main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Of Roses and Racers~ Jaina/OC: Mush (Hot Jedi / Hot Celebrity) AUTHOR NOTE & APOLOGIES (Fic close)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    JediSamuraiX : No probs, DRL gets to us all at some point, lol. Thanks, that's a big compliment about my version of Han Solo.[face_blush] I always watch old footage of him when writing, he's so good and fun to write. :) Happy new year to you too! More is coming soon. . . Cheers!;)

2. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Update coming very soon, apologises for the delay... :)
    MTFBWY

3. Supernova_I

Supernova_I Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2008
    I can't believe I was gone so long, but now that I'm back...

I LOVE IT!!!

4. JediSamuraiX

JediSamuraiX Jedi Knight

Oct 5, 2007
    I'm still here, too!!

5. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Supernova_I : Its okay, I was gone a while too. ;) Cheers for reading.

JediSamuraiX : Glad to hear it! Thanks for your support!:D

Chapter 19 up within mins... thanks for your patience.

6. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    I know its been awhile, I apologize for the huge delay, its just uni has been crazy lately. For those still interested, I hope you enjoy this.

Thanks to those who read, comment, and lurk. ;) MTFBWY all!

[color=blue][Chapter 19: Meet the Son][/color]

It had been a crazy few weeks.

Since the media had discovered them, Orion and Jaina were now hounded constantly. The cameras were in their faces every moment of the day. And their freedom to roam around Coruscant relatively unknown had vanished.

Despite it being obvious, neither of them made a statement about their relationship. Both Jaina and Orion thought the buzz would die down. If anything the media obsession associated with them grew with each new day.

Relaxing on the sofa, Jaina clicked the Holo-screen off.

The stories, the Holos, the rumours were persisting, and she couldn?t watch it anymore.

Casually dressed in jeans and a white button shirt, Orion stood behind the couch with an irritated expression painted on his face. He sighed tiredly and moved around to sit beside her.

?I?m sorry about this Jaina.?

Frowning at his apology, she comforted,
    ?This isn?t your fault, Orion. This media circus was going to happen eventually, we both knew that.?

Shrugging stiffly, he shook his head uselessly,
    ?I know, but . . . I really wish it was different for us. More normal I guess.?

Seeing him unhappy made her stomach knot.

She snuggled into him, resting her back to his chest, as she tugged his arms around to hold them to her stomach. With the turn of her head, she gave him a Solo smirk that made his heart leap. It was so easy to be swept away when she smiled.

?Don?t worry racerboy; this is nothing I can?t handle.? Jaina kissed his jaw.

Grateful for her support, he placed a kiss on top of her dark brunette curls. He simply held her close. Allowing her presence to wash away the frustrating events of the last mad week, he breathed her in and revelled in the warmth he felt in his heart.

With one of her distracted hands toying with his messy blonde hair, Jaina spoke softly,
    ?When?s Pedro coming??

?You?ve asked me that five times already.? He chuckled lightly, ?Not nervous are you??

?No, of course not.? There was a pause, then finally admittance. ?Okay yes, a little. It?s just . . . I want it to go well, I want to . . . you know, oh I don?t know.?

Orion eased her around to face him. With a sincere look he reassured her,
    ?Trust me, he?ll love you.?

She hoped he was right.

~

When the door buzzer went off, both Orion and Jaina went to answer the door.

For Jaina she would be meeting Pedro for the first time, not to mention his mother, Natalia.

Needless to say the nerves were flowing, but she took a deep breath. She wasn?t normally a nervous person, but with this meeting she wanted to make a good impression. And the idea of messing it up was a horrible thought.

As soon as the door opened, a small blur of a boy rushed in and tackled Orion?s legs. Even Orion was slightly stunned, but the shock quickly gave way to joy.

?Hey buddy!? He hugged the boy to him.

In the doorway, a beautiful dark haired woman smiled at them. She was dressed elegantly, in a curvy green dress, with perfect make-up, and glistening jewellery. Clearly, she was on her way to some kind of fancy function ball or party.

As Orion lifted his very chatty son up into his arms, he introduced the two women to each other.

Without awkwardness, Natalia shook her hand and spoke warmly,
    ?It?s such a pleasure to meet you at last, Jaina.?

Returning the smile, Jaina replied,
    ?And you. Is it safe to say you?re going somewhere fancy tonight??

Blushing a little, Natalia glimpsed down at her attire,
    ?I am, yes. I?m having a little engagement party at the Bella?rose restaurant.?

?Oh of course, I heard of your engagement, congratulations.?

Self-consciously, Natalia smoothed a bit of her dress and replied,
    ?Thank you.? Tilting her head in indication

7. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    This was a very endearing post. Good job. I loved Pedro and Jania's interactions and the mom seems like a nice lady. Do we ever get to know why they split? Once again bravo and keep it up.

8. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    I love it! And meeting the ex, how awkward... That's a very dreaded moment, and she handled it very well. She's a total natural with Pedro, too. Great update!

9. JediSamuraiX

JediSamuraiX Jedi Knight

Oct 5, 2007
    Welcome back!

Poor Jaina just can't seem to escape the media, rather in the EU novels or your fic here lol!

I actually wasn't sure how Orion's ex or his son would react to Jaina, but you pulled it off nicely without having to write the jealous stereotypes like most do. I did have a feeling that Jaina being a Jedi and a member of the awesome Rogue Squadron (I used to play that game obsessively on N64 along with Star Fox) would ease up any nervousness between the two important people in Orion's life.

A little short, but very sweet! Great job!

10. Supernova_I

Supernova_I Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2008
    I love it... and I'm to tired to post anything more intelligent at the moment.

11. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Raphire: Hey, thanks, glad ya enjoyed the Pedro/Jaina meeting. I've been wanting them to meet for ages! [face_blush] Natalia is a nice woman. Her split with Orion will be explored more as the story continues... Thanks!

EmpressJainaSoloFel: The meeting of son and ex is awkward indeed, but it was fun to write. So happy you liked it, cheers for your support.

JediSamuraiX: Lol, I think the media bits are fun to write, and I agree, poor Jaina. I didn't want to write a jealous b*tchy scene when the ex meets Jaina. I just wanted to get across the awkwardness, which to me felt more realistic to have. (That N64 game was amazing! My dad had that console! I miss it! Lol) Cheers!;)

Supernova_I: Lol, no probs, thanks for clicking and reading![face_peace]

AUTHOR NOTE > I just wanted to explain and apolgize for the lact of action on this story lately. I'm finishing Uni in just a few weeks and so have alot of work on. But I'll try and post something soon.. Thanks.
    MTFBWY :)

12. JediSamuraiX

JediSamuraiX Jedi Knight

Oct 5, 2007
    Welcome back! I'm not sure rather to do a happy dance or a happy Jedi meditation!

Congrats on completing Uni! Best of luck onwards! And looking forward to more of your story!

13. jacensolofangirl2007

jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 30, 2007
    looking forward to the next chapter!

14. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    JediSamuraiX: Thanks for the warm welcome back. :) Uni is finally done. I can now write more often and freely. [face_dancing] So happy.

jacensolofangirl2007: Coming very soon... Thanks for clicking!

AUTHOR NOTE
    I'm working on Chapter 20. Hopefully it'll be up this weekend!
    Cheers to all who click, read, comment and lurk... MTFBWY [face_peace]

S_M

15. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Okay.. It's been a long time.. and I apologize. DRL has had me tied down, moving places and getting new jobs. But I've been writing inbetween. Now that I'm settled I plan to update far more and finish this story. :)

Up next, Chapter 20..

16. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Again, sorry for the very late delivery. I hope you enjoy.
    S_M

[color=royalblue][ Chapter 20: Being Realistic ][/color]

[i]Two weeks later [/i] . . .

With a shaky hand, Orion took another tablet from its packaging. He swallowed it and took a drink.

As he placed the empty glass on the kitchen side, he noticed the twitches and trembles continued in his hand. His right flesh hand quivered ever so slightly. You had to really look to notice it. But even the slightest weakness made him feel worthless and unsure.

Irritated by his body?s flaws, Orion closed his fist. He clenched it tight. Forcing the trembles to stop.

A wave of pain flickered over his face. He frowned at the unexpected agony. It was almost enough to make his legs give way. To hold himself strong, he clutched the side, closed his eyes, bit his lip and compelled himself to accept the anguish.

Several moments passed. Then his grip relaxed.

He let out a long held breath and rubbed his aching temples.

The pain was becoming worse and daily. So far, he had hidden it well from everyone. Especially Jaina. She didn?t need to worry over him, he thought. This was his issue. Not hers.

Denial had kicked-in and Orion couldn?t stand the idea of seeing more doctors.

He was fine; he kept saying to himself, the pain would pass . . .

But as he stood there in his kitchen, too stiff to move, he couldn?t lie to himself any longer.

Something wasn?t right. He knew it. Soon, he would have to seek medical care. And like before, drastic measures would be taken. More operations. More agony. And more worry.

He gazed sourly at the packet of tablets.

Forever, he was destined to rely on pills and injections. He hated that idea. And yet everyday he lived it. The irony was bitter.

From the living room laughter interrupted his disheartened thoughts. Orion turned towards it and allowed a small smile to creep onto his lips.

From the kitchen doorway he could see Jaina and Pedro sitting on the sofa. They were chuckling together and pointing at the holo-screen. Since the pair had met the boy had been attached to Jaina. And she didn?t seem to mind at all.

Pedro found it very cool that she was a Jedi and pilot. He questioned her endlessly. Particularly, he asked about her lightsaber skills and Force abilities. His big blue eyes gazed up at her in admiration.

Casually, Jaina spoke about her life, without realising the awe she was getting from the little boy beside her. She was great with him, being both patient and funny.

Seeing them together, getting on so well, made Orion warm inside.

Temporarily forgetting his worries, he grabbed another drink and joined them.

~

?. . . Really? You can!?

?Well, kind of. It doesn?t work on everyone.?

Pedro grinned at her and challenged,
    ?What am I thinking? Right now!?

Narrowing her eyes, faking a serious expression, Jaina gazed at him a moment.
    ?I?m not sure . . .?

On the other side of Jaina, Orion got comfortable. Quietly, he watched them.

Jaina leaned close, placed her palm on top of Pedro?s dark curls of hair and closed her eyes. Next to her the boy giggled, knowing that she was toying with him.

Disappointed, Jaina sighed,
    ?Nothing. I?m not getting anything! You must be blocking me.?

Triumphantly, the boy smiled at her.

A smile so bright and full of joy, Jaina found herself smirking back. This kid had an infectious happiness that she truly enjoyed. She prayed that he never lost this energy in life. It would be a shame to have a flame this dazzling fade away.

?I knew I could block you.? He said proudly, ?I could be a Jedi.?

?You could be.? Jaina said carefully, ?But being a Jedi comes with responsibilities, not just cool powers.?

?I know, I know.? The boy spoke ambitiously, ?But you get to do great things! Amazing things! Not just fighting and flying, but you get to help so many people across the galaxy. You can go everywhere. I wish I could do that . . .?

At his last words, Jaina

17. JediSamuraiX

JediSamuraiX Jedi Knight

Oct 5, 2007
    Oh crap, I'm two days late! I'm sorry!!

Not gonna lie, but the beginning scared me, but then the entire chapter began to worry me to hear that Orion is planning on racing again. As the popular saying goes in this universe, "I've got a bad feeling about this."

Otherwise, a very cute family moment between Jaina, Pedro, and Orion, and another beautiful moment between Orion and Jaina. I just love how you write the characters.

Please do us all a favor and contact Mr. Lucas or whoever you need and write some official Star Wars novels lol! Honestly, this is much better than the Expanded Universe at the moment!

18. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    He's going to do what????

Stupid man! Lol. I'd do the same thing.

Loved jaina and Pedro together!

Keep it up!

19. melino

melino Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2008
    Excellent post! Loved the jaina Pedro moments and especially loved how Jaina gets her way! Orian is sadly mistaken if he thinks he can keep it all from a Jedi :)

Sorry it took so long to review, can't wait to read more!

20. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    AUTHOR NOTE & APOLOGIES

Due to DRL, lack of plot bunnies and organisation on my part, I'm sorry to say I'm not posting any further on this fic.
    (I will probably go back and re-write this at some point in the near future, but until then, this is left unfinished.)

I want to thank all readers, comment-ers and lurkers ... [face_peace]
    That's all folks.:) Cheers!

21. JediSamuraiX

JediSamuraiX Jedi Knight

Oct 5, 2007
    I'm really sad and sorry to hear that, but I can understand (being a writer myself). Until the day you continue with more chapters, I'll just re-re-re-re-re-read the previous chapters!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.