main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Of Roses and Racers~ Jaina/OC: Mush (Hot Jedi / Hot Celebrity) AUTHOR NOTE & APOLOGIES (Fic close)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I like this story more and more...

The scene that you set is so beautiful... I can picture the beach perfectly... so romanitic.. [face_love]

And Orion and Scraps...they are so funny together. Great interaction!! [face_laugh]

The meeting was awesome... It was nice to see Jaina able to interested in a man after the grief she went through.

Fantasticly incredible as always...S_M =D= ...I can't wait for more.

[:D]

FL @};-

2. JainaRox

JainaRox Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2006
    Awesome!!!!!
    JR

3. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    That little droid is going to get it if he's not careful!:p

4. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005

5. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Kay, now this looks like a lot of fun! :D

I love all the AU stuff in this story. DN and Legacy go right right out the window. I'm good with that. ;)

I like Orion. He's much different than the usual love itnerests that Jaina Solo gets paired up with. I'm interested in seeing where this goes. :D

Well, if there's a PM list, I'd like to volunteer my name. ;)

6. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hey, just got here today! :D And I love it so far! [face_love] Can you add me to your Pm list, please?

Their meeting was awesome! [face_laugh] Scraps is so annoying, but it was wonderful how you've put him in here. =D=

More soon? [face_batting]

7. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

8. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Update here...

Comments welcome.
    Thanks to all who click...

[color=royalblue][Chapter 5 - Connecting . .][/color]

It should have been tense and uneasy. But instead it wasn?t in the slightest.

From the moment they met there was a strange familiarity between them. Unlike most strangers when crossing paths there was no awkwardness or stilted silences.

Between them, they laughed, bantered, joked and discussed everything and nothing.

Meeting someone new yet feeling weirdly acquainted with them, created an instant bond linking them together. Both were keen to learn about each other and willing to spend all day doing so.

Jaina enjoyed Orion?s company more than she even realised at the time. He was so bluntly honest, refreshing and energetic. There was a mature air about him, he was wise, thoughtful and a rare gentleman.

Yet beneath the gentleman side Jaina could detect something more.

There was a roguish charm that came to his eyes whenever he smiled. And even though they?d only just met, Jaina sensed there was much more to Orion than just good looks and a sense of humour.

He was definitely unlike any other man she?d met.

They?d walked off the beach earlier and found themselves a homey kind of café. According to Orion, the café, Jeneira?s Cottage, served the best hot chocolate and sizzling hot sandwiches on Hanna?s coast.

At first Jaina had been sceptical. But after ordering some hot chocolate and nicking some of Orion?s steak baguette, she understood why he boasted about the place.

Together they chilled out on a comfy couch. The café was busy yet the atmosphere was rather relaxed.

Fascinated, Orion watched her as they conversed.

He loved everything about her, her stunning looks, her soft voice, her complex thoughts, opinions and stories. She was so intriguing. There was something about her that called out to him.

She seemed happy in her own skin, but underneath her barriers he sensed a wounded heart. In her dark eyes he saw a story, one of pain, challenges, sacrifice, loss and yet also triumph and survival.

He knew by reputation she was a warrior, a true heroine of their generation. Orion didn?t have to ask about her past, he saw it all in her hazel orbs.

Sipping her fourth cup of hot chocolate, Jaina asked casually,
    ?So do you always pick up women on the beach??

Self-consciously Orion smiled,
    ?Not always. But this time I just couldn?t resist.?

?Were you always such a smooth talker??

?I like to think so.? Joked Orion.

?You have an ego too, by the sound of it. I should have known.? Jaina retorted in jest.

There was a moment of muteness between them.

Orion stared at her, his gaze burned, like he was scrutinizing her. He sighed, leaning back in the chair as he broke the silence,
    ?Let me guess, you?re wondering if I?m still an obsessed ladies man.?

?I didn?t say anything -?

?You didn?t have to.? He interrupted calmly, ?I saw the implication.?

Unable to stop herself, Jaina blurted,
    ?I generally try not to judge. But you are well known for the ladies.?

Inside Orion cringed at her words.

He didn?t like being referred to as a ladies man. A few years ago he might have been proud and cocky about that particular description. He?d been a jerk in the past, an arrogant jerk.

Now, he hated the thought of what he?d once been.

?The whole dating wildly and vaguely, isn?t my thing anymore.? He stated solemnly.

Genuinely interested, she queried,
    ?Why?s that??

Truthfully he replied,
    ?Dating like that, like I used to, doesn?t really lead to anything. There?s never any real connection or understanding between each other. It?s funny really, you meet all those partners and still you end up feeling so lonely.?

Jaina nodded. She understood loneliness first hand.

Obviously Orion was tired of meaningless flings and dates. She felt a wave of sadness from him, which surprised her. Being labelled a ladies man didn?t agree with him.

The tables quickly turned on her, as he aske

9. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    awwwww...how cute...I like!

10. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    I'm really starting to like Orion. [face_love]

The banter between them is cute too.

Can't wait to see where their date leads them... :D

11. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Aw nuts! I was hoping it would keep going. ;) This part though, was so cute! Their entire conversation was wonderful, so natural, just like two best friends chatting. I can see the chemistry already, and I am loving it.

Yes, quite curious to see what's coming up for their first evening out. :D

12. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

13. JainaRox

JainaRox Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2006
    More?
    JR

14. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

15. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    again an amazing post, i some how missed your most recent round of updates on your stories but they are all amazing!

aww that was so sweet absolutley loved it!

PHGS Weyr

16. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Opps!! I read this the other day and got called away and forgot to go back to comment....[face_blush]

Great update...=D=

I just love Orion...if Jaina doesn't want him send him my way...;)

Their conversation was so natural.

Can't wait for more. [:D]

FL @};-

17. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    ?I can see already, after only 6 hours of knowing you, that you?re without a doubt a very complex and baffling woman.?

This time Jaina really did laugh.
    ?It took you 6 hours to realise?! A bit slow aren?t you.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] I laughed so loud at this...... my parents must be thinking I'm crazy.

That was such a cute update! I absolutely can't wait for more! [face_love] =D=

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely! And great banter! [face_laugh]

=D=

19. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

20. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    >Up!<

Hopefully an update coming tonight or tomorrow...

21. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Sorry I'm so late. I am soooo behind on my reading. And it looks like I'm just in time, since you'll be updating shortly.

But before that happens, let me say that I loved this update. I loved how comfortable she is with him and that she trusts him. He's a good guy so far, despite being a mummy's boy. Though I have to admit he's not that kind of mummy's boy but a good son.

Can't wait to see where he takes her on their 'non official' date. I bet he'll surprise her. He seems the type.

Again, great update and I'll try to be more prompt with my replies.

22. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

23. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Ooh, pM me when you update!

24. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

25. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Sorry about the wait.... enjoy.
    PM's will be late.

[color=royalblue][ Chapter 6 ? Testing the Water][/color]

He was early, very early.

But he just couldn?t stop himself.

Never had he looked so forward to a night out. He?d showered, tidied, dressed and prepared for the evening to come. Orion tried not to feel too anxious.

Yet the feeling just couldn?t be stamped out. It lied dormant, ready to attack. He just prayed his confidence held in place long enough before his nerves could do anything.

Now he stood just outside Jaina?s hotel. Restlessly he paced on the deserted marble steps. He kept checking his wrist chrono, wishing for time to fly a bit faster, so he could go up and collect her.

It made him ache to wait. But he didn?t want to be too keen, in case he startled her.

9.42 PM

A desire to race up the stairs and into the hotel overwhelmed him. But he held himself back from the impulse. Barely.

He was still twenty minutes early for their date. Orion huffed in slight impatience,
    ?Gods, what the hell is the matter with me??

For the fifth time that night he raked a hand through his hair, tugging at the strands as he sighed deeply.

The entire night had been planned by him. Certain arrangements had been made. Whether his plans went well was up to the fates to decide. As long as Jaina enjoyed herself he didn?t care what happened.

What Orion wanted most was to see her smile. She glowed when she laughed, he swore it.

Again he glanced at his chrono.

Fifteen minutes to go.

Uselessly, Orion stood there for 30 seconds more before he had enough. Not able to wait any longer, he strolled hastily into the hotel lobby?

~

?. . Aunt Mara it?s good to talk but I?m kinda in a hurry. I?m going out in a sec.? Jaina raised her voice so the comm-station could pick up her words.

The petite brunette stood looking in her bedroom wall mirror, tugging at her clothing, applying small amounts of make-up, and fixing her hair into some kind of order. Jaina felt silly getting ready for a date. A date, she had no idea what to expect.

She was a little nervous if she were honest. But when had nerves stopped her before? Ever?

?Busy then?? Her aunt?s curious voice echoed in the apartment, ?Got a date or something??

Smiling in the mirror, Jaina bantered,
    ?Perhaps.?

?What?s his name?? Mara asked, clearly interested.

Merrily Jaina strolled to the comm station, placed her finger on the power button and replied,
    ?My lips are sealed. Night, Aunt Mara!? with that she switched off the connection.

Jaina felt self-conscious. It had been years since she?d done anything resembling a date. So she wasn?t massively confident. Despite her worries of making a fool of herself, of screwing up the date, she wanted to do this. She wanted to learn more about Orion.

A soft knock at the door told Jaina the date was about to begin. After a calming breath, she went to answer it.

Both their reactions were instant and genuine.

Jaina felt warm just by the mere sight of him standing in the hallway.

His entrancing smile scorched her. A scrumptious man he most certainly was. There was no denying their physical attraction. It was painfully obvious.

Casually, he stood waiting for her.

He was dressed in brown slacks that hugged his lean body flawlessly. For his large feet he wore comfy sandals. A tight white vest stretched over his perfectly sculptured torso. Over the vest, he wore an unbuttoned shirt. It was a dark navy colour that complimented his rich sapphire eyes.

But what really sold him off as handsome, was his golden mess of curls, his devilish smile and ocean blue eyes.

His blue gaze turned from warm to sizzling within zero micro-seconds of her answering the door.

Involuntarily Jaina couldn?t help but blush.

He was delicious.

?Wow - good evening indeed.? He half whispered as she opened the door, ?You look . . you?re absolutely stunning.? Orion complimented her earnestly.

As he?d done when they?d first met,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.