main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Of Roses and Racers~ Jaina/OC: Mush (Hot Jedi / Hot Celebrity) AUTHOR NOTE & APOLOGIES (Fic close)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Ok when I saw this story I was like Hey look it'sJania with another guy how wondefully origonal. But now I've read it and I am pleasantly suprised at the story's orinality.

2. jacensolofangirl2007

jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 30, 2007
    so ummm.....Here I am setting at my computer paitently awaiting the next chapter....but you could you maybe like hurry up just a tad on the next one [face_batting] please? lol I can't wait!!!

3. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    VaderLVR64 :I think everyone's allowed to be late, I'm one to talk lol. Anyways glad to see ya back. Hope ya enjoyed it. [face_batting]

JediSamuraiX : Thanks for your patience, don't worry the next chapter will be up this monday!

Supernova_I : [face_blush] Thank you, and again I'm sorry for past delays...

Raphire : Thanks for giving this story a shot. That's one of the best compliments I've had, thank you.

jacensolofangirl2007 : Lol, the next chapter is almost ready, and will be up this following monday. Sorry I haven't been around much.. I appreciate your support and patience.;)

AUTHOR NOTE:

For those of you wondering, Chapter 15 will be up on monday (10th)!
    Thanks to all who read, comment and lurk...
    [face_peace]

4. JediSamuraiX

JediSamuraiX Jedi Knight

Oct 5, 2007
    Sweet! Looking forward to yet another chapter of this romantic masterpiece! (No sarcasm, btw!)

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to write my own (and first) Star Wars fic.

5. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Here's the next chapter, pure Jaina, Solo/Skywalker fun!

Hope you enjoy. Comments welcome. :)

[color=royalblue][Chapter 15 ? Star Light or Star Struck][/color]

?I hate goodbyes.?

?Me too.?

?? When you back on Coruscant??

?A few days. I?ve got your number and address, I?ll find you.?

?Guess I should get going . . .?

?Jaina ? I?ll . . I . . .?

?Don?t worry racerboy, I think I know what you?re trying to get at . . . I?ll miss you too.?

With one last kiss, Jaina walked away.

[i]
    > 3 Days Ago..[/i]

~~

It had been only three days. A few days. Nothing really. But?

Some of the most difficult days.

Jaina had gone to Hapes to congratulate her twin and his wife, on their new member of the family. They welcomed her warmly and they all had a lot to catch up on.

Thankfully, Jacen and Tenel always talked of subjects important to the present.

Not once did they bring up her hurtful past year. Calvin?s name was never mentioned or even hinted at. Maybe that was wrong to ignore the scar on Jaina?s past, but it helped to ease tension.

They acted as if it had never happened and it allowed Jaina to relax more in their company. For once she didn?t have to protect herself from painful memories. Because no one was attempting to bring them up in conversation.

That part of her life was a shadow, gone, over and done with. This was a new chapter. And Jaina intended to enjoy it.

She was genuinely happy for them. Being around the new-made mother and father made Jaina?s heart melt, because she shared their excitement and joy.

Another part though, was screaming.

Screeching with envy. And even bitterness.

It made Jaina think of her own life. One thought dwelled in her mind when she looked at Jacen, Tenel and their tiny son, one thought: [i]That could have been me, I could have had that?[/i]

She?d had a marriage once. And it could have turned into a family. Her own little family. Yet it had been wrenched from her grasp, all hopes torn away with the lose of one piece. One person.

Jaina had closure on Calvin. She did. But it still felt unfair. That her life should take a u-turn, whilst others continued on happily? Why? The injustice of it ate away at her.

Despite her inner turmoil, Jaina smiled.

This was her brother?s moment. And she would rather he enjoy it, than worry over her and her silly thoughts. Carefully, she mentally shut away her dark emotions and focused on what was important. Her new nephew.

?May I hold him, again??

Smiling heartedly, Jacen answered,
    ?Of course.?

In next moment, Jaina held the cutest baby boy in her arms.

Unaware of the fuss he was under, Alexion slumbered. His little mouth hung open agape, whilst his tiny hands clenched tight, before slowly loosening again. No sound came from him except his slow soft breaths. He was the most adorable thing Jaina had ever held.

Just then, the doors abruptly whooshed open.

?Where is he then?? Han Solo marched into the room cheerily, ?The entertainment has arrived.?

Following her father, came Leia, Luke and Mara. All were in casual wear, looking very merry, and very intent on seeing little Alexion. But all four stopped dead when they saw who Alexion was being held by. None had expected her. And she?d planned it that way.

Jaina quirked a smile at them,
    ?Surprise??

Slightly taken aback, Leia replied,
    ?I didn?t even sense you.?

?Surprise? - I?ll bloody say!? Grinned Han, ?Kriff Jaya, you look great.?

Her father came forward first, giving her a hug, careful of the bundle in her arms. As he gave a tender kiss to her cheek, he murmured in her ear,
    ?We?ve missed you, sweetheart.?

Seconds later Leia was embracing her, whispering the exact same words. And Jaina started to feel tears sting her eyes. How had she ever pushed them away? Her most loyal, compassionate and loving friends, had always been her parents.

Silently Jaina vowed to make it up to them. Somehow she would show them how much they truly meant to her.

The Skywalkers gave their hugs and kisses soon after and the five of them

6. jacensolofangirl2007

jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 30, 2007
    awwwwww...that was really sweet and funny with her family bugging the hell out of her..lol well maybe she wasn't has ticked as she let on ;) but but.....NO NO NO NO NO! Their seperated! That boy had better get his rear end back to her! lol great chapter! I enjoyed it! can't wait for the next one! I love pod racing!

7. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    I love the Solo Family!!!!! But one question is Anakin dead in this story?

Great Job!

8. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

9. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

10. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    *delurks shamefully*

She was genuinely happy for them. Being around the new-made mother and father made Jaina?s heart melt, because she shared their excitement and joy.

Another part though, was screaming.

Screeching with envy. And even bitterness.

It made Jaina think of her own life. One thought dwelled in her mind when she looked at Jacen, Tenel and their tiny son, one thought: That could have been me, I could have had that?

She?d had a marriage once. And it could have turned into a family. Her own little family. Yet it had been wrenched from her grasp, all hopes torn away with the lose of one piece. One person.

Jaina had closure on Calvin. She did. But it still felt unfair. That her life should take a u-turn, whilst others continued on happily? Why? The injustice of it ate away at her.

This part really pulled at my heart strings... You seemed to have caught Jaina's bittersweetness perfectly. :_| =D=

?Where is he then?? Han Solo marched into the room cheerily, ?The entertainment has arrived.?

I could so see Grandpa Han doing that too. [face_laugh]

Apologies for not replying sooner or more often, Louise... This absolutely is my fave J/OC fanfic. You go girl! =D=

11. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

12. JediSamuraiX

JediSamuraiX Jedi Knight

Oct 5, 2007
    Gah! Darn, I'm late!

I don't know what else I can say, because every chapter is simply beautiful! Beautifully written, beautifully touching and emotional....just beautiful! Seriously! You write the canon characters perfectly and you are one of the few writers who can take their made-up characters and make them feel like they are apart of the Expanded Universe!

I'll say it again, though! Great job! Looking forward to the rest!

EDITED:

I can't apparently PM you back also becaue I haven't posted enough on the forum (that'll change soon). Anyways, here's the PM:

PMs are fine! I forgot you can get those on this forum as well, lol! Not quite familiar with the design, yet.

Thanks!

13. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    Investigation, spying, and background checks. Once you have all of these you can start stalking and scaring. :p :p Mara and Han are definitely a pair.

Lookingt forward to the next update sooooooooooo much. [:D] [:D] [:D]

14. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

15. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

16. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    Sigh I always sink into a deep dark depression whenever my favorite storys take to long to update.

Please save me.[face_laugh]

17. Supernova_I

Supernova_I Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2008
    Yay! New chapter! I like it.

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ?Han, you can?t just threaten the guy.? Mara said nonchalantly, ?First you need to monitor him, get the dirt on him, and then threaten him.?

[face_laugh] That's Mara for you! :D =D=

19. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Raphire: I'll save you. :p Enjoy what's next!

Supernova_I: [face_blush] Cheers..

VaderLVR64: Mara has and will always be one of my fav characters. ;) Thanks for clicking...

Next chapter...

Back to Coruscant.
    Podracing.
    Pedro.
    And hopefully some happiness.

Hope you all enjoy.

[color=royalblue][ Chapter 16 ? Miss Me? ][/color]

A thud echoed in the empty apartment.

Jaina stood by her fallen bags. Finally, she was back on Coruscant. And her place was how she?d left it, a complete mess. She had packed so fast for Chandrila, chucking things in every direction, whilst her aunt stood waiting in the doorway. Jaina had never considered how annoying the chaos of jumble would be on her return.

It wasn?t just the mess. Jaina new she had more important things to sort out.

Slightly hesitant, she walked into her bedroom and gazed at the open wardrobe. She swallowed her sudden heartbreak and sighed. She should have done it a year ago. But back then, she just could never let go.

Calvin?s clothes still hung in the wardrobe, as if waiting for him to stroll back in at any moment. Like Jaina had imagined, hoped and wished he would. That dream was gone now though, she knew the truth and accepted the past. It was time for a change.

Jaina made herself a quick cup of caf.

After tidying and unpacking, she stood in front of her huge wardrobe with both hands on her hips.

One second later, she nodded to herself and decided it was time to put everything away, to put Calvin?s memory to rest. She tackled the wardrobe quickly, grabbing his old shoes, shirts, trousers, jumpers, and underwear. Anything that was his was pulled out and heaped together.

It was all piled and bagged.

At the end of the clear out, Jaina felt a huge weight lift from her shoulders. She looked at the bare wardrobe sadly. Despite the sorrow in her actions, she managed a small bittersweet smile, as she shut the wardrobe doors. It was well and truly over. And she could finally put everything to rest completely.

For her, life was starting again. Now it was about making new memories.

She couldn?t wait.

~

?Whoo-hoooooo!!!?

He was back where he belonged. And loving every second of it. Like an excited child, Orion yelled his lungs out with joy as he pushed his podracer through its paces.

He sat in an oval seat compartment, attached to quadruple turbine engines. Three turbines were placed at the front, lined together by orange plasma beams. One turbine was at the back of the vehicle, for faster turn ability. The seat part was painted a fiery red, and the turbines were silver streaked with yellow lines.

The Coruscant track, The Jerker, was completely empty and at his disposal. To which he took full advantage.

The track was called Jerker for good reason, throughout the course were spiked towers, narrow tunnels, many u-turns, one wrong move or delayed reaction could cost a driver dearly. As Orion knew only too well.

Pushing at several hundred miles an hour, Orion weaved past a selection of towers. They whipped by, intimidating, tall and blurry. The podracer came to a steep u-turn corner, with a curvaceous wall at the end as high as a building.

Orion punched the power on full. The engines smoked and their fiery discharge turned a hotter shade of white; that jettisoned the pod like a bullet straight towards the enormous wall.

The podracer hovered barely inches from the ground as it followed up the steep wall, from afar it appeared to surf the wall like a wave.

As it neared the top, Orion leaned it left in a quick harsh move. In doing so he switched the power on low, allowing the past momentum to carry the podracer back down the sharp angled hill.

Just as the podracer straighten, allowing Orion to see the narrow track below, he kicked the power on full. Humming with sudden thrust, the podracer dived down the rest of the high wall so fast, that when it hit the floor it left a trailing cloud of dust and litter.

With his heart beating hard, his hair flicking care

20. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    Woot! First! I love how you've portrayed Jaina here, it's very true to her character. She's finally moving on, and it's good to see that. Why do I have the feeling something bad is going to happen to Orion though?

21. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    Ha! I beat you to it! I told you I'm addicted!

Ok, actually I just saw that someone else had commented and took a chance that you'd updated.

Great Job!

22. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    I'm worried about Orion racing again, if he gets one of his attacks while racing he'll be a bug on a windshield. and Jaina couldn't handle losing him.

On the bright side, now that he is on Courascant Han and Mara will probably find out who exactly Jaina's mystery man is. [face_devil]

23. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    EmpressJainaSoloFel: Thanks for clicking, it feels really good to write Jaina movnig on and learning to fall in love again and its great to hear you're enjoying it too. .. Orion, hurt? - No comment. ;) Thanks again!

Raphire: Cheers! :D

jaina-Fett: You're dead on the money about Orion and Jaina.. but as for it happening, we'll see. Lol, true, I can't wait for Orion to meet her family, 'cause its gonna be so fun to write. [face_devil] [face_batting] Thanks for you're support.

24. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    I know it's only been four days but it feels a lot longer.

Please update soon.

25. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    I understand your impatience.. I've been there, lol.
    An update will be up next week.
    Thanks for your support.[face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.