switched on at her voice command. She smiled weakly at the brightness around herself. Darkness of grief would try and take her again, she knew, but she was determined now to try and fight it at least. There would be no more eating in, sitting in the shadows, or dwelling on what could have been.

After setting her clothes in their right places in the bedroom wardrobes and dressers, Jaina realised that most of her attire wasn?t exactly holiday material. She had to do something about that. Wearing a thick Jedi robe to the beach would look somewhat ridiculous.

?Looks like some retail therapy is in order . . .? Jaina muttered to herself, with a tiny grin tugging her lips.

~

?Hey! Anyone here?! Yo! Pop?!? Orion called as he entered his father?s old junk sh

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful!

After setting her clothes in their right places in the bedroom wardrobes and dressers, Jaina realised that most of her attire wasn?t exactly holiday material. She had to do something about that. Wearing a thick Jedi robe to the beach would look somewhat ridiculous.

?Looks like some retail therapy is in order . . .? Jaina muttered to herself, with a tiny grin tugging her lips.

I'd head to a bookstore, but I guess any sort of shopping will do! ;)

=D=

18. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

19. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    This was a wonderful chapter. =D=

I'm glad that Jaina is at least trying to enjoy herself.

Wow...I like Orion more and more. His parents are just great.

Fantastic job...I really like this story and I can't wait for Jaina to meet Orion.

[:D]

FL @};-

20. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Ok. I'm definitely falling in love with Orion and now his family too.

In an aggravated tone he shouted at the store,
    ?Scraps! I swear if you cause one more crash, I?ll take you apart with my bare hands!?

The droid droned an angry reply that caused Vance to huff in irritation.

Turning to his son, Vance stated teasingly,
    ?Say goodbye to your beloved droid, ?cause so help me I?m gonna gun it.?

Sounds like Scraps needs some Jedi protection. ;)

Ouch about that accident. That's probably what changed Orion's attitude about the sport and his playboy days.

Another great update. =D=

21. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

22. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Update here...

Comments welcome!

Enjoy...

[color=royalblue][Chapter 4 ? Crossing Pathways][/color]

Honestly, she had to admit, relaxing wasn?t as terrible as she?d originally thought. In fact she was getting into it. Being able to do what she wanted and liked, whenever it suited her, was fantastic. No one and nothing dictated her.

Jaina was really beginning to love her freedom.

It had been four days since her arrival on Chandrila, and it looked like this might be a very long vacation. She really enjoyed the place. Already she?d been on huge shopping-sprees and soaking up the sun with hours of sunbathing.

She?d done nothing but chill out which had done wonders.

Jaina felt far more calm and relaxed than when she had been on Coruscant. She slept better, feeling more refreshed every day. Her aunt had been right; a change of scenery had done her tonnes of good. It was nice to bask in sun, absorb culture and distance her self from work.

It was definitely a learning curve for Jaina. For now she finally understood that she didn?t really need work. In the past she?d craved work to distract herself. She had been scared of stopping, frightened of looking at her self and terrified that her grief would consume her, if she didn?t keep herself busy.

But now, as she focused on her self, her own needs and desires, the grief did not take over. Somewhere, a long time ago, she?d unconsciously let go of her past and suffering. At last, in the present she discovered she could be happy, she could beat the sorrow, and she could live for the future.

Contently, Jaina sighed.

Casually she strolled down the beach. The smooth white sand beneath her toes darkened as the cool water crept over it. The early night time air was still warm. Yet the sky was blackening and the two glowing moons were rising over the horizon, casting a silver glare over the ocean and sand.

Jaina had spent the whole afternoon chilling on the beach of Hanna watching the world pass by.

Her sun-kissed skin shivered slightly in the gentle breeze, her dark curls flickered and her black silk-sarong fluttered silently in the wind as she walked. Of all things on Chandrila, she loved the beach the most. The sand was white, the sea was crystal, and there was a tranquillity about it that fascinated her.

As she walked, she felt a bit self conscious, but not in a bad way. It was as if she could feel someone?s eyes on her. She chose to ignore the feeling. Slowly she wandered back to her hotel.

~

Yawning tiredly, Orion stretched his back muscles as he walked out his back door.

In only a pair of shorts he walked out onto his veranda. The porch was at the back of his home, it overlooked the glorious beach of Hanna. Many nights Orion had just sat on his veranda watching the moons rise and fall. He loved gazing at the stars. They dwindled and sparkled like his own hopes had throughout the years.

When he was young he would lie on the beach dreaming of what was beyond the stars. He used to crave so much adventure and danger. But the naivety he once had as a boy was no longer there. Now when he gazed up at the sky, instead of seeing possibilities, he saw miss opportunities and wasted years. He still saw the beauty in the stars, but their meaning had changed for him.

Leaning forward on the porch railing, Orion took a long steady breath. The salty air was refreshing.

Gradually his sapphire eyes drifted down from the stars to the beachside before him. The place was almost completely deserted. He loved the beach, especially at night, it was always so peaceful.

A loud beep made him jump suddenly.

?Sith it! Scraps don?t do that!? Orion muttered.

The droid droned an apology and rolled up beside him. There was a short silence. But Orion knew something was up with his bucket of wires.

Glancing at the R7 unit, Orion queried,
    ?Alright, what?s up buddy? What?s broken now??

After being given permission, the little droid abruptly blurted out a very long explanation about some

23. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Force bless meddeling droids lol, love the Orion/Scraps interaction, and the Jaina/Orion, hte man also seems to have some grief maybe Jaina and Orion can cure each others grief together? ;)

Great fic Mayo, i'm looking forward to the next post.

PHGS Weyr

24. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Scraps asked curiously: How would you describe her then?

?An angel.? He replied softly.

With that Orion walked away from the droid.

Scraps shook his dome round in confusion. The droid had a feeling that no matter how long he knew humans, he would never understand them.

?Beach babe? or ?an angel?, what?s the difference? Scraps whistled after his master . . .

Loved that little exchange! [face_laugh] =D=

25. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Yes they meet![face_dancing]

Perfect meeting and I have to say that I'm loving them together already. I knew I would but this only confirms it.

Poor Orion. That Scraps is some trouble making sidekick. If it only knew when to shut up. But then again, it was fun to watch it spill the beans about Orion's attraction to Jaina. Not that his eyes hadn't betrayed him already. [face_laugh]

Wonderful update SM. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.